Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What xbox360 games should I get?

I've been into my xbox ever since I found gears of war, and I ordered gears of war 3 lately and after I finish that Idk what to play.(Though I originally only tried gears of war because of the bundle pack with 1 and 2)

Now I want to play more stuffs, I'm into stuff like fable, and I'm looking into assasins creed, though I'm not sure if I should get it or not, it looks confusing yet fun.

Oh and I already have deus ex and MO:2 and black ops ;o

No live ;(

Assassins creed is pretty good. I recommend some Mass Effect. Skyrim is coming out 11/11 and will be amazing too.

those games are all in the pc as well so might as well play em there

id say bayonetta xd

Instead of buying a game, or as well as if you can afford it, get live! It is by far (imo) the best thing about Xbox, the multiplayer on GoW3, BF3, CoD etc is the sole reason many people buy those games, its truely awesome! I bought battlefield 3 on release and I am very impressed, the gameplay is fantastic, the matchmaking system could be better but still a solid choice! Burnout Paradise is one of my favourites for online and offline play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    Assassins creed is pretty good. I recommend some Mass Effect. Skyrim is coming out 11/11 and will be amazing too.
    yeah i'd say get AC for xbox but i wouldn't recommend skyrim for xbox. Skyrim is gonna be way better on pc cause of all of the mods and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO? Mass Effect. Couldn't get more awesome than that.

Mass effect and battlefield huh, thanks for the suggestions!

I definitely reccomend Arkham Asylum and Arkham City if you're a Batman fan (or fanatic, like me.) They're both absolutely fantastic if you like more than FPS. :B
    Also Fable 2 is great, but I'd say skip Fable 3. I wasn't very impressed with the story...
    Also Left4Dead is a definite classic. Darksiders and Bayonetta is great. (I'm a girl and was a little embarassed by how fanservice-y Bayonetta was, but it's still great!) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is also a great choice if you like the ones I mentioned before.

Also, live is AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would get Live before anything. Try out the Gears of War multiplayer, it's great. Then branch out and get games like Mass Effect, maybe Dragon Age (I wouldn't recommend it), Battlefield 3 to name a few.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

If you want to play one of the most unique and interesting games created in recent memory, alongside with one of the best stories in recent memory, check out Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Haven't bought more than 1 game a year since we bought an xbox, but I enjoyed Dark Souls. At first it seems artificially hard because it's so bare bones. You have both a health and stamina bar, where stamina runs out from both blocking and attacking, and there are pretty brutal reaction based dodging and counter attack mechanics.

The 8 or so classes are typical knight types, agile types, ranged and casters. No combination-type attack codes. It's dark fantasy style, but very minimalist on many other elements it probably deemed vanity - such as plot. You may like it. It is, like it promised, quite unforgiving for beginners.

I see all of the "fans" complaining about how Demon's Soul (one of those "spiritual" predecessors) was also top notch, if you want to check both out.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2011-10-31 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareG9 View Post
    Hello Kitty Island Adventures 2: Island of peril!
    this many times over!!!

or you could get Dead Island,which is a gears of war type shoot em up, lots of quests / weapon upgrades (even weapon mods-enchantments)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neilsonlin View Post
    I've been into my xbox ever since I found gears of war, and I ordered gears of war 3 lately and after I finish that Idk what to play.(Though I originally only tried gears of war because of the bundle pack with 1 and 2)

Now I want to play more stuffs, I'm into stuff like fable, and I'm looking into assasins creed, though I'm not sure if I should get it or not, it looks confusing yet fun.

No live ;(
    step 1. Live.
    step 2. halo 1,2,3, odst, wars, reach.
    step 3. ???
    step 4. profit.

But no seriously, halo is amazing for xbox. I pretty much solely play xbox for halo, left 4 dead 1+2, gears of war, and assassins creed (the first one might discourage you as it was pretty rough to deal with but 2 and brotherhood greatly increased the playability and made it so much more fun). Borderlands is also pretty cool along with mass effect. Bioshock and Dead Space are also good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit up Alan Wake, great game.

Don't buy dark souls, its just a less polished copy of Monster Hunter.

Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Fable 2
    Fable 3
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Darksiders

battlefield 3, fable series, Fallout 3, red dead redemption, the orange box, portal 2, bioshock series, Mass effect series, bayonetta, "tales of" series, Borderlands, Left for dead series, dead rising series, Halo series, Rage, elder scrolls (don't bother getting IV, V is coming out in less than 2 weeks.), dragon age (first one has better story, second one has better mechanics)

Meh, most of these suggestions both play and look better on PC. I would definitely go with something console-exclusive (that is, if your PC is at most 4 years old). I saw someone up there suggest Bayonetta, and I have to wholly agree. Great, tongue-in-cheek story and characters, and the gameplay has some of the tightest controls on any console, it's like DMC, but with vastly superior gameplay.

I also second Dark Souls... it's pretty darn excellent.

Red Dead Redemption
    Not exactly new but so good...

Quote Originally Posted by Terranor View Post
    Red Dead Redemption
    Not exactly new but so good...
    new games don't equal good games. one of the best games of all time, legend of zelda: a link to the past. SNES classic that is still friggin AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neilsonlin View Post

No live ;(
    Definatly get skyrim if your into FPS BF3 and Cod Mw3