Deleted
    To come back at that how many people you need to be kicked discussion, me and a friend (me blm and he whm) did keeper of the lake once.
    The tank and dragoon were friends aswell, and after a wipe or 2 on the last boss where the dragoon got hit by almost all the aoe (how original for a dragoon) and my friend could barely hold up all the healing with ressing him 2 times, without any reason i just got kicked after it, while i was the only dps alive and only got hit like twice max. My friend chose to leave aswell, because he couldn't make it trough with a dps like that guy.
    So yeah, 2 friends in one dungeon can be quite unfair if they decide to kick someone >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    My alt is now at the level where he's adventuring at Camp Dragonhead. I don't know if I want to continue. I want to keep seeing Haurchefant alive and well at his table. THE FEELS!! .
    Yeah the first time he invited me to "share the heat of the hearth" my Kitty was like "WTF?!" but over time she grew to like him a lot.
    Seeing him die didn't make me cry, seeing the look on my characters face and the realization that she just lost the one friend she had did. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I got to use it once in A1! It was awesome. It was also extremely sparkly. Boss was about to die (like 1%) > no one used LB > push LB button for giggles.
    Sparkly is good, sparkly is life!

Aight, thanks for the responses, dragoon it is then!

Deleted
    Huh, that made me look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e2mYic_qck

Astrologian is bad ass. Looks like the Algalon's intro in Ulduar.

But yeah, I wish there was a FFXIV version of WOW modelviewer where you can upload your character onto a black screen and make them go through animations.
    Thanks so much for that video, some of those LBs are absolutely gorgeous, and all of them are epic in their own way. I love the spell effects in this game, they make everything look like a big deal (especially coming from a WoW shadowpriest tbh).

It's nice that they've managed to give every class/job a distinct visual style as well. A lot of my basic attacks feel interesting to use because even sword slashes are very theatrical.

Hit 55, now I gotta do sidequests/other stuff again because next main story quest req. 56. ><

Man though Estinian is such a badass, makes me want to level Dragoon next. Probably gonna level Dark Knight though, once I get BLM to 60, as it'll be a lot easier to get into dungeons as a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's nice that they've managed to give every class/job a distinct visual style as well. A lot of my basic attacks feel interesting to use because even sword slashes are very theatrical.
    Yes, sorry, I said spell effects when I should have said ability effects; I levelled lancer a little bit and loved the effects for that too. Theatrical is exactly the word for it It's a gorgeous game.

Yeah the animations/spell effects in this game are awesome. It sucks in raids when so many fancy colors and shapes are flying around, I often find myself distracted just looking at all that stuff.

Very aesthetically pleasing game to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    Yes, sorry, I said spell effects when I should have said ability effects; I levelled lancer a little bit and loved the effects for that too. Theatrical is exactly the word for it It's a gorgeous game.
    Hah, it's fine. I figured you meant all abilities anyway!

How far along with the MSQ's are you now, by the way? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yeah the animations/spell effects in this game are awesome. It sucks in raids when so many fancy colors and shapes are flying around, I often find myself distracted just looking at all that stuff.

Very aesthetically pleasing game to say the least.
    Hehe, yeah I've similarly been guilty of being distracted wondering what that awesome thing I just saw was all about I'm still quite in love with bard just because everything looks so awesome, but black mage is so much fun right now; I'll see what happens once I get the 52+ abilities...

Hah, it's fine. I figured you meant all abilities anyway!

How far along with the MSQ's are you now, by the way? :P
    *shrugs* I have no idea! I feel like I've been level 50 forever and I think I'm still only about halfway to 51, I actually thought I was being quite efficient and focussed too :/ My next quest is to kill Leviathan, I've no idea where that puts me though. I'm just enjoying the journey

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly

*shrugs* I have no idea! I feel like I've been level 50 forever and I think I'm still only about halfway to 51, I actually thought I was being quite efficient and focussed too :/ My next quest is to kill Leviathan, I've no idea where that puts me though. I'm just enjoying the journey
    Ah, you're at Patch 2.2. Getting there!

I like that fight the best out of all the pre-HW primals, it's fun. Once you're past stupid Moogle King, everything is pretty okay.

You've still got a way to go until Heavensward then - but that's a good thing, especially since you appreciate the story! How did you find the Moogle battle?

I quite like the fight - especially the EX version - and it prepares people well for some of the later fights that require coordination.

Man, lately i've enjoyed DRK enough to start gearing that as my alt job and i've tanked all of Alexander Normal and Coil up to Twintania and im having fun in my blue asuran gear with the ilvl200 claymore and two alex pieces but then i see savage DKR's with all white quality accessories but they all have +7/9 vit or str 5 times in each. This could get expensive...

Deleted
    Ah, you're at Patch 2.2. Getting there!

I like that fight the best out of all the pre-HW primals, it's fun. Once you're past stupid Moogle King, everything is pretty okay.
    The setting sounds amazing and it sounds like a fun fight, so hopefully I'll get to do it this morning!

You've still got a way to go until Heavensward then - but that's a good thing, especially since you appreciate the story! How did you find the Moogle battle?

I quite like the fight - especially the EX version - and it prepares people well for some of the later fights that require coordination.
    The Moogle fight was fun but so undertuned and outgeared that it wasn't what it could be (which is totally fine for story mode tbh imo); I bet it can be crazy on extreme though. Everyone seemed cheerful and happy to be there though, which was nice

I suppose it's taking so long because I had to do most of the guildhests to get to the one needed for the MSQ, with all the additional queue time and lying down in a darkened room fretting time that involved (though the queues really aren't too bad at all). And I did do some random crafting for no real reason too. But I've stopped following Thancred around now since he told me off for clicking on him too much so perhaps that'll speed things up.

Unlocking all of the guildhests at once must have been annoying, though at least you have them available for if/when you level up another battle class/job on the same character!

Deleted
    They're fun so it wasn't bad at all, just a bit of a roadblock. I think they're a really good idea actually!

They're fun so it wasn't bad at all, just a bit of a roadblock. I think they're a really good idea actually!
    You'll want to unlock the high level duty roulette as well - it's a great source of daily exp/gil/tomes and a lot of the dungeons are pretty cool. I think you'd like Pharos Sirius quite a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Really cool. Too bad you will close to never see it in game.
    I still haven't used my WHM LV3. Saw it for the first time in the video.
    I actually got to use it quite a bit while learning Ravana EX.

I had a glorious moment in A4 with it as well back then when we where still learning it. Used the break > damage patch appeared under my character > Mass Rez goes of and at that exact moment I die >_>. People started laughing and we nearly wiped again because of it was fun tho :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah LB locking you in place is the dumbest design I ever saw.
    For the powerful and rarely used ability it is, it should be able to be cast on the go.

Deleted
    You'll want to unlock the high level duty roulette as well - it's a great source of daily exp/gil/tomes and a lot of the dungeons are pretty cool. I think you'd like Pharos Sirius quite a bit!
    Well, let's not try to run before we're barely walking

Leviathan was great!