Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    I love how people consider having over 10 million subscribers a failure, or a dying MMO.

I can't name another MMO with even 25% of that amount.
    Nah not that.

LOSING 1.7mill or about 15% over nine months, or 6227 people a day, or 259 people a F'n hour! yeah that could be conceived as dying, OR not doing so good... Might be the economy and thanksgiving, and WoW being old and all too.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-11-09 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankie View Post
    BF3, MW3 and Skyrim - i really dont feel like playing for awhile.. Wont unsub tho.. and in my opinion 4.3 looks pretty boring.. Only the new heroics may make me go PvE mode for alittle while. Still found the DW encounter damn boring based on the PTR, but that's just my opinion.. (i wanted to tank Deathwing, not some hentai tentacles!)

And WoW will not die cuz of some sub loss =/
    No - but it sure is going to piss off some investors, and they're going to be the ones demanding Blizz fix their broke ass game, and Blizz will have to work under stress/duress to quickly fix what they broke while trying to make changes to attract new players...

...and it's those potential knee-jerk poor design decisions - THAT is what is going to potentially kill WoW. :P

they need to realize that saying there will be loads of raid content, and then having the first tier seem to show there will be, only to screw everyone on all the next tiers is a bad plan.

How would anyone argue that a game which more than 10 million people all over the world still play could ever be considered as 'dying' or 'failing'

You could argue that it's certainly not as 'popular' as before, but wow coming to an end because they lost some portions of their subscription? Hardly.

Blizzard can't possibly be able to keep up. The can't possibly read the "why are you leaving box." Let alone bring in 6.2k people a day to stop the bleeding.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeock View Post
    How would anyone argue that a game which more than 10 million people all over the world still play could ever be considered as 'dying' or 'failing'

You could argue that it's certainly not as 'popular' as before, but wow coming to an end because they lost some portions of their subscription? Hardly.
    look up about 3 posts.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-11-09 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No - but it sure is going to piss off some investors, and they're going to be the ones demanding Blizz fix their broke ass game, and Blizz will have to work under stress/duress to quickly fix what they broke while trying to make changes to attract new players...

...and it's those potential knee-jerk poor design decisions - THAT is what is going to potentially kill WoW. :P
    Investors are very far removed from Blizzard, and either way Blizzard will probably have record earnings (By a lot) next year with Diablo 3, HotS, and MoP.

Sub numbers are in free fall. Blizzard is panicking. They've never been in this situation before. They have no plan to stop the hemorrhaging of subs. You'll see a plethora of new expensive services, cash shop items, and contract-only bonuses in the next 12 months as Activision leans on Blizzard to try and push up revenue from WoW. This will happen because Blizzard fails to realize that the problem with the game is systemic. The developer's currently working on WoW have exhausted their reserves of creativity. The only way for Blizzard to save WoW is to completely reorganize the development team and this won't even be an option on the table until WoW is down to 3-5 million subscriptions.

WoW's worst days are still ahead of it.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Most of the lost subs happened in China.

Note that LoL came out in China only in the past few months, and that the next expac is very... asian themed...
    Yeah, but MoP is like a year and a half away in China....I doubt they'll be getting a bump from it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    Investors are very far removed from Blizzard, and either way Blizzard will probably have record earnings (By a lot) next year with Diablo 3, HotS, and MoP.
    They're one phone-call away. That phone call was today... and that call said nothing but losses from WoW and a promise for a better tomorrow.

...investors don't like to invest in promises of a better tomorrow when their current client is making mistakes today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Hey "Dude", I know a lot of people that are re-subin in 4.3 for the new content.

And I know 4 people that wont renew next sub because they think playing battlefield 3 is much more fun than logging in to wow, and they aren't excited at all about deathwing and LF raid =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    And I know 4 people that wont renew next sub because they think playing battlefield 3 is much more fun than logging in to wow, and they aren't excited at all about deathwing and LF raid =)
    C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!

...man I'm tired... think it's time for me to go to bed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Gold prices will skyrocket...

I'M KIDDING *sort of*
    I thought it was funny...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've come to a safe point to say that I don't care how WoW does anymore, I'm just glad to see that there is now evidence to say Cataclysm was an awful piece of trash expansion and Blizzard shouldn't do it again. Bad Blizzard. Bad. That was a no, no.

I also feel fueled by enough endless Skyrim propaganda to say that it will steal subscribers even though it has no subscription.

BESIDES YOUR SOUL.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    New DMF, final raid with the main antagonist of the expansion and 3 new heroics maybe?
    DMF one week a month and not very exciting rewards, final raid is same amount of bosses as usual and will be cleared just as fast, new heroics do nothing since we still have valor cap and if they put them in random queue as the other heroics it wont matter much + most of us are full 378 already. I'd say some people resub for a month and then leave. And if next x-pac is end of next year at best... well =)

15+ Year Old Account
    That drop actually surprised me. I really did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MephistoXVIII View Post
    I think I've come to a safe point to say that I don't care how WoW does anymore, I'm just glad to see that there is now evidence to say Cataclysm was an awful piece of trash expansion and Blizzard shouldn't do it again. Bad Blizzard. Bad. That was a no, no.

I also feel fueled by enough endless Skyrim propaganda to say that it will steal subscribers even though it has no subscription.

BESIDES YOUR SOUL.
    Was abou to comment on you saying "it has no subscription" until I saw the line below.

So true when it comes to Elder scrolls. ^_^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has more subscribers than the other top 5 combined. When MoP comes they will be back up +2mil.

You guys do realize that people un-sub to save money in between times when they play and don't play?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Sub numbers are in free fall. Blizzard is panicking. They've never been in this situation before. They have no plan to stop the hemorrhaging of subs. You'll see a plethora of new expensive services, cash shop items, and contract-only bonuses in the next 12 months as Activision leans on Blizzard to try and push up revenue from WoW. This will happen because Blizzard fails to realize that the problem with the game is systemic. The developer's currently working on WoW have exhausted their reserves of creativity. The only way for Blizzard to save WoW is to completely reorganize the development team and this won't even be an option on the table until WoW is down to 3-5 million subscriptions.

WoW's worst days are still ahead of it.
    You're right about a few things but wrong about why. WoW's content has been constantly getting better, I dont' see how people fail to see this. Furthermore, I've been noticing a constant trend with Blue posts lately. When they talk about "ideas" and "concepts" they often refer to technical limitations. I don't think the game developers are running out of ideas, I think they merely struggling to adopt them to an old game engine and tech that was never designed for some of the features WoW currently has. I think the game itself has become more fluid and playable over the years, but in order to make a huge jump a total revamp is going to be necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    WoW's slowly coming up again after 4.3. Not sure they fell flat on their face, but I mean, 800.000 people who quit playing is still a lot. MoP will most ikely attract more than people quit so I think the 11M. Won't be too hard to reach again. I'm not worried.
    Except the game go for a new target group, whatever they think it will be. If they can replace many veteran people not liking the direction of the game is just a wait and see. If the new target group fail to succeed in replacing the old ones the game will have a hard time recovering.

The Death of WoW....

D2 is still hugely played today.
    SC1 is still played, but SC2 might be getting most of the players, no idea here.

So how is wow dieing with such old games from blizzard still being played? :X

Anyway, as long as there is 10 people really wanting to play it and loving the game, it is all fine by me...