The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Depends on situation and obviously computer spec, what is yours?
    I talked to someone in Private Messages, I was pretty close to recommended specs, and they said I should be fine.

But, I went ahead and purchased the game, $10 isn't much of a throw away if I dislike it, chances are I would have disliked whatever Steam game I would have picked up.
    But this 3 hours of update downloading is no joke lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I talked to someone in Private Messages, I was pretty close to recommended specs, and they said I should be fine.
    I'm way over recommended specs but the game still tanks to about 10fps when there are many people around like Revenant's Toll and Crystal things, but is around 40-50fps in CT :/
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2014-12-27 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's what happens when you get CPU bottlenecked. I get stomped down to 20s a lot of times in highly populated areas.
    Happens to every single MMO to date sadly. Can only wait for Mantle implementation for AMD or hope Microsoft releases DX12 and it works. It'll alleviate the high cpu overhead causing it to be inefficient.
    I don't know how it is on PS4 considering the CPU overhead on consoles are near inexistant.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-12-27 at 06:30 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So having fun early on, only complaint so far is... it feels kind of clunky right now.
    I don't know maybe it is one of those things that will work itself out, or I will get used to. Not horrible just feels like I'm not moving as fluidly as I'm used to in other games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I find, is that things feel more different in this game a lot more when the FPS dips down to the 20s~ than it does when it's in the 50~+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    So having fun early on, only complaint so far is... it feels kind of clunky right now.
    I don't know maybe it is one of those things that will work itself out, or I will get used to. Not horrible just feels like I'm not moving as fluidly as I'm used to in other games.
    Yeah give it some time man..ALOT opf people have that feeling at first. Thing is your skills and all of that will start to flow together almost like a dance later on. But just give it a bit i say.

Deleted
    Since a few people mentioned framerate issues, do keep in mind there are a LOT of graphical settings that influence framerate from mildly to severely. There's this one that I can't remember the name of exactly, but it boosted my average framerate from 20 to 35... something something pre-cache something details?

weird how people are complaining about fps issues in this game. It's like the only mmo I've not had issues with on my old computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well I got a WiiU for xmas instead of a ps4 so no console playing for me :/

Which isn't too disapointing except for FF14, KH3 and FF15 I don't really have any interest in any other games.
    Ouch, sorry =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Almost finished with updating... (on PS4 btw)

Now race/class/realm and that are on my mind.... hmmmm

Will report back with the final decision XD
    Come join adamantoise...I got the invite power to a kinky linkshell LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    XD sorry but the game says unable to create character there so went with Mateus I think

Made a male kitty archer XD just got done doing a noob moment with resizing the chat log (was like f this bust out the ye ol' keyboard n mouse)
    Strnge adamantoise isn't that populated or so i thought.

Manage to get to level 6 before I called it a night...

They weren't kidding about peoples pervy fantasy of cat ladies... I've seen some things... XD

Overall so far so good and will continue later...
    But is it as bad as goldshire used to be with the gnomes and dwarfs?

I'm on shiva realm so i can't stalk you that effectively ='[

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    But is it as bad as goldshire used to be with the gnomes and dwarfs?
    Only on Moogle. Good lord you can tell thats the server favoured by 4chan and reddit

im on moggle and i dont see anythin odd stand out. there were some elarpers like 8 months ago but cant recall anything hapening like that atm
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, Ninja is so fun. The whole combining of Mudras to get different spells is awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Only on Moogle. Good lord you can tell thats the server favoured by 4chan and reddit
    I think you mean Balmung.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    the new raid isnt about alexander, it IS Alexander. you fight inside him
    Oh god, now I hear master shake saying 'Dracula isn't in the bus, he IS the bus, the bus of the undead!'

Decided to reroll since Archer just wasn't working out...

Now a Hyur Fem Lancer Level 15

First death was another noob moment (surprisingly)

Was wondering why there were 30+ people clustered together on a bridge so I decided to look there real quick then turned around to get back to questing then bam pulled a level 50 n died >.> (least I got back there and did bit of damage and got some things I cant remember what they're called then died again)

The gear I'm getting from quests just seem out of place least for a lancer I assume gear looks better later on?
    Remember you can play all the classes on just one character you can switch your base class once you reach level 10 for the first time. All the different gear is simply to make gearing different classes up whilst leveling easier. Generally speaking if its not an upgrade and you just stick with the one class to level to max, then pick the money option instead. Listed as gil its the goldern blocks in the loot panel you just sell the to the vendors for easy money.

Some low level gear looks awesome especially the lvl 30 sets ^^ and a few dungeon pieces.

I recall something about having multiple classes on a single character but thought it was a much higher level thing... oh well

Yeah I've been getting several of those things that sell for 100 gil if there were no upgrades

Should've seen me wasting an hour just to find item level 5 or higher legs since no quests provided a option XD (The Search For Higher Level Pants)

Have yet to do dungeons... so when the first one I encounter? (level wise) only been doing these solo duties (heh duties)
    Its been too long i think the first dungeon is around lvl 15 in the main story line quests. Those gil packets range anywhere from 25 gil to 10k depending on the quest ^^ generally scaling higher as you level. by the time you have your first lvl 50 you tend to be sitting on anywhere from 300k - 400k