Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What about information on the big stress test they were planning? Or did I miss an invite for that already? EA info would be nice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    i want IA progresion video...
    future IA wants that too! But early access is on top of my hope list atm, need to get in my vacation requisiton
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    need to get in my vacation requisiton
    this!
    bioware are real bastards for making us wait that long
    well I took off the week from december 12th to december 18th now, I hope it fits.

Id like all that info too, but the big thing that i think most are waiting to hear about is the early entry date.
    But they can give out all that other info today too, would just be gravy!!

10+ Year Old Account
    aww, SR is not responding to my inquisitive early access tweet and hes in tweet hot mode atm. SHOWS OFF GUYS
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro

I also hope it's the IA or SI progression vid today.

Early access will most likely start a week early (give or take). I'm not expecting it earlier so I don't care so much...

A week early sounds about right to me also for EA.

Odds are in favor of IA/SI progression vids.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A week doesn't right for me.

They already have 750k pre-order. That's without Origin pre-orders (+EU Retailer)... So let's say 1 million of people for NA pre-order (please note I approximate a number based of prediction for the end of november). 1 million will join during early access. It will create the same problem they are trying to evade : Limit the number of people being stuck in the start zone at day 1.

They will have to start more than 1 week, and split the early access across weeks so that bottle-neck is not happening.

Edit : Ty Ixator. Added +EU retailer orders.
    Last edited by Saluna; 2011-11-04 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added the comment of Ixator

10+ Year Old Account
    + the EU retailer orders

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 03:58 PM ----------

I remember listing to a podcast a few months back with some gaming professional, who at the time had only played a few odd mintues on game shows, saying that Swtor will get 4-6 mil players at launch. Seems a bit steep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early Access will be 2 weeks prior to launch and I will be the first one allowed on. The remaining people will be able to start joining only after I start to feel lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Early Access will be 2 weeks prior to launch and I will be the first one allowed on. The remaining people will be able to start joining only after I start to feel lonely.
    LOL. That certainly does sound like the best way to go about Early Access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifro View Post
    LOL. That certainly does sound like the best way to go about Early Access.
    It's the best way to ensure success of the game.

This is sort of OT, but I am curious how to obtain the early access code itself? I have the game pre ordered at Gamestop and the dude told me they were out of codes and to come back. I came back 2 days later and the Manager dude says nah that kid is dumb, it will be emailed.

I then read gamestop ran out of codes? And won't be giving them out? I pre ordered 2 months ago. If I get screwed won't be a big deal to me, I'm just curious is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    This is sort of OT, but I am curious how to obtain the early access code itself? I have the game pre ordered at Gamestop and the dude told me they were out of codes and to come back. I came back 2 days later and the Manager dude says nah that kid is dumb, it will be emailed.

I then read gamestop ran out of codes? And won't be giving them out? I pre ordered 2 months ago. If I get screwed won't be a big deal to me, I'm just curious is all.
    Ouch, sounds like you went to a pretty fail Gamestop. When I pre-oredered my 8 copies (yes, 8. lulz) my pre-order codes were printed on my reciept. Now, I'm not sure but I think I remember hearing there was a limited number of early access codes. Again, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account

magic word gamestop, stops you from getting... things. Read so many complaints about gamestop on official.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    A week doesn't right for me.

They already have 750k pre-order. That's without Origin pre-orders (+EU Retailer)... So let's say 1 million of people for NA pre-order (please note I approximate a number based of prediction for the end of november). 1 million will join during early access. It will create the same problem they are trying to evade : Limit the number of people being stuck in the start zone at day 1.

They will have to start more than 1 week, and split the early access across weeks so that bottle-neck is not happening.
    Edit : Ty Ixator. Added +EU retailer orders.
    They have already said early access will be more than a weekend but not weeks.

With ~ million pre-orders they could easily get all those folks downloaded, patched and into the game in a week. It really depends on the number of servers they bring up.

You gotta remember THEY determine what day of early access you get in on, so they can stagger it however much they want.

Starting zones won't be an issue, the instancing allows a larger number of folks to play on a particular planet. The main issue would be login servers and that infrastructure, but i am sure they are going to try to hit them hard with the last weekend beta test.

Game takes about 4 hr to dl at 2mb/s (decent avg), there have been few issue with the DL for the BETA or getting into the game initially.

I expect this launch to be the best MMO launch ever, BW knows that the launch is crucial.

Definitely sounds like Gamestop screwed you over a bit here. My guess is that if you haven't gotten the email yet; Then you wont be getting it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Ouch, sounds like you went to a pretty fail Gamestop. When I pre-oredered my 8 copies (yes, 8. lulz)
    8? I need to know. X mas presents? Boxer? Or do you have a Gold Farming enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    8? I need to know. X mas presents? Boxer? Or do you have a Gold Farming enterprise?
    I would bet on the Gold Farming Enterprise. It seems to be a pretty lucrative business venture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    2 for myself, 2 for my brother, and the other 4 to friends.