Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    who's fucking bright idea was it to require you to do a fate that's not soloable to unclock CT. Guess I'm never doing CT.
    CT is a 24 man raid and fates are group content why should you be able to easily solo them? They can be solod with the correct class/chocobo setup as well.

I don't know maybe check the party finder or ask a couple people to group to do them?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread, but it's been a while since I've kept up with it. Has anyone played this game with a controller? Either PC or PS3, doesn't matter. I recently injured my keyboard hand and can't use it to play games or even type (1 handed typing is very slow). I can use a controller though, because the position my arm has to stay in is perfect for one. Is it easy to get the hang of? Does it feel good. How well does the game work on a controller. I'm missing my MMOs, but Tera and FFXIV are the only ones I play with native controller support so I thought I'd ask before I consider resubbing. Thanks in advance.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread, but it's been a while since I've kept up with it. Has anyone played this game with a controller? Either PC or PS3, doesn't matter. I recently injured my keyboard hand and can't use it to play games or even type (1 handed typing is very slow). I can use a controller though, because the position my arm has to stay in is perfect for one. Is it easy to get the hang of? Does it feel good. How well does the game work on a controller. I'm missing my MMOs, but Tera and FFXIV are the only ones I play with native controller support so I thought I'd ask before I consider resubbing. Thanks in advance.
    This game works VERY VERY well with a controller...The complaints about it are from elitists.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This game works VERY VERY well with a controller...The complaints about it are from elitists.
    I would only be looking to quest and level, doing the dungeons as necessary, but typically not pursuing end game in any raiding or hardcore activities... Just to pass time, experience the story, and get my MMO fix. From what you're saying, it sounds like FFXIV will handle quite well.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    CT is a 24 man raid and fates are group content why should you be able to easily solo them? They can be solod with the correct class/chocobo setup as well.

I don't know maybe check the party finder or ask a couple people to group to do them?
    maybe cuz NO ONE does them anymore? Believe me I've tried spamming to get party.

maybe cuz NO ONE does them anymore? Believe me I've tried spamming to get party.
    just check from time to time, i had the same issue then all of sudden a bunch of people were doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed the 2.1 launch party where there were so many people camping the fates you had to wait hours to get them all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would only be looking to quest and level, doing the dungeons as necessary, but typically not pursuing end game in any raiding or hardcore activities... Just to pass time, experience the story, and get my MMO fix. From what you're saying, it sounds like FFXIV will handle quite well.
    One of the guys in my FC switched over to playing on a controller on his PC, he enjoys it. The only issue you might run into is depending on class loads of keybinds to deal with. But a little macroing can usually save a few spots if this issue comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Gear advice question. I'm a Paladin, ilvl 67. I'm in a mixture of Darklight and the old i60 stuff from AK. Now I have about 500 Myth, and I'm wondering how I should spend it.

Should I buy Myth armor or Myth accessories? Crystal Tower has i80 armor but no accessories, so I was wondering if upgrading the accessories first might be the better path.
    Getting your +1 relic sword is priority.
    The Heros ring is a solid choice for your first piece.

It really depends on what you plan on doing raid wise. Are you going to be doing coil weekly? What turns do you clear or plan to clear?

Plan on running extremes and working on them? (They drop ilvl 90 accessories)

If all you plan to do is run crystal tower every week and cap your myth your best bet would be grab all the myth accessories and just fill in the 6 ilvl80 CT pieces. If you are going to do coil and extremes that changes a bit though.

- - - Updated - - -

Are people actually clearing it successfully? How long does it take for a full run? I feel like it'd be a pain to run over and over if it's wipefest.
    Good groups clear it in about an hour, average seems to be 80-90 minutes.

Bad groups I have no idea because I never stay past 3 wipes on the first boss but i imagine it could be a long long time.

Spritbonding gear is amazing in this place though, 33% spiritbond to my fresh ilvl55 set just up to first boss.

- - - Updated - - -

So after my rested xp ran out, I haven't been getting a full lv from the duty roulette low lv. Also doing a reg dungeon run without roulette barely gives any xp at all. I don't really see the efficiency here people have been raving about.
    Was this on your low level alt character or main? I rerolled a fresh character and on my highest (main) class the dungeon xp is shit, roulette xp is shit, and levemet xp is shit, so I am just grinding the quests. But on the lower level classes everything is +50%.

Dungeon queing and running fates or levemets in between is the best xp.

Levemets at +3-4 difficulty at level 25 and 30 were giving me ~10% of a level per quest.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Getting your +1 relic sword is priority.
    The Heros ring is a solid choice for your first piece.

It really depends on what you plan on doing raid wise. Are you going to be doing coil weekly? What turns do you clear or plan to clear?

Plan on running extremes and working on them? (They drop ilvl 90 accessories)

If all you plan to do is run crystal tower every week and cap your myth your best bet would be grab all the myth accessories and just fill in the 6 ilvl80 CT pieces. If you are going to do coil and extremes that changes a bit though.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty much a solo player, so Coil is unlikely. I'm currently working on HM Titan. I do have the i90 ring, though. I think I'm going to follow your advice of getting the accessories first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    With Duty Roulette this will drop drastically. Ran one dungeon and got a boatload of tomes
    One thing like nobody has mentioned here is the daily quests also give Philosophy tomes. So honestly, Philosophy is super easy to farm now. I've bought a ton of darklight gear for my alt jobs thanks to this. If you play a job with crappy queue times, just queue for main scenario roulette and high level roulette, and do dailies (if you want) in between. Or do what I do and work on a lower level class/job while your queue is counting down on your level 50 DPS job. I do this even with an item level 76 WAR just to save me any grief from DF elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty much a solo player, so Coil is unlikely. I'm currently working on HM Titan. I do have the i90 ring, though. I think I'm going to follow your advice of getting the accessories first.
    If you plan on doing CT, it's better to get the Myth chest/CT helm and Myth pants/CT boots, with the CT belt. The accessories aren't that good for tanks (myth) and you can get ilvl80 from Ultima HM.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

so what are good cross skills to go with for warrior? I currently have flash, provoke, convalescence, second wind, featherfoot. Second wind seems useless and flash could probably be interchanged depending on the fight but I'm not sure what's the best options out of internal release, awareness, and possibly mantra.

10+ Year Old Account
    so what are good cross skills to go with for warrior? I currently have flash, provoke, convalescence, second wind, featherfoot. Second wind seems useless and flash could probably be interchanged depending on the fight but I'm not sure what's the best options out of internal release, awareness, and possibly mantra.
    Honestly I find it's what toolkit works best for you...That said alot of people replace featherfoot with say Internal Release.

After the change to internal release I no longer keep it in full time. I like to load up on the defensive cooldowns as much as possible and sometimes switch depending on the fight. Provoke / Conv / Featherfoot / Awareness are all nice cooldowns and i keep them slotted.

The 5th i will switch between Flash if necessary for snap AoE threat where OP is not an option and internal release.

Mantra is only 5% cross class and not worth the slot imo.

I also macro the 90 second cooldowns to 1 button which helps with keybinds.

I stopped playing in August and on Faerie US there were usually a lot of low levels in fates etc.. Now, there's barely any, has this happened for every server? Assuming many people are now high level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    I stopped playing in August and on Faerie US there were usually a lot of low levels in fates etc.. Now, there's barely any, has this happened for every server? Assuming many people are now high level.

A VERY large part of it is also the changes to leveling XP and things ljke dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    A VERY large part of it is also the changes to leveling XP and things ljke dungeon finder.
    Hmm.. what did they change? Haven't read up on much.

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Hmm.. what did they change? Haven't read up on much.
    I know leves give a crap ton more now then in the past, and they still have the time + difficulty reward increases. Plus the daily reward for doing a random dungeon is pretty big, and that's not coupled with the fact things inside dungeons apparently got a boost to EXP as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I know leves give a crap ton more now then in the past, and they still have the time + difficulty reward increases. Plus the daily reward for doing a random dungeon is pretty big, and that's not coupled with the fact things inside dungeons apparently got a boost to EXP as well.
    All of this PLUS even high levels will que for random low just to get extra Philo..

So yeah most dungeon run/leve npw give it a shot man even guildheists get extra XP.

Sweet, so to summarize: Story quests, leves (repeat if necessary), and dungeons (repeat if necessary) right? Minimal side quest sprinkled all over to save for second job advancement to 15.. Leveling a Paladin to 50.

One thing I missed about this game is that getting to 50 isn't so bad in terms of xp.