Deleted

Need help with tukUI.

Hello!

First a little bit of background story. I've been a hybrid clicker and keybinder for pretty much as long as I've been playing this game for. I never thought it mattered much but since I'm actually in a raiding guild and all I know not being able to strafe and attack at the same time is hurting my DPS. It's not like my DPS is bad, infact I'm one of the top few in the raid. But...I know I can do better. That aside, I'm also a bit ashamed to admit it.

I'm now switching mains (which I still need to level mind you) for the next patch so I figured this would be the best time to get used to keybinding everything and getting a custom UI. The UI I fell in love with is tukUI but I can't for my life find any decent English guides or even open a basic configuration window. there are a few things I want to change but don't know how to, any help or even a link to a non-German guide would be highly appreciated.

Here is a picture of my UI at the moment.

The things I need help with are as follows,

In red, how can I decide how many rows I want and change or put abilities there? Also, how can I remove the red block at the right side of the screen? Is there also a way to show little letters on the icons so I know what it's bound to? Since I'm still getting used to binding absolutely everything it would help me out for now.

In blue (look at the arrow), there used to be a neat little bar from the Blizzard UI there I could click to open my bags, character sheet, guild, dungeon finder etc. Any way to bring that back or can I somehow move those buttons in the red blocks?

In yellow, what the hell is that? I can't find anything that matches the random timer. It's not my Deadly Poison on the target, it's not my weapon attack swing timer, it's absolutely nothing. Anyone able to help me out?
    EDIT:
    Actually I'm a complete idiot. It's my Slice and Dice timer. Ignore the yellow block!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-04 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    The bar at the bottom can only have two rows (you can hide one of them but you can't add more) but to put abilities on the second row you only need to drag them onto the empty slots. To hide the action bars on the right-hand side, move your cursor to the edge of the screen and you'll see an arrow pointing right. Click it and the action bar will disappear.

If you've keybound a particular slot, the keybinding for it should appear at the top-right of the icon.

Not sure if there's a way to get the default interface UI icons back, I was wondering that myself but couldn't see an option for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to red: You're given options for customizing how you want your hotbars setup. Use /tukui to open up the configuration menu. Note that applying settings will reload the UI to save those settings, so make sure you aren't fiddling with them in combat. I currently use a single bar on the right side of the screen for clickables, and the equivalent of four bars on the bottom (arranged in two double-wide rows.) You can "close" the sidebars (they're still functional but will no longer be visible) by hovering around the edges and clicking the green > button that appears. You can do this with the bottom bars as well.

In regards to blue: Nope, not that I've noticed. If you're asking about the menu bar that allowed access to things like Help Request and whatever, middle-clicking the minimap will pull up a drop-down menu with those options available. For reference, left-clicking the clock will pull up your calendar as well, while right-clicking pulls up the alarm clock function. The bottom right (and bottom left, actually) status bar can be configured through the /tukui GUI to display various kinds of information - framerate, memory usage, DPS or HPS, various Battleground stats, etc. And gold, durability, bags, etc, too.

In yellow: No idea. That isn't in my TukUI so either it's something you've added or mine is out of date.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the help guys. I managed to clean the UI up thanks to you two, and used Bartender to work around the 'blue' part of the problem. With Bartender I could just add the same Blizzard UI's bar back on the screen as well as add my bag button I can't live without.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 10:51 AM ----------

Righto a new problem came up. Or two in fact, but only one is serious enough that it needs fixing. Whenever I join a group the frames of my group members appear on the right side in a really neat and organized way. Nice and all, but I can't read the names or see who is healing/tanking whenever I join a random dungeon. I also can't see the debuffs which I need to see during encounters like Baleroc for example. Any way to remove those frames altogether? I have no problems using Grid but I can't remove the frames from TukUI itself.

Also when items drop in random dungeons I find it very hard to see what dropped as well as where the need, greed, disenchant etc buttons are. Any way to get the old blizzard window back?

/tukui isn't working. Neither is any other form of capital letters or spaces of it.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2011-11-04 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Bovan: Interesting that /tukui isn't working for you. I think there's a separate addon for the options GUI that you may need to enable in addons for this to work. As for the positions of things, try /moveui. That should allow you to move the loot window at least. I also use TukUI in conjunction with Shadowed Unit Frames; seems to work brilliantly for parties and everything is easily accessible and simple to move as required.

If /tukui and /uihelp aren't working, make sure you've downloaded/installed "TukUI Config". That's the in-game GUI settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    If /tukui and /uihelp aren't working, make sure you've downloaded/installed "TukUI Config". That's the in-game GUI settings.
    Yup.

I also strongly recommend you delete your WTF folders and maybe just go with a fresh install of your Addons folder, too. It's something you should do whenever you're completely changing UIs, or using a new UI suite, to prevent any possible problems. I've never had problems getting Tukui up and running in less than five minutes with fresh WTF and Addons folders.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

If you like the general feel of tukui, you should give ElvUI a shot. It's a remixed tukui that has a slightly different color scheme, but it's MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to configure. All of the settings are done in-game, its able to scale on low resolutions, and it auto configures everything the first time you log in with it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you like the general feel of tukui, you should give ElvUI a shot. It's a remixed tukui that has a slightly different color scheme, but it's MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to configure. All of the settings are done in-game, its able to scale on low resolutions, and it auto configures everything the first time you log in with it.
    Yep I use ElvUI too. While I had no problem with the older Tukui's (I don't think it requires this anymore..?) .lua editing, since it was simple and already set up for you, I have only needed to go into ElvUI's .lua files ONCE the entire time I have used it. And that was just to add Combat rogues' Shallow/Moderate/Deep insight buffs to my class bars.

That isn't in my TukUI so either it's something you've added or mine is out of date.