I've already completed all the new dungeons as a DRG so hopefully I'll be able to handle them fairly well as a PLD. I'm terrified of the Vault though - it's a very enjoyable place (my favourite new dungeon in this expansion) and requires everybody to be paying attention. I recently hit 55 on my PLD so I guess I'll try my luck at tanking the Aery next!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok I am doing the NT FATE farm is 14k a finish normal? It is fast as hell but just wondering.
    What level are you? And do you have the armory bonus? as in have a level 50+ already and are doing it on a toon that is below 50? The exp you get for fates scales up to a certain extent with your level. If no to those questions then yeah that's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What level are you? And do you have the armory bonus? as in have a level 50+ already and are doing it on a toon that is below 50? The exp you get for fates scales up to a certain extent with your level. If no to those questions then yeah that's normal.
    I am 51 almost 52.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So N.T is a great place to farm fates also what is NT?

Is FATE farming worth it to level. I don't mind running around and killing shit.
    Yes once you're past 50 it gets nerfed to 14k and Gorg/DD: End get nerfed to like 40-50ish depending on your level.

Honestly, it's still a fairly quick way to level for 'free' so you get a headstart on your Heavensward story. I actually got my 2nd class to 54 off casually doing N Than in a group that I would maintain/recruit for (paying attention to work or other things on another computer).

I probably wouldn't go all the way to 54 on your first job, but I'd definitely say go 52 if you don't mind grinding for a bit. It's only inefficient if the FATEs have been adjusted to be really hard/long and the zerg is winding down. Leveling in N Than sucked at first due to the large number of undergeared and low damage AST/MCH/DRKs, but now it's fine because people are leveling their secondary jobs that they have i110+ gear in.

Leveling will just feel really slow through Coerthas and the Dravanian Forelands at first (particularly the latter due to having to do an insane amount of running around cliffs for 20k XP sidequests), but it'll pick up a lot after that.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2015-07-08 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Yes once you're past 50 it gets nerfed to 14k and Gorg/DD: End get nerfed to like 40-50ish depending on your level.

Honestly, it's still a fairly quick way to level for 'free' so you get a headstart on your Heavensward story. I actually got my 2nd class to 54 off casually doing N Than in a group that I would maintain/recruit for (paying attention to work or other things on another computer). I probably wouldn't go all the way to 54 on your first job, but I'd definitely say go 52 if you don't mind grinding for a bit.

Leveling will just feel really slow through Coerthas and the Dravanian Forelands at first (particularly the latter due to having to do an insane amount of running around cliffs for 20k XP sidequests), but it'll pick up a lot after that.
    Almost 52 and I think from that point on ill just go back to questing and all. Im just a bit burned out questing going from 2.2 to the xpac in just a few days LOL.

Kinda lame old FATES get nerfed so hard when u outlevel them. Makes level sync pointless for them really.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Almost 52 and I think from that point on ill just go back to questing and all. Im just a bit burned out questing going from 2.2 to the xpac in just a few days LOL.

Kinda lame old FATES get nerfed so hard when u outlevel them. Makes level sync pointless for them really.
    Most of the Dravanian Forelands really sucks for questing as well, because of the excessive amount of running around to isolated points that you have to take big loops for just to get to or the constant backtracking (until you get flying, at least.. then it becomes a breeze). It'll be easy to burnout when you're slogging through quests forever and your XP bar barely moves since you'll be 'ahead' on levels and your XP required to level will be higher. It picks up after Sohm Al, though, and the upper 50s have a lot more story quest XP where you're getting like 80K+ just from talking to NPCs every few minutes.

It's nice to change it up a bit. I do quests/fates while waiting for dungeon ques usually when leveling alt jobs.

Also does anyone have this issue when they alt tab out of the game?

http://i.imgur.com/2Ys0fOR.jpg

It goes to this low res window and i gotta do another alt tab to actually be able to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account

It goes to this low res window
    Yeah, think the problems started when I changed to DirectX 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Cripes.

Trying to join fate groups in N.Thanalan, and they all have level 56-58 people in them.

Meh.
    Thats when u run into the FATE and spam a AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to change it up a bit. I do quests/fates while waiting for dungeon ques usually when leveling alt jobs.

It goes to this low res window and i gotta do another alt tab to actually be able to do anything.
    Are you using full screen (non windowed) mode? I think it just does that to let you see what's going on but it's not considered an active screen, though I'm not 100% sure... I've been using full screen window mode for the most part.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-07-09 at 02:20 AM.

Yeah I use full screen. I get weird frame pacing issues when playing in windowed full screen. This also only started with the new DX11 client. The client would just pretty much not let me click anything else unless I alt tab to the desktop again. It's not really a big deal if I'm being honest and I was just really more curious if other people were experiencing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I use full screen. I get weird frame pacing issues when playing in windowed full screen. This also only started with the new DX11 client. The client would just pretty much not let me click anything else unless I alt tab to the desktop again. It's not really a big deal if I'm being honest and I was just really more curious if other people were experiencing it.
    The frame stutter is an issue with Nvidia cards with full screen window mode + aero. I temporarily disable windows aero. It's always been that way for me for any game with windowed mode for this card at least.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamnit, Floor 4 of Alexander is annoying. I never know if I should be soaking the energy balls and healing myself meanwhile, or if the OT will soak it all, or... This mess resulted in myself exploding with the OT. People kicked me 1 minute later T_T

Well, at least for the first time I can progress on hard content on a game without a schedule c:

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Goddamnit, Floor 4 of Alexander is annoying. I never know if I should be soaking the energy balls and healing myself meanwhile, or if the OT will soak it all, or... This mess resulted in myself exploding with the OT. People kicked me 1 minute later T_T

Well, at least for the first time I can progress on hard content on a game without a schedule c:
    Not as bad as me. Basically in phase 1 the MT died and I was the 2nd on his aggro list. I was like "yeah I'll let somebody else die for me" and used Elusive Jump to cut my aggro by 50%...surprise surprise I was still the top aggro (shows you how shitty our DPS was) and the boss 2 shot me. The MT was raised and I remained dead for like 10 seconds....when the boss used Quarentine and I was sent to the other room while dead (!!!!), the MT didn't have enough damage to kill the add and died.

Guess who was blamed and kicked? Yup, me. It was probably my fault that the MT died and I was doing more than twice the damage that the 2nd DPS was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Not as bad as me. Basically in phase 1 the MT died and I was the 2nd on his aggro list. I was like "yeah I'll let somebody else die for me" and used Elusive Jump to cut my aggro by 50%...surprise surprise I was still the top aggro (shows you how shitty our DPS was) and the boss 2 shot me. The MT was raised and I remained dead for like 10 seconds....when the boss used Quarentine and I was sent to the other room while dead (!!!!), the MT didn't have enough damage to kill the add and died.

Guess who was blamed and kicked? Yup, me. It was probably my fault that the MT died and I was doing more than twice the damage that the 2nd DPS was.
    Sounds to me like they graced you with a penalty free drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post

WHM myself, like i posted earlier, it`s a really fucking healing intense fight.

You should just soak one ball, and heal yourself up, and soak another.
    Everybody should just soak 1 ball, until they are fully healed up again.
    Nobody should soak 2 balls right away, there aren`t that many inn phase 1 and 2 anyways.

And inn phase 3, when you get debuff you have to almost only focus on healing yourself.

Deleted
    When I start the client now I can no longer see the login and password fields, the top right part of the box is blank.... I am currently trying to play tethering my phone to my laptop as im in Spain.

I played before the 3.01 update but since updating I cant log in.

I did some searching which said it uses the IE engine to render those fields and update it, but my IE is updated...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    WHM myself, like i posted earlier, it`s a really fucking healing intense fight.

You should just soak one ball, and heal yourself up, and soak another.
    Everybody should just soak 1 ball, until they are fully healed up again.
    Nobody should soak 2 balls right away, there aren`t that many inn phase 1 and 2 anyways.

And inn phase 3, when you get debuff you have to almost only focus on healing yourself.
    But... but... demn DAMAGE
    What usually happens is:
    -Other healer dies, I ressurect him/her
    or,
    -Tank dies from the tankbuster skill of the boss, healers ressurect him
    This renders me without mana :X

Also, I think people gets nervous on that phase... I don't see the DDrs walking around to stop tethers and energy balls :X

Damn I need a static. Or maybe, with time, people will get moar gear and better grasp of the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    When I start the client now I can no longer see the login and password fields, the top right part of the box is blank.... I am currently trying to play tethering my phone to my laptop as im in Spain.

I played before the 3.01 update but since updating I cant log in.

I did some searching which said it uses the IE engine to render those fields and update it, but my IE is updated...
    Also try resetting IE to the default settings. This seems to have worked for most people in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Sounds to me like they graced you with a penalty free drop out.
    You are right but damn...that left me with a horrible taste in my mouth :/