Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    In the bloodlust rotation chaos bolt and shadowburn are placed below incinerate in the priority list. Which basicly means that you will never cast them. Just remove the mfrom the list and put a note to remind people to skip them. The way it is written now can be confusing.-*
    That wouldn't be correct - Shadowburn is valid as a spell while moving, so a priority below incinerate is fine - however chaos bolt should be above incinerate, with the priviso of not having backdraft buff.

(Haven't actually played with simcraft to verify the actual ordering in 4.3, but based off what is said above).

In 4.3, Shadowburn should rank just above Soul Fire (Empowered Imp) in terms of priority. It now scales with Cataclysm (+25%) and Fiery Apocalypse (+1.35% per Mastery point).
    Last edited by Keldion; 2011-11-09 at 02:22 PM.

We spec for Mana Feed, and the mana back from Soul Leech makes Life Tapping a thing of the past, normally only Affliction actually life taps.
    Mana feed doesn't give you that much mana back unless your using a felguard or fel hunter. Also your imp can only crit off of his fireball since he has no auto attack. This cuts down on the number of mana feed procs.

Check your recount for mana gained, mana feed is a tremendous portion of our mana gains. That being said, I created a more thorough guide that can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    Typo under, Why 37% Haste?

"At this point is much better to go for HASTE/mastery because they still effect all spells."
    Think you meant to say crit/mastery.
    Fixed, thank you.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    In 4.3, Shadowburn should rank just above Soul Fire (Empowered Imp) in terms of priority. It now scales with Cataclysm (+25%) and Fiery Apocalypse (+1.35% per Mastery point).
    That is true, thank you. I forgot of the change to shadowburn.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 11:43 PM ----------

Edited for Bane of Havoc updates, including specific Firelands boss encounters, and updated typos, and updated for the beginnings of BiS set up.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:05 AM ----------

Finished Haste, Doomguard, added anchors and a Table of Contents.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

"Majordomo Staghelm N/H: Toss a Bane of Havoc on the Boss when he spawns the Flaming Kitties and dps them down."

Don't think you should use BoH at all. Just keep BoD on the boss.

Some wonky advice on stats and anyone advocating BoH on domo either has zero melee cleaves or has never done the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    "Majordomo Staghelm N/H: Toss a Bane of Havoc on the Boss when he spawns the Flaming Kitties and dps them down."

Don't think you should use BoH at all. Just keep BoD on the boss.
    Its all about play style. If you have enough damage to spread to the boss from the cats (such as incompetent melee) then its perfect to use BoH. A good BoH and 100% uptime of corruption and Immolate on the boss and then a semi-full time on the kitties is a dps increase than not swapping BoD for BoH, but that requires the cats be alive for more than 6-7 seconds, and with good melee, that won't happen.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Some wonky advice on stats and anyone advocating BoH on domo either has zero melee cleaves or has never done the fight.
    Its a recommendation, you don't have to, its just a time when you can use it. Stat advice is up to date with potential 4.3 gear and how the stats work. 37% haste is the theoretical number in which crit/mastery began to outweigh haste for me as destruction.

Have you ever DONE domo? We raid with 3-4 melee cleaves in our group and the adds die in 4-5 seconds on heroic. Putting Bane of Havoc on the boss is A) not worth the GCD and B) won't do more in the long run if you use it over Bane of Doom unless you're literally the only one dpsing the adds. And when you talk about swapping to BoH and then back to BoD...you lost me.[COLOR="red"]

[
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-11-10 at 01:37 AM.

Have you ever DONE domo? We raid with 3-4 melee cleaves in our group and the adds die in 4-5 seconds on heroic. Putting Bane of Havoc on the boss is A) not worth the GCD and B) won't do more in the long run if you use it over Bane of Doom unless you're literally the only one dpsing the adds. And when you talk about swapping to BoH and then back to BoD...you lost me.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:27 AM ----------

And why bother continuing to update your "guide" when we already have a superior one up that already has the things you're editing in?
    Well first of all, we have no one melee cleave, a ret paladin, secondly we also ran with a 0707 strat, our one ret paladin can't keep up towards the end and a few of us range spend about 8-9 seconds fully dpsing the kitties. 8-9 seconds of 20k dps = is almost 20k damage cleaved to the boss over 8/9 seconds, its a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Its all about play style. If you have enough damage to spread to the boss from the cats (such as incompetent melee) then its perfect to use BoH.
    The gcd time lost makes this not right - you lose dps on the clipped bane on domo, and two gcd's of lost dps while you go havoc on, havoc off miyagi style.
    If your melee were this bad - you can help them, but don't swap banes around to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Well first of all, we have no one melee cleave, a ret paladin, secondly we also ran with a 0707 strat, our one ret paladin can't keep up towards the end and a few of us range spend about 8-9 seconds fully dpsing the kitties. 8-9 seconds of 20k dps = is almost 20k damage cleaved to the boss over 8/9 seconds, its a dps increase.
    20k damage is not worth two global cooldowns, sorry. At best that's one Bane of Doom tick, and you'd be giving up 2 GCDs to do it when just leaving up BoD on the boss would yield the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    The gcd time lost makes this not right - you lose dps on the clipped bane on domo, and two gcd's of lost dps while you go havoc on, havoc off miyagi style.
    If your melee were this bad - you can help them, but don't swap banes around to do it.
    Like I said, its about play style, even with two GCDs (and there's a chance you didn't clip your bane it might have just fallen off) its still a dps increase potentially but only if you are certain on damage. Some people like to pad charts, this is a way to do so if done right. Some fights that I did as destro I had done more damage to the kitties than the melee had done and I had almost 200k cleaved to the boss (I was on kitties the entire time) and DrDamage had bane of doom at just under 150k damage (with the buff) so for me, personally, I did more damage with Havoc. Its really up to you and how you want to do it..

edit: that was just during one 07 phase, not the entire encounter.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:41 AM ----------

20k damage is not worth two global cooldowns, sorry. At best that's one Bane of Doom tick, and you'd be giving up 2 GCDs to do it when just leaving up BoD on the boss would yield the same results.
    The number was just a number I threw out to show the significance of the damage. Personally, I've noticed an increase, if you "disagree" then that's fine.

Explain to me how two GCDs is worth 20k damage and I'll acknowledge that you aren't talking out of your ass. If you have more damage done to the cats than melee you're raiding with a bunch of retards. You are literally the first person I have ever seen or heard advocate BoH on majordomo so you must be some sort of prodigy if you can come up with the mathematically impossible proof to these claims. At the very least post some logs so we can analyze your bane of havoc damage in each phase.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:46 AM ----------

Also, how come you recommend giving DI to people who are underperforming to bring them up to closer to where they should be. That makes zero sense, that's like giving your worst caster the first legendary so that they can be more competitive.

Explain to me how two GCDs is worth 20k damage and I'll acknowledge that you aren't talking out of your ass. If you have more damage done to the cats than melee you're raiding with a bunch of retards. You are literally the first person I have ever seen or heard advocate BoH on majordomo so you must be some sort of prodigy if you can come up with the mathematically impossible proof to these claims. At the very least post some logs so we can analyze your bane of havoc damage in each phase.
    Sadly I don't have logs, though I can show you the math.

For the time I was referencing is about 15 seconds left from when you're going to force him into scorpion, during this time you can leave an entire tick of bane of doom (or more if you have a few nice procs, such as your imp's soul fire) in 10 seconds instead of 15 seconds. This increase in damage for that shorter duration makes up for the GCD you lose and then some, making it a dps increase. Sure its really situational and I didn't say it was phenomenal, but the increase is there and I've been able to throw it in almost every time I've done the encounter. And yes, the melee I run with are a bunch of retards, I have to pick up their slack.

Is this 10 or 25 man? Are your melee losing their concentration for whatever reason? I'm assuming this is on heroic, yes?

Is this 10 or 25 man? Are your melee losing their concentration for whatever reason? I'm assuming this is on heroic, yes?
    Yeah its on heroic and its 10 man. Our melee is actually our off-tank who does not have like... any dps gear. A lot of our ranged would swap at the end to finish the cats but as of late I've just done it, it gives me a reason to go destruction.

Also last time I checked, frost mages were NOT the best people to give DI to. You also mention resto shammies but not resto druids? Simcraft improperly models frost mages by the way when it comes to DI uptime, similar to arcane mages. Common sense confirms this.

Also last time I checked, frost mages were NOT the best people to give DI to. You also mention resto shammies but not resto druids? Simcraft improperly models frost mages by the way when it comes to DI uptime, similar to arcane mages. Common sense confirms this.
    First of all, I have resto druids up there, right beside shadow priests.

And second of all, frost mages stack crit till 33% (finger of frost gives them the other 66%) and use frostfire bolt with 3 stacks at 100% uptime, 33% crit = 1 crit every 3rd tick in addition to running with ignite means that Frost Mages can grant a very heavy uptime. You seem to keep trying to pick apart this guide and insult me every chance you get, I don't quite get why you're trying to but its kinda rude. I ran with a frost mage earlier this tier that was able to hold it up very nicely, not as good as a fire mage or a shadow priest or boomkin, but it was much better than a holy priest or resto shaman.

I'm just frustrated that as soon as I update my guide miraculously all the shit guides get updates that nearly mirror it. Useless. CLEARLY we need 3 guides going when two are just mimicking one as soon as changes are made.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-11-10 at 02:42 AM.