I love the game, it's a nice change of pace with a good story, great visuals and the hunting log that ncourages you to actively search for the enemy is a great way to explore.

I'm looking forward to the classes they'll implement in the future, but for now, I'm enjoying my Archer/Bard but I'm still having a difficult time deciding what class I really want to be. I love DPS, but I hate dungeon queues and my play time is rather limited so tank and healing classes also interest me because of the shorter dungeon queues.

Is threat while tanking a consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    I'm not making progress because I'm doing everything at the same time.

Help.
    Wait...I thought you had to choose 2 Disciples of the Hand and 1 Disciple of the Land? From seeing his profile, it looks like you can do everything.....could someone explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Is threat while tanking a consideration?
    Yes.

Wait...I thought you had to choose 2 Disciples of the Hand and 1 Disciple of the Land? From seeing his profile, it looks like you can do everything.....could someone explain please?
    You can be all of them!

One quick question. Is there a ability to set a focus? I tried /focus and that didn't work. It was late and I didn't really look too much further into it. It'd be nice to have the ability to set one so I can have better control over my CC targets.

Sorry if that's an idiotic question, but noone in my dungeon party had a clue either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Yes.

You can be all of them!
    Looking at the character profile it reminded me of Runescape and being able to have every class/proff levelled ha. I play this game and i only just realised how similiarish it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbles View Post
    One quick question. Is there a ability to set a focus? I tried /focus and that didn't work. It was late and I didn't really look too much further into it. It'd be nice to have the ability to set one so I can have better control over my CC targets.

Sorry if that's an idiotic question, but noone in my dungeon party had a clue either
    Shift + F!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Shift + F!
    You can also keybind it to whatever you want in the settings.

If you want to always target the same target as the tank in dungeons, you can set the tank as your focus then create a macro as a second tab target option with :

/assist <focus>

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think I definitely need to check it out, it sounds like it's fun but still WoW-like in execution so it's not a total 180 like GW2 or Neverwinter was for me.

How is tanking overall? From the tiny bit of research, it seems you have Gladiator -> Paladin and... Marauder -> Warrior (or vice versa) as tanking classes? More than likely would stick with tanking, probably Paladin for obvious reasons (also Cecil in FFIV was my favorite). No Dark Knight or Red Mage though (other favorite FF classes from the past)?

Also just to clarify since I'm a bit confused reading.. you can switch classes/jobs on a whim? So like I could start Gladiator, and take Conjuror (I think?) to get Paladin, but I could also go Marauder and... whatever else to take Warrior? So I could switch between Paladin and Warrior, just I'd have to level them both and presumably have different sets of gear for them. So there's no need to actually have any alts at all, I'd just have to invest the time in leveling the different jobs but theoretically I could have every class/job at 50 on one character?
    Yes, you can be more than one class on a single character. What class you are is determined by what weapon you equip. So switching from a lancer to an archer is as easy as equipping a bow.

All of your action bars, stats, etc automatically switch... the game remembers everything you set up.

You have to level each class separately, so if you were a level 50 monk and you swapped over to an archer you would be a level 1 archer until you changed back to your monk gear.

to unlock the advanced jobs requires you to level more than one class. So to be a paladin you have to level a gladiator to 30 and conjurer to 15. Advanced Jobs do not have to be leveled separately they are simply an upgrade to a base class. The paladin is an upgrade to the gladiator so unlocking it makes you a level 30 paladin.

You can also bring over abilities from classes, for example you can learn an evasion type skill as a pugilist and continue to use that skill as a paladin. Only certain abilities can be brought over to certain classes and the number of cross class abilities you can equip at a time is limited (determined by your level).

So while there is no Redmage class (to my obvious disappointment) it is possible to be a black mage that knows a few white magic spells or vice versa.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-06 at 05:00 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Okay, so if you switch classes you're back to level 1, so you'd have to go back to the starting area or equivalent to level that class up to the area you were in previously?

Okay, so if you switch classes you're back to level 1, so you'd have to go back to the starting area or equivalent to level that class up to the area you were in previously?
    Essentially yes.

The game has a multitude of ways to level though.

Traditional quests.
    Repeatable quests called leves.
    Class specific Hunting logs.
    Fates (zone events) that rapidly pop up all over the place are a great way to level.
    Instances.

So you never have to worry about running out of stuff.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-06 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So while there is no Redmage class (to my obvious disappointment) it is possible to be a black mage that knows a few white magic spells or vice versa.
    I foresee the following in the future:
    Thief class with a Ninja job(THF + GLD?), Red Mage job(THM + CNJ?), Samurai job(MRD + PGL?), Dark Knight job(THM + MRD?)

Essentially yes.

Traditional quests.
    Fates (zone events) that rapidly pop up all over the place are a great way to level.
    Instances.

Oh, my.

*scrounges around looking for $40*

The two tanking classes are Gladiator / Paladin and Marauder / Warrior.

The paladin is your more traditional Sword and shield tank.

The warrior is a two-handed axe user who trades some avoidance for damage and better aoe threat.

Marauder tanking is wicked fun, but remember that theoretically you could level them both and switch between them as you wanted.

I haven't unlocked paladin yet so I can't really say.

The other interesting thing is the crafting system in this game, the crafting skills are classes. So equipping a hammer makes you a blacksmith. Crafting stuff grants experience to level, leveling unlocked new recipes. Its an amazing concept.

Even the crafting itself is different, you don't just gather the mats and click *make 20 of these* it's actually interactive and you can screw it up and break the item or do it well and make superior stuff.

They even have their own gear that gives them bonuses to crafting stuff.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-06 at 05:22 PM.

Anyone have any tips on Titan hard? I keep googling but I literally CAN NOT kill him with anyone. Was really hoping to get him down and unlock the raid, although no one is really doing it yet on my server (Siren).

The other interesting thing is the crafting system in this game, the crafting skills are classes. So equipping a hammer makes you a blacksmith. Crafting stuff grants experience to level, leveling unlocked new recipes. Its an amazing concept.

Even the crafting itself is different, you don't just gather the mats and click *make 20 of these* it's actually interactive and you can screw it up and break the item or do it well and make superior stuff.
    Is crafting like the jobs where you can level them all if you wish, as well?

Essentially yes.

Traditional quests.
    Instances.

Except you can run out of leve tickets if you do too many of them : (

Is crafting like the jobs where you can level them all if you wish, as well?
    Yes if you wanted to level each crafting / gathering class you could. They are their own classes with armor and everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except you can run out of leve tickets if you do too many of them : (
    They replenish over time, but yeah. And if you don't use them they just accrue until you need them.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-06 at 05:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Was really hoping to get him down and unlock the raid, although no one is really doing it yet on my server (Siren).
    Probably because the 24 man raids aren't actually in?

I posted an explanation and an actual example of how crafting works on this thread.

here is the link to the actual post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22313725