Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosemon View Post
    Nowhere in anything in the game does it say that Warlocks are the DoT class, we just think of them as that, so really, they can do whatever, just has to be evil and demonic. Thus Destro, fire and and chaos(bolt).
    Minus the description of them on the character create screen that specifically says "Emphasis on curses, drains, and damage-over-time spells".

Like he said, not THE dot class, but >A< dot class. Warlock and Spriest are literally the only two classes in the game that I hear and instantly think "DOTS. YEP, DOTS. THEY USE THOSE A LOT."
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Icy touch and Devouring plague say hi to moonfire.

Immolate has a cast time direct damage and a dot, it is unique in that sense.
    Pyroblast and Frostfire bolt comes to mind. I'm sure there are others.

Pre Cata fireball also.
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2011-11-16 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

If it ain't broken don't fix it. destro doesn't need it's own dots, and making them shadowfire/fire damage would put an obscene on mastery unless they nerfed mastery with the change, and at that point the purely aesthetic change would be worth no where near the consequential effort it would require.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    If it ain't broken don't fix it. destro doesn't need it's own dots, and making them shadowfire/fire damage would put an obscene on mastery unless they nerfed mastery with the change, and at that point the purely aesthetic change would be worth no where near the consequential effort it would require.
    True on mastery yes. Every change has consequences and besides it's not our job to think
    of a means to balance the game for every proposed idea . Well dots not benefiting from my spec while
    they benefit from the other 2, well I kinda consider that broken. But that's my opinion .

And think of this:
    How many usable (i.e. DPET qualified) shadow dots are there in our class and how many fire ones. So for instance
    if you had a fast ticking but not as heavy hitting fire dot maybe just maybe, even affliction might use it on adds etc
    while it would be the destro's primary choice due to spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidis View Post
    You are correct on all aspects but as you see the cross-tree thing is a bit confined.
    For instance shadowbolt, yes a destro spell, ending up to be affliction's filler and totally useless for destro,
    so if they elaborate a bit more on the matter maybe it''ll get to where it should be. I sincerely hope
    the new spec system does that.
    Which brings me back to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why do people want to turn Warlocks into Mages by having each tree focus on a specific school? We need more cross-tree spell usage, not less.
    I'd love to see Affliction use a bit of fire beyond just Shadowflame and Fel Flame.

I am not so sure that it would need to be nerfed. Our mastery would still be such a low number per point combine that with our pets not being affected it is doubtful that it would be "obscene". All that would do would be to buff our damage a bit more and further place mastery ahead of crit. You know so we can stop stacking almost completely haste/hit like we have been before mastery showed up... such a useful and interesting stat that was to add to the game.
    Last edited by Obsidian9; 2011-11-16 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Less rudeness on my part its uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian9 View Post
    I am not so sure that it would need to be nerfed. Our mastery would still be such a low number per point combine that with our pets not being affected it is doubtful that it would be "obscene". All that would do would be to buff our damage a bit more and further place mastery ahead of crit. You know so we can stop stacking almost completely haste/hit like we have been before mastery showed up... such a useful and interesting stat that was to add to the game.
    For me, for example, before I got VPLC, mastery was only a few tenths of a percent behind haste. Having it affect an extra 10-15% of our dps would indeed make it our best stat under almost any circumstance. I don't see the need for a separate set of dots just so one warlock spec doesn't have to use any shadow spells at all.

Deleted
    burning embers says hi

For me, for example, before I got VPLC, mastery was only a few tenths of a percent behind haste. Having it affect an extra 10-15% of our dps would indeed make it our best stat under almost any circumstance. I don't see the need for a separate set of dots just so one warlock spec doesn't have to use any shadow spells at all.
    Last time I ran simcraft for my character mastery was still below crit and haste was low just after hitting a immolate tick, but if thats what your stats were then perhaps you are right in terms of mastery.

As for the dots, that would have always been more hassle than it was worth, and as you said there was not much need.

While the new spec system will open up the possibility for more spec-unique abilities, you have to question if there is really a need for them.
    The shared usage of a dot or other ability between specs could be more for its features or advantages.
    Bane of Doom is a better dps than Agony on a single target, but only if that target will live long enough.
    Consider them like Curses, which aside from Exhaustion is down to the utility or situation where the choice is determined, independant of spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why do people want to turn Warlocks into Mages by having each tree focus on a specific school? We need more cross-tree spell usage, not less.
    Warlocks are more than a combination of shadow and felflame. For every spec to put heavy emphasis on usage of both shadow and felflame would make the very concept stale and dull. Spec itself is short for specialization, which by definition is: the act of being restricted to some specific, or the act of becoming specialized. Destruction is focused on upfront damage via the volatile nature of fire, be it fel or otherwise.
    Warlocks are also iconized as those who have taken the shorter path of dominating the power of demons to use it as their own, and to employ the services of demons. Mages study and attempt to manipulate free flowing arcane energies about them. Mechanics wise, in all warlock specs, there is a ramp up time, where some form of corruption (not referring to the spell), be it a bane, the spell corruption or immolation on the target, has to be utilized first in order to begin causing havoc. From a flavor standpoint it just reinforces the fact that the warlock class attempts to work more subtlety at their core. Even with a destruction warlock, when a target is first hit by immolate, they don't immediately panic. They may be aware that a conflag is coming their way, but that isn't guaranteed.

Where as with a mage, they are all about big flashy effects and methods that snap to gain your attention off the bat, and then the fallout helps keep them going. In a race mages in comparison to warlocks are sprinting at the start, and slowing way down in between. In the meantime, warlocks start off a bit slower, and quickly build up and keep going, then go all out in the end.

Putting a focus on a certain school doesn't seem uncharacteristic of a warlock, how the school is utilized is an entirely different question. If one advocates for the removal of immolate, our other debuff options, and to steer away from life tap usage, then yes I'd call that steering into the direction of the mage. Until that point, I wouldn't go so far as to claim people in this thread want to turn the destro spec into a mage spec, they simply want to put a higher focus on their flames and see bigger crit numbers. That is what destro has always been traditionally about, so that isn't a problem in the slightest.

Don't felt like opening a new Thread but thought that I I would like to share this.

Had an Idea which could make Destro feel less clunky:

"Soulfire now also benefits from Backdraft."

30% reduced Castspeed to SF would make the whole thing a lot smoother, what are you thinking?

Deleted
    I think it's too late for 4.3 and ISF is gone in MoP so...

LOL post gone...baaad editor..anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think it's too late for 4.3 and ISF is gone in MoP so...
    True that!