Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I really adore Square's attempts at fixing their game, but I highly doubt it will do them any good. The damage is already done and people are not a forgiving bunch.
    I personally wasn't interested in FF14 before it was released, I wasn't interested when it sunk, I'm not interested in it now. But hey, I wish them luck. After all I still wait for that Final Fantasy 7 remake. Actually at this rate I think I'd prefer them to finally go bankrupt so some big company would buy Final Fantasy franchise. I bet no other company but Square would deny it's fans what they want most of all for so long.
    We don't want a FF7 remake. It's good, but it's not worth a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    That's the problem with the MMORPG community. They're mindset is If it's not better than WoW, it's a shit game. I personally think WoW is toxic to the genre.
    The thing about WoW is that the developers don't have integrity in their design. They don't make things a certain way because they have design vision. They make things a certain way because the majority demands it. While this may be the best way to make money which I understand is their goal, it does produce an awful game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    We don't want a FF7 remake. It's good, but it's not worth a remake.
    Indeed. FF6 > FF8 > FF9 > FF7 imo. Regardless, the fans aren't "asking" for a remake. A remake would probably have never been a thing if they hadn't released that PS3 tech demo. SE teased the fans, and that was perhaps a mistake, but this whole crusade some people have over not getting a remake is honestly quite silly. A vocal minority does not equate to demands of the entire fanbase either way.

To add to the original discussion, FFXIV is under the helm of a completely new team. This is Yoshi-P's first stab at directing a game, and everything so far indicates that he does care about what the fans have to say. As well as what fellow MMO developers have to say. Past mistakes of FFXIV 1.0, FFXI, or whatever else you guys may have against the company should not factor into this. Yoshi-P was chosen by Square Enix, despite until now being a very unknown name, because he is a hardcore MMO player. We should give the guy a chance.

I miss FFXIV

I applied for the beta, doubt I'll get chosen.

If any Final Fantasy should get remade I'd like to see FF6, then FF5 and FF4. I don't really count the Advance versions of them as remakes. I would want true remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I applied for the beta, doubt I'll get chosen.

If any Final Fantasy should get remade I'd like to see FF6, then FF5 and FF4. I don't really count the Advance versions of them as remakes. I would want true remakes.
    Yeah, full 3d and voices and stuff. Man, that'd be pretty sweet.

FF4, if I am not mistaken, is the most remade FF game ever. It's also my favorite. I wouldn't mind even more remakes though :P

I've totally lost the topic though :P

Deleted
    It's just something magical about this. They fell flat on their face, and they probably knew from the start that it was gonna suck. But they underestimated the gaming community. So much money was wasted, but not enough to to give it another try. But they know now that if they fail again, they'll be in a lot of trouble.

I'll definitely give it a try, I have hope for this game. I don't think they failed the first time because of incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should've gotten the newsletter, but the beta begins Feb 25.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

"Heroes of Eorzea─your time has come! Phase 1 of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test is scheduled to begin on February 25. Beta tester acceptance e-mails are already on their way, so keep an eye out for your summons."
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post

"Heroes of Eorzea─your time has come! Phase 1 of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test is scheduled to begin on February 25. Beta tester acceptance e-mails are already on their way, so keep an eye out for your summons."
    yup saw it first thing this morning... now i'm constantly checking my personal in box in hopes of an acceptance letter, hopping against the odds that I actually get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    yup saw it first thing this morning... now i'm constantly checking my personal in box in hopes of an acceptance letter, hopping against the odds that I actually get in.
    Same here.....checking all 5 of the emails I used to try in get in lol. I've always had horrid luck getting into betas though

Deleted

Cheers for this! I wasnt aware, im constantly checking my emails but its nice to get some update on what is happening

10+ Year Old Account
    Really really really hope I get in! Though at the rate I'm checking my emails I'm afraid I might break my F5 key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Really really really hope I get in! Though at the rate I'm checking my emails I'm afraid I might break my F5 key.
    I hope i get in too, but my luck with these things is usually pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty excited!!
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-19 at 08:50 PM.

As of this post, keys haven't been sent out yet, if you'd like to give your refresh buttons a bit of a break.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...678#post964678

Cant wait to get back into XIV I got my Legacy account, so I will get in on Phase 1-4 of Beta
    I am really sure Yoshida will knock this outta the park and become a nice success.
    Chocobo racing/breeding/combat, FATE events, Hamlet Defences, Bahamut, Housing, Airships, PVP (possibly against Devs) and so much more to look forward to.
    My only guess as to why people still stick to WOW, is because of their time already spent on making their characters etc. Even if there is better alternatives out there.

Similar to Facebook vs Google+. G+ imo is better than FB, but since everyone already has spent alot of time on adding friends, pictures etc, they do not want to start all over again with G+

I played WOW for 6+ years, and by end of WotLK, I looked for other MMOs to have fun with, and found FFXIV purely by chance as I bought a Sony Xperia Arc and the trailer for XIV was included on the phone XDDD So glad I found it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Cant wait to get back into XIV I got my Legacy account, so I will get in on Phase 1-4 of Beta
    I am really sure Yoshida will knock this outta the park and become a nice success.
    Chocobo racing/breeding/combat, FATE events, Hamlet Defences, Bahamut, Housing, Airships, PVP (possibly against Devs) and so much more to look forward to.
    My only guess as to why people still stick to WOW, is because of their time already spent on making their characters etc. Even if there is better alternatives out there.

Similar to Facebook vs Google+. G+ imo is better than FB, but since everyone already has spent alot of time on adding friends, pictures etc, they do not want to start all over again with G+

I played WOW for 6+ years, and by end of WotLK, I looked for other MMOs to have fun with, and found FFXIV purely by chance as I bought a Sony Xperia Arc and the trailer for XIV was included on the phone XDDD So glad I found it
    I used to play WoW along with Swtor and GW2 , why does playing one invalidate playing something else? I never understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I used to play WoW along with Swtor and GW2 , why does playing one invalidate playing something else? I never understand this.
    I couldn't, all these games require a decent amount of play and there is no way I could do two, let alone three. Some people may only have an hour or two to play a night, imagine splitting that up by three, you wouldn't really get much quality gaming playing 20 - 40 minutes per game.

I tried going back to FF11 today. It's sad the update was longer than I played. Got white mage and black mage to 10, and realized in that time I seen 15 players, most of which were afk or fishing (Botters?). So sad, as I wanted one last crack at FF11 and maxing Summoner again, but there's not enough players in it to make the game feel like a MMO.

That said, I just look forward to 14 even more. I don't expect anything close to a "WoW killer". Hell, i'd settle for what 11 was back in the day.

Goblin train to zone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I tried going back to FF11 today. It's sad the update was longer than I played. Got white mage and black mage to 10, and realized in that time I seen 15 players, most of which were afk or fishing (Botters?). So sad, as I wanted one last crack at FF11 and maxing Summoner again, but there's not enough players in it to make the game feel like a MMO.

That said, I just look forward to 14 even more. I don't expect anything close to a "WoW killer". Hell, i'd settle for what 11 was back in the day.

Goblin train to zone!!!!
    the file-by-file checking and updating was a really horrible idea. i hope FF14 changes that system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I couldn't, all these games require a decent amount of play and there is no way I could do two, let alone three. Some people may only have an hour or two to play a night, imagine splitting that up by three, you wouldn't really get much quality gaming playing 20 - 40 minutes per game.
    You can if people stop making 15 alts on each game , re-running content they already experienced. MMOs also have notoriously long breaks in between patches. I just finish content on one, hop to the next ,play that, end the content there, play something else until a new patch comes out, repeat the cycle. It really isn't that hard.