Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    We're heading in the right direction, at least.
    agreed oh so much.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i can't wait for the playoff system. wish it was an 8 team playoff though instead of 4.
    Yeah i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I'm sorry but after watching these two teams give up 24 total points in the final 5 minutes i have to only think that Michigan State could have beat either. wasn't impressed.
    Please. Auburn and FSU have tons more speedy players than MSU. Don't get me wrong though, MSU is good, just not on the level of FSU or Auburn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That's because Vegas isn't stupid enough to buy into the SEC dominance bullshit. If this is the best conference by miles, how could the champion of that conference not handle a team from the "pathetic" ACC?
    The Big 10 is pathetic. The ACC is not. The Big 10 won 2 bowl games. The ACC won 2 BCS games alone. Your hatred for the SEC has led you to make some extremely outlandish comments.

You also think that MSU could handle either of them, which is just silly. Both Auburn and FSU would light MSU up, and MSU could not put up 20 points on either of them.

It is basketball season now and hockey is on the way. I hope that you are a more informed fan of those two sports because the Big 10 actually does quite well in them.

Great game and a really entertaining bowl season. Can't wait for next season.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The Big 10 is pathetic. The ACC is not. The Big 10 won 2 bowl games. The ACC won 2 BCS games alone. Your hatred for the SEC has led you to make some extremely outlandish comments.

You also think that MSU could handle either of them, which is just silly. Both Auburn and FSU would light MSU up, and MSU could not put up 20 points on either of them.

It is basketball season now and hockey is on the way. I hope that you are a more informed fan of those two sports because the Big 10 actually does quite well in them.

Great game and a really entertaining bowl season. Can't wait for next season.
    FSU and Clemson are the only good teams in the ACC though.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    SEC fans are salty tonight! You can just go buy an FSU jersey, should fit in with your 12 other favorite teams. To be just as pathetic as SEC fans I now claim to be NFC fan in the NFL, Eastern conference fan in the NBA etc.
    Yeah, SEC fans will probably just go out and buy "NCAA" T-Shirts, and start chanting "NCAA".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    The best part of "SEC" fan is it only works in football I guess. Don't see too many "SEC" fans in college basketball for example.
    Kentucky and Florida would beg to differ.

The Big 10 won 1 BCS bowl game. The ACC won 2 BCS games.
    And how many did the Ess E. See win?

10+ Year Old Account
    All we have is football, so of course people take it seriously. I guess pretty good at baseball and gymnastics too if those matter to you.

I have no idea where this SEC fans stick together stuff comes from. I watched the game tonight with a room full of friends pulling against the SEC. I was the only one rooting for Auburn, and that is pretty much the norm. In other words, fans of the SEC as a whole are the minority of fans of SEC teams in my experience.
    I like sandwiches

[QUOTE=lakers01;24650525]
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah, SEC fans will probably just go out and buy "NCAA" T-Shirts, and start chanting "NCAA".[/QUOTE

The best part of "SEC" fan is it only works in football I guess. Don't see too many "SEC" fans in college basketball for example.
    Eh not a fan of basketball my friend. Unlike yourself. More into Football, baseball, and track n' field myself. All three with strong SEC showings. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    And how many did the Ess E. See win?
    None this year. Still had the best record overall in bowl games though. Obviously a down year is inevitable every now and then.
    I like sandwiches

Waiting for the playoffs

None this year.
    Let's leave it at that. Or u can continue to live in the past. I'll never understand how SEC fans are fans of the conference and not fans of their own teams. Boasting off their rival's victories. Enjoy ur 2 game loosing streak and let it go. :lol @ "a down year" as if on some "the south will rise again" BS. Keep telling urself that.

SEC is the best conference theirs stats to back it up look it up on google. Also the SEC has more players drafted then any other conference. Stats to back it up once again look it up. NFL scouts are the experts. I'll take their side over a bunch of armchair quarter backs.

Here's for the lazy people.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/index.shtml

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ost-nfl-talent

- - - Updated - - -

And to the question why do SEC teams cling to other SEC teams. Because every other conference bashes them out of pure jealousy so they stick together, and simply care more about football.

Here's more stats as to why the SEC is better then the rest. The writing is on the wall.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-in-six-charts
    Last edited by DistortionSleep; 2014-01-07 at 08:40 AM.

The best team in the Ess. E. See choked away an 18 point lead in the biggest game of the year. FOH...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hile-ring.html

And now mother Dee Dee is sending racist tweets about Winston.

Gotta luv the Ess E. See. Incest and Racism...

Infracted: Nation/region bashing is not allowed on these forums
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-07 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hile-ring.html

And now mother Dee Dee is sending racist tweets about Winston.
    >dailymail

It's the main tabloid of the UK

why are people getting so butthurt over Auburn still being ranked #2? Championship games are between the best two teams. The winner is obviously the best team in the country no one can argue with that fact. Using simple logic the loser of a championship game is still the second best team in the country. If Mich State fans want to get butthurt how about maybe dont lose to Notre Dame next time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    bcs is all about WHEN you lose a game. Nobody expects a SEC or PAC 12 team to steam roll undefeated in conference. Its just a matter of WHEN they will lose.
    id say its more about WHO you lose to. Losing to a team that ends the season ranked top 10 is a hella lot better than say losing to a team that ends up unranked. Even if they were ranked at the time. Hell thats even worse because then it just means you not only lost but it was to an over rated school.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-01-07 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    why are people getting so butthurt over Auburn still being ranked #2? Championship games are between the best two teams. The winner is obviously the best team in the country no one can argue with that fact. Using simple logic the loser of a championship game is still the second best team in the country. If Mich State fans want to get butthurt how about maybe dont lose to Notre Dame next time?

- - - Updated - - -

id say its more about WHO you lose to. Losing to a team that ends the season ranked top 10 is a hella lot better than say losing to a team that ends up unranked. Even if they were ranked at the time. Hell thats even worse because then it just means you not only lost but it was to an over rated school.
    Oh i do agree with that. BUT, if you lose a game say in the last two weeks and its a hot debate over your team and a team riding close on your coat tails. Chances are you will fall a spot below that teams and have to get help to pass them again. The BCS is a very fickle system. I'm kinda glad to be moving away from it. I hope the play off system moves to a 8 team format sooner than later. The 4 team system is going to leave a ton of butt hurt for good teams that just barely didnt make it in.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Oh i do agree with that. BUT, if you lose a game say in the last two weeks and its a hot debate over your team and a team riding close on your coat tails. Chances are you will fall a spot below that teams and have to get help to pass them again. The BCS is a very fickle system. I'm kinda glad to be moving away from it. I hope the play off system moves to a 8 team format sooner than later. The 4 team system is going to leave a ton of butt hurt for good teams that just barely didnt make it in.

The 4 team system doesnt help anything. Needs to be 6. The 4 conference winners (Pac 12, Big 10, ACC, and SEC) The last 2 are wild cards with no restrictions on where they come from. If one year the ACC is up and Clemson, Miami, and FSU are all very good then the two Wild Cards are from the ACC on top of the conference winner. If the next year the SEC is back on top then three from the SEC get in. The worst thing that can happen is the politically correct people take over. We dont need some team like a Northern Illinois getting in unless they just played a brutal schedule and beat 4 or 5 ranked teams (not likely to happen).

Also they need to get rid of pre season rankings. If you start out top 10 before playing a single game you can lose a game and still probably get in. But if you are out of the top 10 or even top 25 and lose a game even if you finish up with only 1 loss its still going to be hard to get in if theres another one loss team who started the season ranked higher than you. Also preseason ranks make teams look better than they are. Look at how much beating Georgia helped Clemson out. Georgia finished the season unranked but because of where they started Clemson beats a top 5 team and their ranking benefits from that. Then FSU comes along and destroys Clemson and people are going Dam FSU must be good they beat Clemson who beat Georgia. FSU also beat Miami when they were ranked high, another team that finished unranked. Granted in the end the better team won but whos to say FSU didnt end up in the title game simply by getting to #1 by beating over rated teams.

Thats why the NFL works so well. There are no rankings. Once you win your division then they assign seeds based on record. Thats why only take the winners of the 4 conferences with conference championship games. The wild card teams can be picked by committee based on stuff like strength of schedule. We dont need a ranking system deciding who gets in.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-01-07 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

2 loss team ranked higher than 1 loss team. Brilliant system.