Intellect changes

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was going to be Intellect changes in 4.3; such as Intellect not increasing your mana pool. Has anyone else read this and if so, what do you think of this? What will increase our mana pool then for holy pally?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats not in 4.3 but 5.0.

Deleted
    We don't know any other mechanics that are tied to this yet, maybe spell costs will drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    What will increase our mana pool then for holy pally?
    The whole idea is that the size of the mana pool won't be increased anymore. You'll be able to cast more spells by stacking up regen (aka spirit).

In future intellect is to be considered as a throughput stat, similar to what haste/crit/mastery are as of today. I think this is a good change.

But how will I tell if that paladin is holy or prot/ret?! :[

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    But how will I tell if that paladin is holy or prot/ret?! :[
    I think they will still have higher mana pools anyway as they follow the holy spec. That's just an assumption.

Think of it like having 40k mana in comparison to prot/ret having 6k. Rather than 150k to the 26k prot/ret gets.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lushiris View Post
    I think they will still have higher mana pools anyway as they follow the holy spec. That's just an assumption.

Think of it like having 40k mana in comparison to prot/ret having 6k. Rather than 150k to the 26k prot/ret gets.
    Exactly. It'll be a passive mana boost if you pick Holy as your talent tree.

most likely some sort of passive buff