10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Really? An increase in boob size but still no tasteful bulge to make the men seem like they don't have the anatomy of a Ken doll? >_>

No muscle definition slider for the Au Ra either so...
    Looking at it now i think the person is trolling, reading the comments the person was just comparing them to the Au Ra apparently. Misleading title is misleading. Was too lazy to read comments when i posted it XD sry about the misinformation
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-28 at 02:38 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Just finished the main story(not the 2.0 story).......wow I am speechless.

That was the best thing I have EVER seen in a video game. Seriously that was insane.

I am so fucking pumped about Heavensword now. GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Looking at it now i think the person is trolling, reading the comments the person was just comparing them to the Au Ra apparently. Misleading title is misleading. Was too lazy to read comments when i posted it XD sry about the misinformation
    Welp, just looked at it with my live character, same exact bust size. Oh well.

I really like the look of the new armour. I can't wait to get my hands on it, especially as a role-player.

I wonder when they'll finally talk more about all the class changes/job changes and the new jobs... I find the lack of info at this stage really disturbing. Especially if they heavily reworked SMN... they better see how the community feels about it before changing everything.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Coming up on the end of my trial and still loving the game. I cant seem to decide if I should keep on playing though, mainly due to the subscription fee. I know its not alot, and its not really the monetary cost of the fee. After being a WoW player for so long I just know that itching feeling that I "should play" the game simply due to paying for it, and while I do play alot of other games as well Im unsure about if I will commit to another subscription based game again after finally getting rid of WoW, for now at least..

Quote Originally Posted by Lath View Post
    Coming up on the end of my trial and still loving the game. I cant seem to decide if I should keep on playing though, mainly due to the subscription fee. I know its not alot, and its not really the monetary cost of the fee. After being a WoW player for so long I just know that itching feeling that I "should play" the game simply due to paying for it, and while I do play alot of other games as well Im unsure about if I will commit to another subscription based game again after finally getting rid of WoW, for now at least..
    I think it's more that you've already have so much investment into your WoW character - that you paid $15 a month to develop - that simply up and leaving that legacy behind to go to a new game where your going to be new and powerless without any meaningful ties to your character for a while is what is holding you back. I don't blame you. Same thing here. Would love to come over to Eorzea, but I've just put in so much time in Azeroth that to start all over again would hurt too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lath View Post
    Im unsure about if I will commit to another subscription based game again after finally getting rid of WoW, for now at least..
    To be honest, if in doubt, it is probably best hold off on it. See if you can enjoy other games out there and other activities, if after a while you got the itch to play, then consider subbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I wonder when they'll finally talk more about all the class changes/job changes and the new jobs... I find the lack of info at this stage really disturbing. Especially if they heavily reworked SMN... they better see how the community feels about it before changing everything.
    I guess that is where they want to be different from WoW.

In WoW you get heads up way before about all the changes, and you often get such outcry about it, while some people like it, and some dislike it, the rage is all the same.

SE seems to want to be able to do things their way. That is also why they refuse to put actual % instead of rating in the game, if stats are out of hand they can adjust the % without telling the players (they even admited to it, can't remember at Fanfest or at an interview), they want the freedom of adjusting stats and such if they want.

Probably same in this way, if people know about it, you will get massive outcry, and people raging, threatening to stop sub. So SE will just keep mouth shut about it, and on patch "hey guys, these are the changes, have fun!". Those who would really stop subbing because of it, would just unsub, but without the long and massive outcry this time.

As much as I am excited about the change to SMN (I heard they changed Tri Disaster and Contagion around), I am glad in a way that they are keeping it secret for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW also heavily involves their own player base in beta testing which leads to an incredible amount of data mining, which then turns to a lot of info available. It's fairly easy to find out what's going on in WoW without Blizzard ever releasing anything.

SE does inhouse for the most part, which means they don't really need to release info if they don't want too. There aren't people spilling all their beans, which also helps keep the angry mob away like Gyrm said above.

That and, well if you unsub or don't want to play solely because of one classes changes, the game itself probably isn't for you since you can play all the classes and there should hopefully be something other than the single class you play to keep you in.

That and, I dunno. The community is a tug of rope game, everyone will want change at every second of every minute of every day. I find them stamping their foot in the ground and going "well, here you go!" a lot more respectful than them being a tree in the wind.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-04-28 at 05:41 PM.

I only like one or two classes on WoW. Same with every game i play. I usually play one class and that's it. I love my SMN... if they turn it into something totally different.... i hope i'll like it otherwise i'll try the Machinist and Astrologian hoping i can find my new love there.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I think it's more that you've already have so much investment into your WoW character - that you paid $15 a month to develop - that simply up and leaving that legacy behind to go to a new game where your going to be new and powerless without any meaningful ties to your character for a while is what is holding you back. I don't blame you. Same thing here. Would love to come over to Eorzea, but I've just put in so much time in Azeroth that to start all over again would hurt too much.
    Do as I did. Get so much soulbroke by the awfull experience WoW has turned into, that when you reach the level cap for the trial period in FFXIV you want to keep going. The gaming experience is so good, there are so many dungeons, trials and raids, the community is so better... That I honestly don't know if I will go back to WoW, even after all the investment I did in my character.

Oh, and FFXIV keeps getting better after level 20. Trust me, it is worth a sub.

Today FF is more worth a sub than wow where if you don't raid either for personal choice or irl commitments all you do is paying 12€/15$ for a 3d facebook game with classes and professions dumbed down to the bone (arms warrior anyone?)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I only like one or two classes on WoW. Same with every game i play. I usually play one class and that's it. I love my SMN... if they turn it into something totally different.... i hope i'll like it otherwise i'll try the Machinist and Astrologian hoping i can find my new love there.
    Yeah, I've always been a pet class player, Lock in WoW, Necro in GW2 and Rift, SMN in XIV

You can tell from the benchmark that they're at the very least remaining a pet class, and they'll still most likely be a DoT class

At this point I'd say it's most likely going to be tuning damage and CDs and maybe increasing the viability of egis besides Garuda since we also (most likely) have Leviathan and Ramuh along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that helps is that you can pay for wow via gold now.

On US, that's pretty much doing cata raids on heroic 25 on two charas every week = sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I dropped my 10 year developed shaman like a red-headed stepchild. No regrets! Same with my 10 year old gnome warrior, 8 year old belf pally, and 7 year old gnome Death Knight and 3 year old monk. My mi'qote monk (my main class) in FF14 feels like an actual character I've been missing for years and finally found and now we're back into action!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-04-29 at 04:30 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I dropped my 10 year developed shaman like a red-headed stepchild. No regrets! Same with my 10 year old gnome warrior, 8 year old belf pally, and 7 year old gnome Death Knight and 3 year old monk. My mi'qote monk (my main class) in FF14 feels like an actual character I've been missing for years and finally found and now we're back into action!
    With FFXIV, it wasn't even hard. For many, the comparison doesn't come down to gameplay or features but rather character connection. In WoW, you're about as attached to one particular character as you are to your favorite DoTa hero. There's zero character development in WoW, no in-game reason to care them outside of their spellbook and what they bring to a raid. Sure you might miss your achievements and overall dedicated to in-game accomplishment, but the character? This is going to be more rare.

Meanwhile, I felt more for my XIV character in the closed ARR BETA phase than I had in 9~ years of WoW. It was a very easy transition for me.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you put it into words exactly how it felt for me and what i was really getting at! Thanks!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Mmh I must be from a rare race then... I am more attached to my WoW char than my FFXIV's one.

But tbh, we should stop talking about WoW and focus on FFXIV and its expac. I really wanna try the astrologian, I wish we'd knew a little more about them, their spells etc... It is so so vague atm.

And am I the only one that thinks the most exciting thing about the expac is job-specific LB ?

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    After messing around with the benchmark CC some more I came up with this lady. I really WISH they make the horns a separate option. Not fond of the horns at all, but I think I might be able to live with them. Chances are however, I'll end up constantly change my main anyway. I just seem to love giving Square 20$ every so often in conjunction to the monthly sub. ;-;