Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    MSU beats Nebraska in a game that was closer than the scoreboard and Michigan somehow comes back and beats Northwestern. congrats for them for playing great in OT (though i still think UM loses to both Iowa and OSU.)

Watching Big XII games these days makes me feel like I'm watching 2008 WAC football or something. It's not actually bad football, but there's something that just looks super bush league about this environment and it's kind of pervasive outside of OU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    MSU beats Nebraska
    Yep, cheers. Some really crappy mistakes putting the ball on the carpet today. Hats off to MSU for taking advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, I'll take Gus Johnson's enthusiasm any day, and that's an absolutely sick catch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Watching Big XII games these days makes me feel like I'm watching 2008 WAC football or something. It's not actually bad football, but there's something that just looks super bush league about this environment and it's kind of pervasive outside of OU.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, cheers. Some really crappy mistakes putting the ball on the carpet today. Hats off to MSU for taking advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, I'll take Gus Johnson's enthusiasm any day, and that's an absolutely sick catch.
    yeah no offense but i thought nebraska did an incredible job shooting itself in the foot. over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yeah no offense but i thought nebraska did an incredible job shooting itself in the foot. over and over and over again.
    So did I If you remember from last week though, I also kind of just figured MSU was just a better team. They didn't really have to do that much to show it today. They just kind of played their game and waited for Nebraska to throw up all over itself... and Nebraska obliged. I wish it had been a more well played game. The competitiveness, intensity, etc. was all there just fine, but the sloppiness was pretty unbearable.

15+ Year Old Account
    So did I If you remember from last week though, I also kind of just figured MSU was just a better team. They didn't really have to do that much to show it today. They just kind of played their game and waited for Nebraska to throw up all over itself... and Nebraska obliged. I wish it had been a more well played game. The competitiveness, intensity, etc. was all there just fine, but the sloppiness was pretty unbearable.
    hey i got a great idea, why don't you:
    1) Botch the Option Toss.
    2) Botch the Punt Return.
    3) Botch the snap at your own goal line.

Sounds like a reasonable game plan to win with.

The option was the one that pissed me off the most because it's something that you can successfully execute in backyard football 97.2% of the time. Look the damned ball into your hands!

15+ Year Old Account
    The option was the one that pissed me off the most because it's something that you can successfully execute in backyard football 97.2% of the time. Look the damned ball into your hands!
    yeah. i say the same thing every time someone drops the ball (or if its a defender who drops the ball its "and that is why you play defense"). though i also thought the play from your 1 yard line that resulted in a fumble was pretty bad too. "let me turn with the ball, into a guy whos pulling..."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course, the only upset of the week and it's Stanford. Thought for a few minutes there Baylor was finally going to stumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I hope you didn't shut that one off early. The 4th quarter was nuts.
    I had to go to work my shitty job unfortunately. Looks like Auburn got super-secret lucky. Makes me feel a little better about the Iron Bowl.

Without looking at highlights:

Alabama sucked past Mississippi State. Hope it was just an off-week against a terrible team. But I'm worried about Extremely-Efficient AJ McCarron throwing two picks. Also just watched the highlights, Christian Jones doing more special teams awesomeness.

Stanford upset by USC. Add it to another shake-up at the top of the list.

Baylor puts up more points again. Right now, I want to see them more than anyone else against Alabama and see what they can do.

Central Florida struggle against 1-9 Temple. Really the team you wanna see in the BCS?

Florida almost gave themselves a chance for a bowl game. Guess it's really not gonna happen. OR..hey, maybe they upset FSU and shake up the BCS more. Right? Right?...ok, maybe not.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure the pac 12 is unhappy that stanford lost looks like it will be alabama vd fsu or osu if they can go this year.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    pretty sure the pac 12 is unhappy that stanford lost looks like it will be alabama vd fsu or osu if they can go this year.
    Yeah, I wanted Stanford to lose, but only as the last of four in the top six, so Oregon would hit the NCG.

Urban Meyer is pretty funny, I guess he forgot OSU doesn't actually play anyone...oh wait they played 2 ranked teams no one has heard of and won by 7 and 10 points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Urban Meyer is pretty funny, I guess he forgot OSU doesn't actually play anyone...oh wait they played 2 ranked teams no one has heard of and won by 7 and 10 points
    To be fair:

Alabama has played 3 (and one of those was Ole Miss)
    FSU has played 3 (and one of those was Maryland)
    Baylor has played 1

Also, those "teams no one has heard of" are not. Wisconsin and Northwestern. Granted, Northwestern shit the bed, but still. It's not super unknown teams.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I'm sorry but how is playing Northwestern and Wisconsin teams that are unheard of?
    and you want to talk about Schedules, who the hell does FSU and Alabama play?

FSU just got done playing Syracuse. there teams against ranked opponents were Maryland (overrated), Miami (overrated, lost to duke and VT, seriously, duke man), and a Clemson team (I'll give you this one).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has beaten anybody. Everybody sucks. NIU National Champs and Lynch for Heismann!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Nobody has beaten anybody. Everybody sucks. NIU National Champs and Lynch for Heismann!
    i didn't say that. my point was that you can't say "this team has played no one" when the same applies for other teams in NC discussion too.

High Overlord EleShamLAZERBEAMZ's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does everyone feel about this #rapistjameis thing??

Quote Originally Posted by EleShamLAZERBEAMZ View Post
    How does everyone feel about this #rapistjameis thing??
    As much as I love my Noles if a young woman was sexually assaulted by our QB then our QB deserves jail time. Just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    As much as I love my Noles if a young woman was sexually assaulted by our QB then our QB deserves jail time. Just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.
    Yeah, I have no bias about FSU in either direction, but I've been cheering for Jaemis all year and I really don't feel good about this. The current facts that are available look pretty damning. I won't really judge until we know more, but it doesn't look good. Kudos for you having the integrity to think about people before football - I've seen some people on message boards saying some really awful shit about a woman that we know nothing about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really the weekend to watch college football, but I got Alabama on. They dropped a punt return and handed the ball to Chattanooga, but turned it around and scored first. Like I said, nothing worth watching. Not until Baylor/Ok St. anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Florida is losing to Georgia Southern in the third quarter.

Georgia....Southern....

- - - Updated - - -

And Florida loses. For the first time ever to an FCS school. What the fuck.

Arizona stomping on Oregon right now is a surprise too. Weird to see that happening. I got my money on hoping FSU somehow loses somewhere, and Baylor ends up with Bama in the title game.

LSU dominating A&M so far right before halftime. A&M doesn't look like themselves, and it's not LSU's defense that's causing it.