How are you dealing with prospected gems between now and 4.3

Normally I'd be crafting and disenchanting the junk gems to convert them to enchanting materials, cutting and selling the profitable rare gems, and vendoring the leftovers.

However, with the rumors of epic gem transmute patterns on the horizon, I'm considering holding on to everything I prospect in a guild bank until the materials requirement is announced. I think this is the safest way to go about it, and even if the epic transmutes end up scrapped the value of rare gems and enchanting materials has nowhere to go but up with a raid and three 5-mans launching.

Conversely, if there are no transmutes (which is likely considering how late in the game it is), and I have to cut and disenchant my stocked guild bank...that's going to take hours or days, potentially losing out on part of the huge patch Tuesday rush.

How are you handling this balancing act?

I'm just carrying on as normal, as if no patch was on the horizon (beyond stocking up on maelstrom crystals for the shatter recipe). I may stock up a little bit in the week or two prior to the patch, but beyond that I'm just carrying on like normal. I make enough gold that way.

I've seen little or no evidence they will be allowing transmutes initially - or if they do that they will be on a lengthy cooldown (3-7 days). Blizzard seems to be trying to restrict the number of epic gems flying around this time. So until then, I'm not going to worry too much. I'll be restocking my base supplies beforehand, but otherwise not going to pay epic gems much heed at first.

Deleted
    I'm still making ring/necks with the uncommons, transmuting carnelians to inferno rubies - and for now, I'm holding onto the uncommon gems, just until we have some confirmation on the transmute recipes, which can't be that far away now. I would like to think that we'd have at least a week, if not two's notice on the patch going live and have a good idea then if we can cut the gems ready for new-gear-madness or hold them back for transmute.

Time is getting on though and there's still no evidence of those datamined transmute recipes popping anywhere.

We dont really know if the transmutes are going to be in game yet, we dont have mats yet, which I would think would be out by now, and would like to point to black iron ore, since we thought that may be in 4.2 but never made it in game.