Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got an E-mail from Curse about "Curse Global Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Key Giveaway!‏". Mind me, I live in Australia which is a Red Zone. So for giggles, I click on it, and what i see is Global is contains only US and EU citizens. (I used Proxy to claim my beta key which I am not planning to use it at this moment) What boggles my mind is, Global. Since when Curse put "Global" on that E-mail, and why? Is bioware's retardation is contagious or what? I'm pretty sure global means US,EU,Asia,Oceanic,South America, and so on. Curse really needs to correct their meaning of "Global". I just do not understand, is my knowledge of "global" is at wrong here? Is Oceanic is not on this globe? Did curse and Bioware went to school at all (regarding to Geography).

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    175.000 keys... I can think of 2 reasons for spreading beta keys all over:

1. They're either conducting a stress test on their servers
    2. They're kind of getting desperate

edit: also, in before the QQs about Transmogrification costs!

edit2: can someone beat up some curse coders and have them accept the comments properly (ie: formatting, line breaks etc.)?
    I just wish Curse did not had to put "Global" on their E-mail Subject, it really confuses the non US,EU citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    I got an E-mail from Curse about "Curse Global Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Key Giveaway!‏". Mind me, I live in Australia which is a Red Zone. So for giggles, I click on it, and what i see is Global is contains only US and EU citizens. (I used Proxy to claim my beta key which I am not planning to use it at this moment) What boggles my mind is, Global. Since when Curse put "Global" on that E-mail, and why? Is bioware's retardation is contagious or what? I'm pretty sure global means US,EU,Asia,Oceanic,South America, and so on. Curse really needs to correct their meaning of "Global". I just do not understand, is my knowledge of "global" is at wrong here? Is Oceanic is not on this globe? Did curse and Bioware went to school at all (regarding to Geography).

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 06:54 AM ----------

I just wish Curse did not had to put "Global" on their E-mail Subject, it really confuses the non US,EU citizens.
    Check with Zam or Massively, these keys aren't a curse-only thing regardless of the complete lack of information posted here that isn't related to the local overlords
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlol View Post
    Stop calling other noob, then you clearly dont know much about combat spec.
    The proc immediately granting 5 combo points and cause your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec. With Restless Blades that is 10 sec of you Adrenaline Rush and Killing Spree each finish move. So with like 45-60sec icd/proc rate, its like 60 sec less cd each minute.
    I'd imagine he knows how to play a rogue, considering his gear.

And while it is really nice for combat in the form of restless blades, combat no longer has ARP, so evis hits like a wet noodle, whereas envenom completely ignores armor. And besides, I'm sure they'll balance it between the specs.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by xStrike View Post
    It takes just a few hours to level to 85, so I'm confused with your logic here.
    It takes 5 or 6 days playing casually to go 1 to 85 for most people. 120-144 hours may seem like not a lot of time to you, but to the average person that is a pretty significant investment to be playing a videogame. The "hardcore" gamer can probably do that in less time with full heirlooms and straight questing, but you have to keep in mind that to be at that level of play, that requires a much greater time investment to begin with.

That said, I played TOR this weekend and I was extremely impressed with it. It's not WoW, and I love the fact. From my initial impressions, it strikes me as a much more casual MMO. There is a good chance that TOR will not cater to WoW's hardcore demographic, and I couldn't be happier. The players that would skip the cinematics and ignore dialogue for the sake of "leveling efficiently" will not enjoy this game. WoW's player community - especially on their own forums - is notorious for being one of the whiniest, self-entitled, elitist demographics in the history of the industry and most if not all of that stems from the "hardcore" playerbase. I have my fingers crossed that TOR will drive them away (which in reality, it would be pretty generous to say that the "hardcore" players make up even 5% of the total playerbase) so the rest of us can bro it up.

You can't look at TOR like a typical MMO. It's a glorified Knights of the Old Republic game - especially from what I've played - and it doesn't take long before the first starting area's story ropes you in. I remember infiltrating Korriban in KOTOR and pretending to be apart of the Sith Academy and thinking to myself "Man, this is pretty damn cool rising through the ranks and dealing with backstabbing students." and being disappointed that the Korriban segment was only a few hours long. I remember thinking "damn, wouldnt it be cool if they made a Sith game like this", and imagine my delight when I first started playing the Sith Warrior's story. Same thing with the Smuggler. A whole KOTOR based on being a sarcastic, gun-touting smuggler. That shit is awesome. They're literally KOTOR games except without the whole "you have to save the universe you are the chosen one" hero's journey, you're a regular dude trying to distinguish yourself. And you get a whole story. A co-op KOTOR with having the added bonus of endgame/pvp/raiding/whatever after you kill your story's Big Bad and the game would normally be over.

The lack of auto attack, the sound effects, and the different animations for attacking (you even dynamically block enemy's attacks automatically like in KOTOR1/2) and mob ragdolls made the combat feel engaging and a lot more exciting than WoW's "1112 1112 3211 1112" whack-a-mole where every animation is the same one each time and characters don't even look like they're fighting each other. And by Level 6 I was already involved in backstabbing and betraying bitches and conspiracy as my Sith Warrior, and I forgot that I was even playing an MMO at a few points, and was only reminded by it when I saw other players in the same area.

I've rambled on about this game enough, but I've been so thoroughly impressed with it. It's not WoW, and that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delex2002 View Post
    Snip
    NOOOOOO STORY SOILERS!! (must unread) plus i'm sure that breaks the NDA.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    NOOOOOO STORY SOILERS!! (must unread) plus i'm sure that breaks the NDA.
    You're surprised that there's betrayal and backstabbing in the Sith storyline? I guess I better not tell you that the Jedi Knight's story deals with learning the ways of the Jedi, heaven forbid.

Going to let the guinea pigs test it out for awhile.

The size of that minecraft stormwind looks really good, much more appealing and realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Mexico for the weekend. The fact that you check my IP makes me very sad. You're just like Expedia, sending me to Expedia.com.mx all the time, damn you.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Hey, just a quick question about the MC version of WoW:I helped build the world version of Naxx - the outside - about a month ago, on a server belonging to Wartywarlock, but since he's been away and I haven't had access to any of the project, which I wanted to help with. Is it still open for me to help or not? If so, could you please send me a message with server details/rules etc? Thanks very much!

Such bullshit that Australian players can't win beta keys from curse!

I'm glad I signed up for testing over a year ago and get one anyway, but now my brother can't .

thank you curse-mmo-champion for the key

Deleted
    anyone else not able to redeem the swtor beta key from curse? I am getting the following message: By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following: Message not found

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenblow View Post
    anyone else not able to redeem the swtor beta key from curse? I am getting the following message: By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following: Message not found
    You have redeemed the key, the message is just bugged. Check your list of redeemed codes, you'll see you're in for Beta Event 1 - which is the first stress test.

OH MY GOD~!Australians not allowed to get any of the Beta Keys

Jesus, another ptr build? Just release the sodding thing already! I bet theyve lost another 300k subs since the last announcement due to lack of content and them fannying about with new ptr builds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    You have redeemed the key, the message is just bugged. Check your list of redeemed codes, you'll see you're in for Beta Event 1 - which is the first stress test.

yeah i checked and on the 3rd -4th check it showed I was in first stress test So I guess I wait for an email from bioware before I can download the client and check out the ptr?

I don't understand? No beta key is appearing. I've clicked "Grab Your Key" several times and nothing has happened except a page refresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    I don't understand? No beta key is appearing. I've clicked "Grab Your Key" several times and nothing has happened except a page refresh.
    I had the same problem until I checked my Curse account settings and found that I had "Allow Curse to Send Email" unchecked. It could also be a browser addon interfering.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuuoo View Post
    They're doing a stress test.
    Really? What was the giveaway? The comments on the FIRST page maybe?