10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I know it is. But the fact it's longer between pressing abilities is a nicer feel to me.
    Same here...I have the ps3 beta but yeah it has a nice feel...I just really wanna see how pretty it is on my pc as well LOL.

To be honest, it all depends on how the encounters will be... Pacing the game right and we'll barely notice the GCD, between all things and movement we'll be doing (managing resources, etc).
    My concern is about PVP (and i'm a middle pack pvplayer anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm, I can understand the PvP GCD hesitation, but I love it for PvE. I wonder how they could speed up PvP.

Chocobo companion system happens at a higher level, I think around 20. Hard to get to 20 in the beta.

I believe the chocobo came from the Keeper of Knowledge (near the adventure guild..or maybe it was near the free company building?), though I can't recall at what point. Definitely in the later levels though.

You get the Chocobo when you join a Grand guild which you do through the main quest, this happens at about level ~20, you can then make it into a companion that can fight with you by talking to the "keeper of knowledge" outside of each Grand guild

Quote Originally Posted by Materia View Post
    For people that are worried about combat, end game, or otherwise neglect of any area, I suggest you read this:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...A-Realm-Reborn

And if you don't have access to the beta forums:

-snip-
    Thanks for posting that.

a very enjoyable read.

Nice to see his reasoning for doing certain things in the game, which would probably seem arbitrary or wrong-headed if I didn't know the intent behind them.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I didn't come across it in the last test, but others seemed to, is the chocobo companion system in the beta at the moment? If so, how do you access it?
    Level 22ish. It's part of choosing your grand company.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, just wanted to mull this idea around with you all...

What if the summoner's titan egi (sp?) could tank in raid content? Do you think it would be cool to have magic range tank? I for one, would be pumped

Quote Originally Posted by Sil-Iris View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to mull this idea around with you all...

What if the summoner's titan egi (sp?) could tank in raid content? Do you think it would be cool to have magic range tank? I for one, would be pumped
    I for one don't think a class pet should be able to replace another class on its own.

And the 2.5 sec GCD does feel a bit slow buuuuuuuuuuuut its doable. Esp when you try to balance your TP as TP based class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could understand that, but maybe the egi is more intimately tied with the summoner than class pets in the past? I'm reaching, but I think it could be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    This chocobo companion system, is it necessary? Will not bothering with it hold you back in any way? I'm not a fan of pet combat systems unless it's the class/job design (like summoner, locks in wow and such). Is it avoidable?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    This chocobo companion system, is it necessary? Will not bothering with it hold you back in any way? I'm not a fan of pet combat systems unless it's the class/job design (like summoner, locks in wow and such). Is it avoidable?
    Yes it's 100% optional and won't hold you back. It can only be called for battle in area's that you can normally ride chocobo's. I found it useful setting mine to a healer while soloing quests. Nothing game breaking about it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, their website is shit. I was excited to get a key finally, but now after 1+ hour of trying to find a way to enter the key, am just getting pissed off :/

Wrong area message, I figured since the link in the email is to the Jp version which I've never set up an account for till today. I set up for NA account a few months ago, but can't seem to find a way to enter my beta key via that. What the hell is up with their website? It just goes in circles..

EDIT: Finally solved the problem. I had a second email registered, and a second code which was the one wasn't working. Not sure why I was getting the wrong region code either way, I don't recall ever signing up for a JP account or anything... will that affect the client I'm allowed to use?
    Last edited by Mavecryst; 2013-06-28 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Wow, their website is shit. I was excited to get a key finally, but now after 1+ hour of trying to find a way to enter the key, am just getting pissed off :/

Wrong area message, I figured since the link in the email is to the Jp version which I've never set up an account for till today. I set up for NA account a few months ago, but can't seem to find a way to enter my beta key via that. What the hell is up with their website? It just goes in circles..

EDIT: Finally solved the problem. I had a second email registered, and a second code which was the one wasn't working. Not sure why I was getting the wrong region code either way, I don't recall ever signing up for a JP account or anything... will that affect the client I'm allowed to use?
    The game client has nothing to do with what region your account is. As long as said account is made with the region of the beta key (you were given) you can dl any client you want. Except Ps3. You need the actual ps3 key to activate the client. Unless you have a friend that already has access to the client that will let you DL it from their PSN account then just log on under your account.
    Last edited by Kaisu; 2013-06-28 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Encore View Post
    You get the Chocobo when you join a Grand guild which you do through the main quest, this happens at about level ~20, you can then make it into a companion that can fight with you by talking to the "keeper of knowledge" outside of each Grand guild
    Ah, that would explain why I missed it, I just fiddled around instead of doing the main quest. Wonder if I can make mine into a companion without doing all the main quests first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    Yes it's 100% optional and won't hold you back. It can only be called for battle in area's that you can normally ride chocobo's. I found it useful setting mine to a healer while soloing quests. Nothing game breaking about it.
    Good to hear it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    The game client has nothing to do with what region your account is. As long as said account is made with the region of the beta key (you were given) you can dl any client you want. Except Ps3. You need the actual ps3 key to activate the client. Unless you have a friend that already has access to the client that will let you DL it from their PSN account then just log on under your account.
    Cool, good to know. Will next weekend have testing as well or no? I can't really do much testing this weekend, only have half of Sunday unfortunately..kinda bad timing to finally get a key :P

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many posts about the 2.5 second GCD. Honestly I didnt notice it all of course playing a ret paladin in WoW I am bout to at least a 3.4 second GCED for my primary attacks so I guess it would be natrual for me to not notice the 2.5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    So many posts about the 2.5 second GCD. Honestly I didnt notice it all of course playing a ret paladin in WoW I am bout to at least a 3.4 second GCED for my primary attacks so I guess it would be natrual for me to not notice the 2.5 lol
    hmm that is true. The cooldowns for pallies is a bit longer than normal for some skills, so i guess if I think of it like that it isn't too bad.
    I still would think 2 second is perfect, but that's me. How do you get speed to reduce the GCD anyway?

And around 4 hours and 20 minutes till the servers are up I think.

Edit: omg you changed your avatar, I didn't recognize you.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2013-06-28 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Edit: omg you changed your avatar, I didn't recognize you.
    I second this hahaha
    enjoy your beta access people.