Thread: Dream Daddy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dream Daddy

surprised nobody made a thread about this one yet.

Been playing this for a few days now, and its pretty fun, well thought out, and the artwork is nicely animated.

True its probably only aimed at Dilf lovers, or people into dad characters, but the guys behind it put some work into this as an interactive novel based adventure, and so far its been a lot of fun.

Also it was created, voiced, and drawn by the game grumps, some surprise there but its explains the brand of humor in it.
    #boycottchina

I am definitely not the target audience for this game, but glad to see that its target audience is getting something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder, do straight people get quality western-style eroge like gay people do?
    you mean like every other interactive novel out there?
    #boycottchina

It's a gay pseudo-game that's pretty much just bait for YouTubers and the Tumblr crowd. Pathetic is the most pleasant thing I can say about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder, do straight people get quality western-style eroge like gay people do?
    Katawa Shoujo was one of the best eroge ever and it was a western eroge. (and I'm straight.)

"Do you want the last piece of havarti"

lmfao, what the fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched some youtubers play it

was pretty funny with how into it they got

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well, we get fan translation for monster girl quest. And thats by far the best VN and eroge ever made.

I actually heard about this and thought it was satire, until Dodger talked about it on the Co-optional podcast. Wouldn't play it regardless but yeah seems like its a popular game.

I'm kind of tempted to give this one a try since the brand of humour seems great and from what I've heard it's genuinely sweet and well written. People have been saying that some of the game's wires get crossed regarding the choices you make in some places, though, so I might wait for things like that to be fixed before I get it. Maybe something to grab on a future sale!

It's a pretty good game, though the subject matter obviously won't appeal to certain people.

Just tread carefully among the fanbase...

Deleted
    Brian is literally my dream daddy. I want to sleep on his belly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Brian is literally my dream daddy. I want to sleep on his belly.
    Ditto! He's a studly bear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's a pretty good game, though the subject matter obviously won't appeal to certain people.

Just tread carefully among the fanbase...
    I tend to ignore the fanbases of any new game I play now, undertale, stardew valley, this, I know its best not to get wrapped up in it, just looking for mods and updates and leaving it at that.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "Do you want the last piece of havarti"

lmfao, what the fuck.
    That is an important goddamned question! You don't fuck around with cheese!

I watched Jesse Cox do a video on it. It seems cute but I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am definitely not the target audience for this game, but glad to see that its target audience is getting something.
    I mean, assuming the "target audience" is gay people, I must say I, as a homosexual male, don't feel like the target audience. Most of the guys fall into a stereotype and only one of the "dads" have an actual dad bod, and he's pretty annoying with bragging about his kid. No, the target audience seems like people who are straight, enjoy pretending to be gay (such as Arin from Game Grumps, who was involved with the game), and are some form of YouTuber/Streamer/etc. This doesn't seem like a fun game to just play on your own, plus I've heard it's very shallow on content (and by "content", I mean text/choices).

Plus, if this is how straight people see gay people, that's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I tend to ignore the fanbases of any new game I play now, undertale, stardew valley, this, I know its best not to get wrapped up in it, just looking for mods and updates and leaving it at that.
    Just try to ignore the cancerous sections of each of them and you'll live better. Plenty of subreddits (such as /r/Undertale) are really good for fanart and the like, just don't read some comments sometimes
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I watched Jesse Cox do a video on it. It seems cute but I'll pass.

I mean, assuming the "target audience" is gay people, I must say I, as a homosexual male, don't feel like the target audience. Most of the guys fall into a stereotype and only one of the "dads" have an actual dad bod, and he's pretty annoying with bragging about his kid. No, the target audience seems like people who are straight, enjoy pretending to be gay (such as Arin from Game Grumps, who was involved with the game), and are some form of YouTuber/Streamer/etc. This doesn't seem like a fun game to just play on your own, plus I've heard it's very shallow on content (and by "content", I mean text/choices).

Plus, if this is how straight people see gay people, that's sad.

Just try to ignore the cancerous sections of each of them and you'll live better. Plenty of subreddits (such as /r/Undertale) are really good for fanart and the like, just don't read some comments sometimes
    No, by target audience I was thinking predominantly the female population that is attracted to visual novels.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    No, by target audience I was thinking predominantly the female population that is attracted to visual novels.
    Also known as "landwhales" and "undesirables".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game was talked about in the something positive comic.... I honestly thought it was satire but now I'm kinda intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Also known as "landwhales" and "undesirables".
    I actually know a pretty cute girl that does it :P

It's another disappointment as far as I'm concerned. The most conventionally attractive character - the blond guy - can't even be romanced properly and at the end of the game reveals that he wants to remain with his troubled wife to 'make things work'. For a game that advertises itself as a fantasy dating simulator that's a pretty dumb move.

For some strange reason other games that present themselves as 'gay friendly' have a habit of refusing to make the most classically handsome male characters into bisexual or gay romance options. In Dragon Age: Origins it happened with Alistair. I brushed it off and thought 'fair enough'. Then Dragon Age 2 arrived and pretty much every romance option was bisexual except Sebastian. Then in Dragon Age: Inquisition Cullen was initially teased pre-release as a bisexual romance option but ended up being scrapped and made completely straight by the time of the game's launch.