Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Popcorn..but no salt butter topppings or anything..and get checked for a tapeworm.

Dust, i rekon you could eat as much dust as u want and ud still loose weight.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Some people say you should snack between meals on raw Almonds.
    ^ great idea. Also, if you soak your nuts in water over night, i hear the begin to germinate and release all kinds of good stuff that you wouldnt get just eating them raw. And the water makes them smooth. MMmmmMMMm smooth nuts =D

Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    I think you guys misunderstood my post and what answers I want to get lol.

I just want info on what food you guys can suggest and please to include the calories.

Like I gave an example - 1 cup of raw carrots = 27 calories. Would like more foods you guys can think of (also including the calories per cup for example)
    Calories are not everything when it comes to weight gain.
    Besides, according to your post you have a bigger problem with cravings. Not calorie intake.

I once read that it takes about 20 minutes for the signals to get to and from your brain that you're full...so if you eat slower, or allow for breaks in between courses you'll get fuller without eating as much. Whether this is true or not...who knows. It's always worked for me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    cabbage. lots of it.

im pretty sure thats what the japanese hotdog eating champions do to stretch their stomach without gaining weight.

I've been known to make the occasional tag. PM me a ss, and if I like it I'll make you 1

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Calories are not everything when it comes to weight gain.
    Besides, according to your post you have a bigger problem with cravings. Not calorie intake.
    Calories do play the biggest role though.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...iet.professor/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Im 170cm / 68kg / 24 years old / medium build / Male. Is it even possible to have a thyroid problem with those stats, wouldn't I at least be fat by now if that was the case?

As I said I speed-bike 30klm to 100klm per day for my exercise, but that I don't think is enough to support my eating if I eat bad foods for the day.
    My girlfriend's daughter has a Thyroid problem, and she was diagnosed with it at the age of 14, and she spontaneously gaining weight all of the sudden, she was only 80 something pounds at the time.

I have a sweet tooth. I find when I crave candy, I can eat a piece of fruit and the craving stops. I think my body is craving fruit when I want something sweet. Cakes and candy just give you the satisfaction of getting a sweet instantly. If you must have the bread with the jam, go with a jam that is all fruit with no sugar added (and not the artificial sugars added), and a whole grain bread. Or you could go with peanut butter on top which usually has more nutrition than jams. Look for a natural peanut butter too.

Fiber and Protein helps you feel full. Check labels to see how much fiber is really in something. I enjoy oatmeal. I add things to it like fresh berries, nuts, and flax seed. Usually apple or berries are enough to sweeten it with out adding sugar on top.
    Last edited by arcticsnow; 2011-11-15 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keevo View Post
    ^ great idea. Also, if you soak your nuts in water over night, i hear the begin to germinate and release all kinds of good stuff that you wouldnt get just eating them raw. And the water makes them smooth. MMmmmMMMm smooth nuts =D
    Whilst reading this I couldn't help but imagine someone tea bagging a cup of water before he would go to sleep.. After that I soon came to realize this wasn't what you were talking to me and it all made sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Calories do play the biggest role though.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...iet.professor/
    That's still not directing the problem at its source.
    Also, it's dependent on person, and their daily actions.
    For example, when I was 18 I had an 8000 calorie diet, but I was still 5'5" 115 lbs. It was more dependent on my actions vs. what I ate. Not the calorie intake.

Addition:
    I found this, after researching your Twinkie Diet theory.
    http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-...ion-toxic.html

Balance in your diet is still important, regardless of calorie intake.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 2011-11-15 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Grammar, addition

Deleted
    Eat food with lots of fibers, like fruit/vegetables/brown bread and stuff. It's much more effective if you're hungry. Also, try to eat old bread. Whenever I'm quite hungry but then proceed to eat old bread, I get filled up much quicker than I would with fresh bread. Odd eh.

Celery is a non-caloric food. If your metabolism is halfway decent, you'll burn more calories than you intake. Thus feeling full, w/o massive caloric intake.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys misunderstood my post and what answers I want to get lol.

I just want info on what food you guys can suggest and please to include the calories.
    The way you described it, we believe your problem is not that you need to find something you can gorge yourself on and still say thin, but that you should not need to and your poor diet is leading to bad eating habits.

lean protein (egg whites or lean means such as chicken or steak) + complex carbs (oatmeal, potato, brown rice) + a huge plate of veggies will keep you full, boost your metabolism, and keep you healthy

Deleted
    first of all the human body isnt designed to eat 3 square meals a day, lucky to get 1, my advice would be simply to not eat EVERYTIME your hungry.

Deleted
    Eat anything that can provide an income of Amino Acids, these are foods primarily high in Vitamin C.

Amino acids are used by your body to create various proteins, so as peculiar as it sounds, citrus fruits provide you with protein.
    There is no downside to consuming fruit aside the cost. It's also virtually impossible to gain weight (in the form of excess fat) via eating fruit so eat to your heart's content.

The only side effect is more frequent visits to the toilet. Many upsides, pretty much nothing to lose.

A last thing to note, eating just one type of food allows your body to digest the food-type really easily. Sticking to just one food may leave your body craving for nutrients that are present in other food types. The fact that you eat just one food type per day is also helping you keep the weight off.

If you refer to the Atkins diet, which revolved heavily around eating only one type of meat, people on this diet lost a lot of weight as the body can deal with one food-type really really easily. However, the Atkins diet's side effect is that it left the user very short on nutrients that meats simply don't provide enough of.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keevo View Post
    if you soak your nuts in water over night, i hear the begin to germinate and release all kinds of good stuff
    Winner!!!!!

Deleted
    by any chance, is the OP American? :P

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    If you refer to the Atkins diet, which revolved heavily around eating only one type of meat, people on this diet lost a lot of weight as the body can deal with one food-type really really easily. However, the Atkins diet's side effect is that it left the user very short on nutrients that meats simply don't provide enough of.
    That's not what the Atkins diet is whatsoever. Even just looking it up on Wikipedia would be better than this!

Deleted
    Certain foods don't make you gain weight, calories do. Lets say your body spends 2000 kcal per day, you eat 2500, that's 500 kcal more than you need and your body stores that energy as fat for later use. You can eat 5 chocolate bars in a day which each have 300 kcal and not gain weight because you are still below the 2000 kcal. Of course eating in such a manner does not have a good impact on your health.

In order to avoid eating too much calories while still not feeling hungry you should eat foods that have low calories but which fill the space in your stomach. Also foods that contain mostly protein and fat rather than carbohydrates* tend to make you feel more full and keep the hunger away for a longer period of time.

I'd recommend you to eat more salad, it fills your stomach but doesn't have a lot of calories. Vegetables also have vitamins + fiber which are vital for your body to be healthy. You are not necessarily healthy just because you are slim, you need to get the right amounts of different vitamins, protein, fiber and even small amount of fat in your diet is vital for a healthy body. Drinking water also helps to fill your stomach and there has been some research that indicate that humans sometimes mistake thirst for hunger and they should instead drink rather than eat. So drinking is a good thing to do before you decide to eat more.

Remember to still eat properly though and not just drink water or eat salad: a healthy balanced diet is the key to maintaining your target weight while still being healthy. It is not adviced to eat less than <your daily intake> - 500 kcal, because your body will take some the of the energy your body needs for its vital functions from your muscles** which will lead to your muscles shrinking which again leads to you losing weight and again the daily energy intake decreasing even more. You can somewhat count your daily intake with a mathematical formula if you know your weight, but for accurate results you'd need to know the exact percentage of muscle in your body.

*There's 2 types of carbohydrates (they have certain codes which I don't remember at the moment): one of them releases the energy slowly and another fast. The slowly releasing carbohydrates (good ones) are mostly found in vegetables while the fast releasing ones (bad) are in anything that contains proper sugar. Eating the carbohydrates that release the energy for your body's use slowly is not considered to be a bad thing while eating sugars (the other kind of carbohydrate) is. If I remember correctly the reasoning behind that is that gives your body more time to use the energy before the energy gets turned into fat.
    **Some of the energy is taken from fat in your body too of course. I've heard it's about 40% from muscle and 60% from fat, but if you train you'll be able to retain more of the muscle.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-11-15 at 05:42 PM.