Mage agsinst frost DK

So frost dk, how to fight agsinst it as a frost mage?
    Majority of times he just kills me with stupid deathgrip+hit (followed by my blink) and howling blast spam. Starts with ams, I dunno tbh, guess I have to eat that, then nova, frostbolt (might use strang which I trinket afterwards), deepfreeze (he trinkets), pet nova ... well, long story short - he just kills me before I kill him, regardless of what I'm doing.

Of course I don't blink when he has DG up.

he is full ruthless and I got full ruthless+ legendary+hc rag trinket(ye, you can have a laugh at scrub mage, go on)

Deleted
    he is full ruthless and I got full ruthless+ legendary+hc rag trinket(ye, you can have a laugh at scrub mage, go on)

that
    made
    me
    laugh

u should defo kill him b4 he even gets to u

Outside of ams cone of cold, frost nova and pet freeze shud be enough especially with deep freeze shatters.. Blink after dg as ya say.. Think ya jst panicin too much

And what to do to his ams, ibf and deathgrip then? He just rapes me before I can rape him omg ... Deepfreeze? trinket. Another deepfreeze? IBF, normal shatters? Ams at least 1 of them, then he has DR on nova and its bye-bye tbh... I dunno, this doesn't work at all =/. Tried to blanket cs + df - yes, it gives me additional seconds to pump dmg in him, but it doesn't kill him ...

Deleted
    This post made my day. A frost mage WITH the legendary versus a frost dk, who have the 2nd worst mobility in pvp after warriors. Everything the DK does you can easily counter:

Strang - iceblock
    IBF on stun - nova/ring of frost/cone of cold
    ams - just stay out of melee range
    dg - blink

you could also just counterspell him so he can't do jack shit except obliterate.

Oh and than u have him in one of your 500 snares, have fun with the 60k shatter + 40k staff proc, not broken in pvp at all.

Deleted
    Have you used cone of cold?

Deleted
    trinket his strangulate, ice block his ams, blink his death grip only if he roots u, silence him while he starts spamming howling blasts

Deleted
    ues legndry to fite agsisnt him an win!!!1

DG = Frost and Blink, deep freeze him right after you blink, iceblock his strangulate, pet freeze, counterspell and stay out of melee range, cone and just run around icelanceing the poor S.O.B to death.

Don't have to be in that order, but DKs is pretty much the easiest class to kill.

Are you just standing there hardcasting frostbolts? That might be the key to your problem

Save blinks for when he grips you, other then that he shouldn't be touching you. I mean they hit like a truck, but so do you - and you should be hitting him first. Don't be afraid to use poly to get some distance, you can shatter him to 50% regardless.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Powerrave View Post
    This post made my day. A frost mage WITH the legendary versus a frost dk, who have the 2nd worst mobility in pvp after warriors. Everything the DK does you can easily counter:

Strang - iceblock
    dg - blink

you could also just counterspell him so he can't do jack shit except obliterate.

Oh and than u have him in one of your 500 snares, have fun with the 60k shatter + 40k staff proc, not broken in pvp at all.
    An you didn't even use your pvp trinket ...

I can see the problem, but they're pretty easy when you get the hang of it. Just watch his buff etc, if you pop DF while he's got icebound fortitude you're fucked etc ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerrave View Post

Strang - iceblock
    dg - blink

I'll tell ya right now that if you block out of my strang you're done for bro. That's your only iwin button against a frost DK (that's specced right that is...) AMS + Strang at the start to get in melee range, he'll either eat the silence or blow a major CD. +1 to the DK. Glyphed AMS gives 8 seconds of immunity. That's 8 seconds of me tearing your face off because if you use your blink I got ya right back where I need ya. Currently the Frost DK model is stacking necrotics to the ceiling and not even using Oblit. Blow all your CD's while a Mage is in range and doesn't have blink and that's all she wrote folks...