Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Do you all think final fantasy 14 will go free to play if ff15 is gonna be their next big mmorpg
    If.

Considering it's a single player offline entry in the FF series...

That's one massive "if."

Deleted
    Yoshida has repeatedly said he d rather shut the game down than make it f2p so I don't think we ll ever see that.
    And I freaking love him for that I dont want the f2p taint anywhere near this game.

Awww shit, i just won the jumbo cactpot
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...58A21D02930D8/

Life is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The facial expressions of the Hildibrand are what makes me love it so much. I really do enjoy the humour of it, but those facial expressions. They are so GOOD.
    Yes they are.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014_011151.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014_151617.png

Do you all think final fantasy 14 will go free to play if ff15 is gonna be their next big mmorpg
    15 is a single player game so why would it go f2p when it is still doing quite well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Awww shit, i just won the jumbo cactpot
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...58A21D02930D8/

Life is good.
    Like I said our number in EU was "0001". A lot of annoyed people

Nice!

I just hit the 'random' button every week. I got third place once but never anything higher. I hear they're increasing the number of tickets that can be bought each week though.

Well, I pulled it off. Completed my relic before the 3.2 patch.

Total gil cost from start to finish was 750,000 gil. Not too bad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, I pulled it off. Completed my relic before the 3.2 patch.

Total gil cost from start to finish was 750,000 gil. Not too bad, really.
    Mine cost 1 mil. I'm basically broke now for 3.25 . But meh I'll end up getting lucky and end up getting something to sell for a few bob like a whisker or rare pet . I had the same luck on wow when I was broke I'd start getting good drops and making a few gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mine cost 1 mil. I'm basically broke now for 3.25 . But meh I'll end up getting lucky and end up getting something to sell for a few bob like a whisker or rare pet . I had the same luck on wow when I was broke I'd start getting good drops and making a few gold.
    Well I hope we don't have a crafting step any time soon. Those 4 crafting items came too soon for my taste.

We will inevitably arrive to the meld materia step, but I hope there will be time to recover my purse. It is quite broke now.

Deleted
    Finished it as well like 2 weeks ago now working on my paladin relic

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Nice!

I just hit the 'random' button every week. I got third place once but never anything higher. I hear they're increasing the number of tickets that can be bought each week though.
    Best I've managed in the Jumbo was 4th place. Crowning moment though was getting 1 Mythril pack and 3 Gold packs and walking away with a Zidane and a Bartz Klauser being two of the four cards.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-02-22 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Double post

You've already been properly chastised about 15...

However, playing along, the answer is NO. FF11 is still pay to play (last I checked a few months ago), and that game is older than WoW with like 6 people still playing it.

I like it. I don't do most free to play games because of the increased trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    You've already been properly chastised about 15...

However, playing along, the answer is NO. FF11 is still pay to play (last I checked a few months ago), and that game is older than WoW with like 6 people still playing it.

I like it. I don't do most free to play games because of the increased trolls.
    It is still pay to play but the pc servers have shut down now and the ps2/360 servers are doing so next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Well I hope we don't have a crafting step any time soon. Those 4 crafting items came too soon for my taste.

We will inevitably arrive to the meld materia step, but I hope there will be time to recover my purse. It is quite broke now.
    Apparently there's going to be daily and weekly quest approaches to gaining materia. I think they want it in use, but not at 3+ million per materia again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It is still pay to play but the pc servers have shut down now and the ps2/360 servers are doing so next month.
    Every source I've seen indicates the PC servers are still up and week continue in a sorry of maintenance mode, and it's just the console versions being taken offline.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    So I finished my anima today finally, then I realized I still hadn't done the 3.1 main storyline
    It took me all of a hour and change to do all of the 3.1 MSQ stuff, and that's factoring in a flub on the last quest.

Something I've probably overlooked in the patch notes: Any further progression for the new anima weapon? I would assume so but I think I simply overlooked it. I've only picked up the starting quest for the crystal/fate farming in HW areas.

Edit: On the Hildibrand note, they're executing that stuff exactly as it needs to be, where it's added in every so often and it is completely optional and not part of the main story. I don't ever see any of that changing (and I am a fan of the whole Hildibrand deal/concept).
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-02-22 at 04:30 PM.

There was no Hildibrand note. "If I ever have to talk to Hildibrand I quit" was basically the Hildibrand note.

I've said a bunch of times in this thread that for some reason in mmo's people need to find things to complain about before they quit. Not liking the comedy of a quest is the epitome of that... even if he popped into the main story instead of side quests.

I don't know how community managers of mmo's handle it. I don't do well with threats, or veiled threats, or even passive aggressive shit. Hell, even just those stupid "cleaning up my facebook / no one reads my statuses" comments... "Bye Felicia" is, in my mind, the only possible response. So I just keep my mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Something I've probably overlooked in the patch notes: Any further progression for the new anima weapon? I would assume so but I think I simply overlooked it. I've only picked up the starting quest for the crystal/fate farming in HW areas.
    No advance on the new anima weapon in this patch. This patch puts in the new raids that will have better than anima weapons available, relic will take its step up towards those and be back on the same cycle of progression as 2.0 series. The relic weapon typically is a small step behind raid weapon until the end of its quest chain where I think it was on par with the raid weapons (though even then, it was months after raid released for the relic's final patch to make that step).

The relic's next phase, as well as possibly some tweaks to the current steps, will be in 3.25 in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup.
    Being sat for classes that do more DPS in HFC (before the buff happened) was one of the last straws needed for me to discontinue raiding.
    I'm just sick and tired of Blizzards inability to balance Shadow and how terrified they are we might do too much because of multidot capabilities...
    I feel your pain man. Ret and Shadow always had it rough. Only having 1 DPS spec will do that sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    "Happens to work" is a funny way of saying someone wrote a plugin specifically for reading the combat log in FF14, which ain't all that different from having someone write a third party mod that plugs directly into the game and reads the combat log.
    Agree to disagree I think. While it's true both programs are third party created and distributed one works directly via plugging into the API, and one works by sniffing data illegally per the TOS. One is fluid and controllable, one requires significant settings tweaking depending on your own network to ensure accuracy. It's completely irrefutable to say say they're on par from a weight, accuracy, customization, or user friendly perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I feel your pain man. Ret and Shadow always had it rough. Only having 1 DPS spec will do that sadly.
    Well I'm a "filthy non raiding casual" now... so no need to worry about that anymore.