Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If only we could get some tokens or such from successful dungeons runs and buy items we want with those.. I've been doing daily Ex roulette since 3.5 and haven't even seen robe nor pants drop. Pretty sure they are removed from loot-table when I enter the dungeon.
    No arguements there. Every time I do them it's Dragoon or Bard/mech chest that drops. Every time. Without fail. They just get left in the Loot Chest, no one wants them .

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    B-but no amount of playable tank jobs would give me my nonexistent 3.5 dungeon healer outfit.

If only we could get some tokens or such from successful dungeons runs and buy items we want with those.. I've been doing daily Ex roulette since 3.5 and haven't even seen robe nor pants drop. Pretty sure they are removed from loot-table when I enter the dungeon.
    If you have a friend who can run as healer that would also pass on the robe and such for you, then that's one way to work around that wait time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    With 24 man, tanks are fighting for 3 spots, and healers are fighting for 6 spots. So yeah, its quicker to queue as dps.
    Not looking forward to queueing DS as tank, which would be happening as soon as I get the MNK chest from there...

Fortunately, I have a couple of friends who would happily queue as dps with me, so that would help speed up the queue time a bit. Funny how it's the opposite way around for 24 man raids vs. 4-8 man stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If you have a friend who can run as healer that would also pass on the robe and such for you, then that's one way to work around that wait time.

- - - Updated - - -

Not looking forward to queueing DS as tank, which would be happening as soon as I get the MNK chest from there...

Fortunately, I have a couple of friends who would happily queue as dps with me, so that would help speed up the queue time a bit. Funny how it's the opposite way around for 24 man raids vs. 4-8 man stuff.
    Probably largely due to cutting tanks in half and adding more dps.

270 on drg and mnk. running out of things to do on my main

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    That's absolutely it, though.

Otherwise we have more raids with party comp akin to Lab of the Ancients...where I've had to wait significantly longer to complete compared to ST/WoD for the weekly...do not want queue times. Can count on one hand how many times Lab queue has been under 10 minutes for me.

No matter what your setup for Duty Finder, you're always going to have a bottleneck in the system somewhere and people will need to queue. Shifting it towards the more popular roles helps ease congestgion overall, even if it's not a foolproof solution.

The only real way around it is to have freeform groups, like PotD does and Just throw the first 4/8/24 people who queue up in together. The downside is, of course, you have to design content around being completable with a massive selection of groups. That works fine for smaller group content, but for raids you could well end up with a group where it would be impossible to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    No matter what your setup for Duty Finder, you're always going to have a bottleneck in the system somewhere and people will need to queue. Shifting it towards the more popular roles helps ease congestgion overall, even if it's not a foolproof solution.

The only real way around it is to have freeform groups, like PotD does and Just throw the first 4/8/24 people who queue up in together. The downside is, of course, you have to design content around being completable with a massive selection of groups. That works fine for smaller group content, but for raids you could well end up with a group where it would be impossible to complete.
    Yeah there's not really a solution here. Even if they threw in 6 tanks, that would just be overkill.

On the topic of "tanks getting the shaft for once"...

It sure is fun trying to get into an A1S light farm group as a tank (or even a healer). Most groups want to run 1 tank, 1 healer, rest dps. Yesterday, cleared it in 3:30ish with a group of 4 tanks, 2 healers, 2 dps. No doubt a single tank + healer group will clear it a good minute faster, and that would allow you to maybe get ~8-10 more runs in a 2 hour window...but damn. Sucks for me because I have to complete all 3 tank animas as well as my WHM one. Oh well, first world problems and all.

I had made my own group, where I left 2 spots open as wild cards (any role), yet never got a single person to join. /shrug

Meanwhile, tried running it via DF with another tank friend, so typical 2/4/2 group comp...and wiped due to lack of dps. Meanwhile, as I mentioned, that 4 tank group I was part of cleared it in less time, heh. One dps, a DRG, was below both tanks and one healer on damage done. They were in at least 230 gear, based on what I could see.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned, that 4 tank group I was part of cleared it in less time, heh. One dps, a DRG, was below both tanks and one healer on damage done. They were in at least 230 gear, based on what I could see.
    Always wondered how these kinds of things happen. To be below a tank you've probably either died multiple times or are severely undergeared, likely a combination of both. Being below healers on the other hand is something else. At least tanks are going to be dealing damage full time, healers need to take breaks to heal every now and then.

Funny thing is, it happens in almost every single MMO I've ever played. Makes you wonder what the point of them having stupidly long leveling curves are when people still get to max level and have no idea how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Always wondered how these kinds of things happen. To be below a tank you've probably either died multiple times or are severely undergeared, likely a combination of both. Being below healers on the other hand is something else. At least tanks are going to be dealing damage full time, healers need to take breaks to heal every now and then.

Funny thing is, it happens in almost every single MMO I've ever played. Makes you wonder what the point of them having stupidly long leveling curves are when people still get to max level and have no idea how to play their class.
    I can think of lots of questions, really:

- How did this person manage to slog through leveling (seeing that it likely took them a lot longer vs. someone who actually pushes buttons properly)
    - Are they actually pushing more than one button (fair chance they aren't)
    - Why am I carrying this person?

Pretty sure I could conjure up some more.

Yeah there's not really a solution here. Even if they threw in 6 tanks, that would just be overkill.
    Yeah the first 24man had 6 tanks (Labrynth) and 3 tanks were outright useless, and multiple fights were essentially 1 tankable.

It sucks for tank queues, but it really does make the design of the 24mans better by not trying to force 6 tanks to do their job.

- How did this person manage to slog through leveling (seeing that it likely took them a lot longer vs. someone who actually pushes buttons properly)

They could have bought their account. As much as it's frowned upon and against the rules, I've noticed a lot of people do it compared to what you may think.

Are they actually pushing more than one button (fair chance they aren't)
    Chances are they are, the problem I notice with most underperformers is that they've got lots of dead time between one skill and the next. Either they're not using their ability queue properly, or else they're spending lots of time looking for the next skill.

Usually the people who are pressing the wrong buttons quickly are the ones who are barely above the tanks, but at least they're casting something all the time and it shows in their damage. The ones who have a 3 second gap between each skill tend to be the serious kind who grace the bottom of the meters.

The msq isn't hard nor really is any group content in the msq. It's not hard to imagine how someone can get to 60 and not have a solid grasp on their job. Add onto that people who are just being lazy.

I really hope that the revamped Diadem is enjoyable, interesting and profitable. I've been distracted by other games lately - namely Tales of Berseria, Nioh and Resident Evil 7 - so I need to push myself to get onto FFXIV and cap my tomes of scripture before the weekly reset.

If you are below a tank as a DPS then you should be looking at guides. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    no interest in raiding, I'll probably do alex story mode eventually but I honestly don't care
    You know, I was never into raiding in WoW, but for some reason I really enjoy it here. I think it's because the groups are smaller, everyone actually matters (ok, to an extent, but still more than the AFK'ers in WoW LFR). I think once I get tired of leveling all of my jobs to 60 I may try dabbling in raiding.

Working on SMN right now, at level 52. Who put affliction warlocks in my Final Fantasy?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I ask all of these questions when I join i260 zurvan farms and people are doing like 1500 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I ask all of these questions when I join i260 zurvan farms and people are doing like 1500 dps.
    Honestly I'm no fucking pro. I do 1.9k on A9S Raid Finder so loads of room of improvement which I'm working on. Just need to stop derping Enochian a couple of times. Honestly all that annoys me is people who do low dps and are not willing to improve. I'm always looking where I could do better in any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    My blm wears around 240ish and I do 1.2K, which is WAAAY to low.

It's friggin impossible to do nice DPS in this game if you rarely play as DPS. <_<

When do Levequests reset? Spent most of last night leveling up other jobs and got through all 100 of them, noticed I had 3 this afternoon. I was under the impression they were an all reset at once kind of deal, but evidently that was completely wrong.