View Poll Results: Who gets more ladies? Nice guys or jerks?

Voters
609. This poll is closed
  • Nice guys

143 23.48%
  • Assholes

466 76.52%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure stereotypes and generalizations get all the ladies.

Deleted
    As you said 'more' Ladies I assume you prefer quantity over quality? In which case probably option 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    As you said 'more' Ladies I assume you prefer quantity over quality? In which case probably option 2.
    easy to go for quantity as a nice guy as well, it's just a matter of what you're looking for.

the main problem is when I read nice guy I assume the OP is talking about a guy lá World of Warcraft player that believes that a first date is just like in a romanic movie or such and the main objective of the game is to get married with the perfect girl.

The answer to this question depends on your definition of "nice guy."

"Nice Guys" get no women because they are awkward, obviously putting on a front, and give creepy tells that they don't really appreciate women as people. Guys who happen to be genuinely nice but aren't particularly assertive will get laid less often than someone who is assertive but shallow, but if they're shy rather than spineless they seem to have better relationships.

e: Also lots of women I know like their boys skinny and effette, so muscle mass isn't everything!

sorry. i couldn't resist.
    OT the douche's got the hot shallow chicks and the nice guys get the attractive intelligent chicks
    Last edited by BMBLB; 2011-11-06 at 08:55 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledevil View Post
    Ask the guy who murdered his wife after she destroyed his collection of Star Wars memorabilia that he had been collecting since his childhood. (Google "Girlfriend destroys Star Wars collection" to find the article. This happened earlier this month).
    First, I'm not sure that would be murder; women have gotten the insanity defense for less. :P Second, it never happened, and if you googled it yourself you'd know. There was a video of a girlfriend destroying some Star Wars stuff, but the rest is exaggerated rumor.

Nice guys get more girls worth being with.

Jerks get more girls. And by girls I mean one night stands.

I voted "assholes" but it's more of BAD BOYS. Girls get turned on by bad boys more than good geeky cute nice guys. That's just the way it is. Even if there are girls that like that, there are more girls that get turned on, and wet (if you say) by bad boys. The thing is, even the girls that like the nice guys, get turned on by the bad boys. It's not so much that you need to be an asshole, but more that you need to have a good bad boy attitude, which isn't really that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    OT the douche's got the hot shallow chicks and the nice guys get the attractive intelligent chicks
    Obvious misconception is obvious. When it comes to attraction, people often go by their "reptilian brain" when choosing partners. Know many women who're with absolute bastards, and even if they are demeaning to them all the time, they keep going back.

Heck, women even keep going back to men who beat them, it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-11-06 at 08:56 AM.

I wa an asshole... I got my share of girls at that time. eventualy i met my future to be wife. She was a realy nice girl. She made me into the man iam today. Im 27 with a 2yr old gorgeos daughter and a 1 month son. So i can say im a nice guy with 2 kids now.

If wasnt a asshole i whouldn`t have met my wife and i whouldn`t have been a nice guy now. so... its all about what rings for you mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that jerks probably get laid by more women. Nice guys get to keep a woman a lot longer. So, sheer numbers the jerks win, but once you're over 30, numbers don't matter anymore.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Nice guys can be creepy and awkward to woman, thats why an asshole with confidence gets more girls.

Depends on the age group but i think girls like nice guys early on - teens - but around youth (20+) they like jerks cause atleast jerks tend to have a spine.

Quote Originally Posted by iPluto View Post
    Depends on the age group but i think girls like nice guys early on - teens - but around youth (20+) they like jerks cause atleast jerks tend to have a spine.
    Disagree, would definitely say it's the other way around, the older they get, the more they choose partners with their mind, and not their instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Obvious misconception is obvious. When it comes to attraction, people often go by their "reptilian brain" when choosing partners. Know many women who're with absolute bastards, and even if they are demeaning to them all the time, they keep going back.

Heck, women even keep going back to men who beat them, it's ridiculous.
    of course there's exceptions to every rule, and i know the same sorts of people. maybe i'd just like to think that it works out that way, gives me hope
    but where I'm from, there is a noticeable amount of hot shallow chicks with douches, and my definition of "intelligent and attractive" doesn't match a lot of other people's definition, so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iPluto View Post
    this just brings me back to my idea that people in this thread are thinking something like this:

this is a "nice guy":

this is a "bad guy":

well guess freaking what, man up and hit the gym.
    you are who you are, either people like you or they don't, but no matter what you're not gonna get laid on a one night stand basis looking like crap no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    this just brings me back to my idea that people in this thread are thinking something like this:

this is a "nice guy":

this is a "bad guy":

well guess freaking what, man up and hit the gym.
    you are who you are, either people like you or they don't, but no matter what you're not gonna get laid on a one night stand basis looking like crap no matter what.
    No.

One is an obese man wearing nothing but underwear messing with a computer.

The other one is likely a model taken with a good camera and perfect lighting.

We know nothing about their personality and mannerisms so cannot assume who is a bad or nice guy.
    Last edited by mmoc6b7f58fe9b; 2011-11-06 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    No.

One is an obese man wearing nothing but underwear messing with a computer.

The other one is likely a model taken with a good camera and perfect lighting.

We know nothing about their personality and mannerisms so cannot assume who is a bad or nice guy.
    wooooooooosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    The bad guy will get more short term relationships. But in the end the nice guy is the one they stay with.
    atleast thats how it seems to me.
    ^thiss , always beeng like this

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Jerks get laid. Nice guys get married.
    I actually came to this thread to say this.
    Plus you said it using nicer words, kudos.