Hey guys a quick question if anyone can help. I went to Gamestop to pre-order. I asked if I could get the collector's edition on PC, however Gamestop said that there is no collector's edition for PC and just for PS3. I just find it strange because I see it as a purchase option on the FF14 homepage for a PC collector's edition. Am i missing something here or did Gamestop just make a mistake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    Hey guys a quick question if anyone can help. I went to Gamestop to pre-order. I asked if I could get the collector's edition on PC, however Gamestop said that there is no collector's edition for PC and just for PS3. I just find it strange because I see it as a purchase option on the FF14 homepage for a PC collector's edition. Am i missing something here or did Gamestop just make a mistake?
    The PC CE is SE online store only.

it sucks don't waste your money or time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The PC CE is SE online store only.
    Okay thanks for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Well I recall reading it was a SE online exclusive...Maybe that's just for the US.

Well I recall reading it was a SE online exclusive...Maybe that's just for the US.
    I pre-ordered my CE at my local EBGames store, Australia though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok it may be sold out or gamestop US doesn't get it...Either way the SE store has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Thanks to a user on the forum I got a beta key horray!

Can't wait for friday to try it . Hope it will be awesome! .

I think I'll start as pugilist !
    Glad to hear it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok it may be sold out or gamestop US doesn't get it...Either way the SE store has it.
    The guy at my game stop told me they will not be doing PC collectors edition preorder but they are going to have a few of them in that people can buy when they come to pick up the game. His reasoning behind this was becuse they lost alot of money on 1.0 collectors editons that people never came to pick up and had not fully payed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    The guy at my game stop told me they will not be doing PC collectors edition preorder but they are going to have a few of them in that people can buy when they come to pick up the game. His reasoning behind this was becuse they lost alot of money on 1.0 collectors editons that people never came to pick up and had not fully payed off.
    Justifiable reason. I remember see quite a few CE at my GameStop for months after 1.0 release.

If you don't want the art or music you can get pc download collectors edition for $50 that has all the digital items

I heard there will be player housing, but I may have heard wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I heard there will be player housing, but I may have heard wrong.

Go to 6:26

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post

Thanks
    Kind of sad I can't buy a house on my won though =(

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm, is it that the housing is a free company unlock, and everyone can have their own... or it's just a guild housing type of deal? The way he says it, makes me think it's the first, that while yes you can't do it on your own, you can have your own by being in a free company that has unlocked it.

Hoping I can have my own, or else I just won't bother with it.

Deleted

Pretty dissapointed but as long as it makes it into the game at some point I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Hmm, is it that the housing is a free company unlock, and everyone can have their own... or it's just a guild housing type of deal? The way he says it, makes me think it's the first, that while yes you can't do it on your own, you can have your own by being in a free company that has unlocked it.

Hoping I can have my own, or else I just won't bother with it.
    From what I read, it's not an unlock really...it's...you buy it (in a Free Company), and then anyone allowed to access it can access it. That's only at first though, from what I've read. Individual housing will most likely be soon after, as apparently the cost of a house is going to be a hefty sum. I take this from ffxivinfo, so here's what they say:

Quote Originally Posted by ffxivinfo.com
    The housing system will be instanced, which means players will zone out into an area designated for player houses. There will be one housing area for each of the three city states of Gridania, Limsa Lominsa and Ul'dah and once any of these instances are filled a new instance will open up. This means there is no limit on how many plots of land are in the system.

Housing will cost a lot of gil. It has been said that in order to buy a medium sized plot of land you will need to spend the equivalent of levelling a class to 50 on quests three times and put all the gil you earned into your house. Large plots will be insanely expensive and there will only be 3 such plots per instance. It may be better to start small and work your way up. But there is a twist. Land prices will fall over time if the plot has not been bought up. So it is effectively a good gil sink, the rich will buy early and high while the less well off will wait until the prices are more in line with their savings.

Two types of housing will be available. These are free company housing as well as individual housing, however free company housing will make it into the game first. These are essentially the same thing, except that with free company housing any bonuses (more on this later) will be available to everyone within the free company. There will also be a shared item safe within free company housing. Free companies can increase in rank and this will bring more housing features to them over time.

Houses will be highly customisable and expandable. For example you can change the styling and colour of the roof, you can move objects and furniture around, you can add trophies and decorations to the rooms and hang banners around. Each house will have a yard which will also be customisable. Here you will be able to place a chocobo stable which will give you the ability to breed and raise chocobos. What's more, is a lot of this will be player driven, for example a Carpenter can make furniture while another crafter could create a roof.

In each house you will be able to build parks and towers, which are used to give bonuses to all members of your free company, or in the case of individual housing - yourself. This may be one of the most attractive parts of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn's housing system as it gives it a sense of purpose. Some examples of possible bonuses that producer Naoki Yoshida has mentioned include a 25% bonus to experience points earned, making crafting faster to level, to aid in HQ crafting or to increase the rate of gil acquisition.

One final point worth mentioning is that housing will be a system that Square Enix plans to expand over time. Its initial implementation is only the beginning.

source=http://www.ffxivinfo.com/content/player-housing.php
    Some of that site's info is outdated, but this portion seems updated per quotes and what has been said over time. Promises are promises, and words and words, so we'll see.

Deleted
    Feels like to me like they are promising more and more features delayed until the patch after release. I just hope they can deliver and not string people on for years like swtor did.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Feels like to me like they are promising more and more features delayed until the patch after release. I just hope they can deliver and not string people on for years like swtor did.

So far they have alot more in the game for launch than SWTOR did, thye have delivered on a great deal of their promises. Everything that is comeing out in the first patch is more Quality of life kind of things that do not really need to be in the game for the launch. Plus I think it works to exclude houseing for a little while. They can really refine the system, get it into a smooth flawless state like the rest of the game and this will allow payers to settle into endgame and amass enough gil to buy one.