Page 43 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't play atm , won't login even though server is supposedely Online. Guess only trying this tomorrow night.

Just did the tutorial and got to mess around with all my suit.

Oh... my god. The new suits are crazy. They aren't just recolors of the main suits.
    And yes. They are unique. o_O MAH BRAIN

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:12 PM ----------

Also... This game is far less soloable now...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I don't particularly like that...maybe we need to build an army now.
    BAD WOLF

Alright, so...

After battling for a Sin connection to the frame garage

I can say this much:
    You can increase your suits max power / mass / cpu
    I don't see reactors anymore. Which means there is vertical progression within each suit.

Which is interesting because the devs specifically talked about how you can get new reactors. So, I think that they were even not on the same page. It will be interesting to see what happens with that.

Everything else I said about mass, power, and cores is accurate tho (we think (like 99% sure)... Crafting is also having issues with the sin connection)

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so...

After battling for a Sin connection to the frame garage

I can say this much:
    You can increase your suits max power / mass / cpu
    I don't see reactors anymore. Which means there is vertical progression within each suit.

Which is interesting because the devs specifically talked about how you can get new reactors. So, I think that they were even not on the same page. It will be interesting to see what happens with that.

Everything else I said about mass, power, and cores is accurate tho (we think (like 99% sure)... Crafting is also having issues with the sin connection)
    I guarantee the latest poll overwhelmingly favored stat progression. It was a very in depth survey and had a lot of questions to indicate how progression, pve content, and crafting needed to be handled. Im' betting they pegged their market slightly off and now they are readjusting.

It makes me happy to hear it.
    BAD WOLF

Alright, reading some stuff in twitch discussion I thought I should relay.
    New raid boss, underground cave system, squad missions, and people love the new ares missions.
    All this is unconfirmed (barely have had time to play between stuff and packing)

Deleted
    hopefully the founders bike bug is fixed and i can use it 24/7

30 new events.

(watching podcast http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios )

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    hopefully the founders bike bug is fixed and i can use it 24/7
    It's in the patch notes

OH WOW.

THE MELDING CAN NOW MOVE INTO THE CURRENT ZONES.

(and then you have to push them back)

IE: we can lose thumpdump

I'd like to see how that will play out and whether or not it is tied to player population. I regularly will pop on in the morning before work to muck around for half an hour or so. Would be a little annoying if the melding has shifted overnight just because most people are asleep and not actively pushing it back. If it's random and not too frequent, then it's a very nice addition.

This patch looks exciting. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did the tutorial and got to mess around with all my suit.

Oh... my god. The new suits are crazy. They aren't just recolors of the main suits.
    And yes. They are unique. o_O MAH BRAIN

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:12 PM ----------

Suits: I neeeed to seeee them. Particularly Recon ones, and Recluse Biotech.
    Soloing: But is that because stuff is stronger or we are "weaker"? Either way i dont like it.

I tried the beta maybe a month ago and I really liked the concept of the game it seemed really cool but it felt like there wasn't really much to do in the game besides dig with some machine. Is there more to do now from the last time I played it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I tried the beta maybe a month ago and I really liked the concept of the game it seemed really cool but it felt like there wasn't really much to do in the game besides dig with some machine. Is there more to do now from the last time I played it?
    Sure seems like it, but won't be able to see for myself until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Soloing: But is that because stuff is stronger or we are "weaker"? Either way i dont like it.
    Nighthawk went from "meh" to one of my favorite frames. The charge speed on the bolt rifle is faster than the rate of fire. Downside? small clip. I am hoping to craft a better clip size.
    Recluse is over the top awesome. It's like, you fire super slow but each hit is a mac truck. SKILL SHOTZ

As to the soloing...
    The ai is vastly improved. Juggs don't derp out at close range anymore. They mess you up hard. Assaults (now called shock troopers) aren't terribly strong but they summon crazy adds. The engineers really make snipers important because snipers can hit through their aoe shield drones.

But the chosen snipers. Okay... I love that they are in the game... but they will mess you up.
    Like 1000 dmg a headshot.
    In order to kill them you have to get close enough that they switch to their smg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nighthawk went from "meh" to one of my favorite frames. The charge speed on the bolt rifle is faster than the rate of fire. Downside? small clip. I am hoping to craft a better clip size.
    Recluse is over the top awesome. It's like, you fire super slow but each hit is a mac truck. SKILL SHOTZ

As to the soloing...
    The ai is vastly improved. Juggs don't derp out at close range anymore. They mess you up hard. Assaults (now called shock troopers) aren't terribly strong but they summon crazy adds. The engineers really make snipers important because snipers can hit through their aoe shield drones.

But the chosen snipers. Okay... I love that they are in the game... but they will mess you up.
    Like 1000 dmg a headshot.
    In order to kill them you have to get close enough that they switch to their smg.
    Ah i thought you meant the whole game. So its just the Chosen then? Well they said that they were improving the AI on then in the patch notes i think. To be expected. Does the Recluse frame really carry a crossbow? cause that would be awesome, love crossbows xD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they have a crossbow and the thing does some impressive damage.

-------------------------------
    Experiences so far:

CHOSEN:
    Juggernauts will mess you up pretty bad. No better way of putting it.

Shock troopers dont hit as hard but they have good tracking and accuracy so they will definitely do some damge if you arent paying attention.

Engineers throw out flying drones that do a variety of different effects. I've run into:
    ...aoe white phosphorus bomb....wide area low damage but causes visuals tk be messed up for a second.
    ...kamikaze style high damge small aoe bomb.
    ....regular shooting at you.
    ....charging at you and doing impact damage.

That is not to mention them shielding other chosen and shooting at you as well.

Snipers....are assholes . They will run into a battle snipe someone and then run out again. If they hit you its gonna hurt. If you go to close the gap on them they will kite you. They also lay down a void field that spawns undead type mobs that will crowd you and do melee damage.

MISSIONS:
    I highly recommend to anyone to try the AERES missions. They are basically open world dungeons that you can do with another person. Seems to be a wide variety of them and they vary in difficulty. They also seem to spawn at random.

Feels like a different game in a lot of ways. Lots more challenge without being stupid (like back when juggs could mortor you with no LOS. I'm pretty much having to relearn the game from scratch.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    You can still solo a fair amount of whats out there. Its just not as easy as before. Also because there is verticle progression now some things get easier to solo once you've put some xp points into your frames (i.e. +power/damage reduction and +damage output). Thumpers are pretty much where they are suppose to be...solo thumpers can be solo'd but there is no more soloing improved thumpers or getting advanced thumpers to 50%+...you actually need the number of people it suggests.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Yes, a lot more.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2013-03-23 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big negative, noticed I can only craft one thing at a time now. Huge P.I.T.A considering I have a bajillion beta crystite to make.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so lost now it isn't even funny.

The crafting isn't working right now. I lost all my ore (I'm aware it was a change, it's still a negative). Nothing to spend my exp on, yet I still have my frames. A bunch of abilities I've no clue what they do because they're changed, don't seem to do anything, or won't even activate half the time. I really hope they get this sorted out, I hadn't played in several months because there wasn't anything new to do, It doesn't seem to be any better. It's still laggy as can be also.