Thread: Ferals in DS

10+ Year Old Account

Ferals in DS

Been looking at the videos of the new fights in DS. Although fun from what I can see some of the fights look like its going to be a mangle fest OR alot of sweet spot hunting so we can shred. Zonozz and Ultraxion appear to be no problem, what about the other fights?

Ive tested everything on the PTR on normal mode currently and these are my current observations

Shred Friendly
    Morchok
    Zonozz
    Yorsahj
    Hagara
    Blackhorn

I was tanking on Ultraxion so cant comment there was supposed to be a buff on ultraxion which allowed positional attacks to function from the front right?

Spine you should be fine for Shredding the amalgamation ofc I cant remember about the tendons specifically.

Madness of deathwing was a bit indifferent depending on which platform you were on. I remember Alexstraza and I think Kalecgos platforms shred being viable but I think Ysera and Nozdormu I couldnt find the sweet spot and was forced into mangling

Ultraxion is full mangle spam fight, but with glyph of bloodletting won't be so bad as it would be, want to check differnce on it with glyph of mangle,
    Madness of Deathy seems again mangle spam
    Spine of Deathy should be fun mangle+shred+swipe
    On other nothing really worry about

Seen any big difference with the AP buff in 4.3?

Deleted
    even if they are mangle fests with update to glyph of shred (now glyph of bloodletting) it wont make a blind bit of difference to our rotation. Mangle will add 3 secs to rip as well as shred

10+ Year Old Account
    for ultraxiaon they made it so you can shred from the front. for a bit of the fights im hoping kitty leap puts me in a good spot and not make me fall off the world or put me LITERALLY behind the boss in the lava pool like rag D:

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    or put me LITERALLY behind the boss in the lava pool like rag D:
    Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    for ultraxiaon they made it so you can shred from the front. for a bit of the fights im hoping kitty leap puts me in a good spot and not make me fall off the world or put me LITERALLY behind the boss in the lava pool like rag D:
    They broke that when they fixed killing spree. They'll likely revert it back to where we can indeed shred from the front again since I can't see it being intended, but you never know

With 8% hit and 26 expertise will Shred still miss from the front due to boss parry?
    Last edited by palthis; 2011-11-09 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Clarified

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutedruid View Post
    They broke that when they fixed killing spree. They'll likely revert it back to where we can indeed shred from the front again since I can't see it being intended, but you never know
    The most recent blue post suggests they're not planning on reverting it (the text about shredding got removed from the dungeon journal as well).

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    With 8% hit and 26 expertise will Shred still miss from the front due to boss parry?
    If you're referring to Ultraxion, he cannot parry. If he could the fight would VERY heavily favor ranged DPS especially on heroic if the gearcheck is high enough.

On all other fights where a boss is meleeing you can be sure if you're forced to attack from the front you will get parried every so often, however with 8% hit you will not miss. As I've yet to get there I'd like some confirmation on Madness of DW. As you're just attacking his limbs, I think I'm pretty safe to say you won't get parried, but hey, odder things have happened.

Edit: I'm of course referring to once you're actually on the limbs after the other adds on each platform are dead respectively.

Can anyone comment on Swipe on the PTR? I'm curious about how bad the nerf is in practice.

Yea, any word if its a flat 50% nerf? Could some check average numbers on PTR to live maybe? Just hit that dummy or some for a few min's if you bother <3

Deleted
    50% nerf? what are you smoking

Swipe got reduced from 600% weapon damage to 525% weapon damage, and attackpower got buffed by 10%. So in total it's less than a 4% reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    even if they are mangle fests with update to glyph of shred (now glyph of bloodletting) it wont make a blind bit of difference to our rotation. Mangle will add 3 secs to rip as well as shred
    5 less energy to play with at the cose of 10k damage we will loose 4k dps but that comes with the territory of being feral dps.