Thread: NCAA football

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ACC isn't that bad it's better then the falling ship that is the big east. With Notre Dame joining the ACC it helps the ACC bring is some revenue to schools that you mentioned since Notre Dame is still a big draw even thou they are not what they where 2 decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    ACC isn't that bad it's better then the falling ship that is the big east. With Notre Dame joining the ACC it helps the ACC bring is some revenue to schools that you mentioned since Notre Dame is still a big draw even thou they are not what they where 2 decades ago.
    Last time I checked the Big East champ beat the ACC champs by like 50. The ACC is terrible. Just look at how good Miami used to be. As soon as they joined the ACC the cancer of bad that oozes throughout that conference has caused them to suck ever since.

People who like Notre Dame are like NASCAR fans who like Dale Jr. I mean hes never won a championship but everyone loves him. I guess cheering for the losers is cool now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Last time I checked the Big East champ beat the ACC champs by like 50. The ACC is terrible. Just look at how good Miami used to be. As soon as they joined the ACC the cancer of bad that oozes throughout that conference has caused them to suck ever since.

People who like Notre Dame are like NASCAR fans who like Dale Jr. I mean hes never won a championship but everyone loves him. I guess cheering for the losers is cool now?
    I don't like Notre Dame I live in SEC country. Joining the ACC err partially joining the ACC wasn't just about football with Notre Dame joining and probably UConn joining soon as well it will be the best conference at basketball for sure and they will be really good at Lacrosse. As far as football goes the Big East is a sinking ship and it's sinking faster everyday teams are trying to leave as fast as they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Andre Ware is stupid. First he calls an obvious incomplete pass a completion (which didn't matter, there was an offensive penalty either way). Then, he says that a missed catch was the receiver's fault, and then commends the defender for breaking up the play. Now, he's advocating speeding in vehicles. Oh, and eventually he should realize he's mispronouncing "Lutzenkirken" especially when his partner is saying it right.

Doesn't help Charles Barkley is there, and they had to interview him. You know he'll say any dumbass thing that comes out of his pea-sized brain. Can't wait for the good games later today.

I also like how all the "back to the studio" updates are only giving highlights for the expected blowout games. I wanna see why Pitt is beating Virginia Tech, not why Nebraska is up 40 points on Random 2A team 3.b
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-15 at 06:58 PM.

Looks like ULM might beat Auburn. Down by a TD with a little over 3 minutes left.

EDIT: It's overtime now. Can ULM pull off another upset?

Edit #2: Guess not. They did a damn good job though.
    Last edited by Killer52431; 2012-09-15 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh, NFL replacement refs showing up at the Bama/Arkansas game. They don't know what "forward progress" is, then they allow it to be challenged (it can't), then they continue to charge the timeout for the unchallengable play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Uh oh, NFL replacement refs showing up at the Bama/Arkansas game. They don't know what "forward progress" is, then they allow it to be challenged (it can't), then they continue to charge the timeout for the unchallengable play.
    That call was bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/MikePereira/stat...68434414845952
    You are still charged the timeout if you challenge an unchallengeable play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://twitter.com/MikePereira/stat...68434414845952
    You are still charged the timeout if you challenge an unchallengeable play.
    Still an incredibly stupid call.

Bama does not look like themselves. If Wilson were playing, he would not have thrown that interception, and the game would probably be closer. Big penalties, bad tackling, lack of discipline.

15+ Year Old Account
    UMass...making offenses look good all year long.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 06:13 PM ----------

Classy Michigan, up 49-13 and you still got your first string QB in the game.
    really classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Classy Michigan, up 49-13 and you still got your first string QB in the game.
    really classy.
    They need the style points to make up for their loss.

Ugh, first offensive play of the game Florida drops a reverse. This is gonna be bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Bye bye Clemson.

This really comes down to Bama, Oregon and Oklahoma. Houston won't be in the conversation.
    I wouldnt count out WVU. Lots of talent on that team. I think they will make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people are putting AJ McCarron on a Heisman watch list. His numbers are terrible. Well, not bad, he has solid numbers, but they're really low, especially considering Bama put up 52 points today and he still only had less than 200 yards and only one touchdown. Right now I haven't seen anyone in the SEC deserving of a Heisman watch.

Wow, talk about upset weekend. Pitt over Virginia Tech, Notre Dame over Michigan State, and Stanford over USC. There goes one of the top powerhouses. Bama and USC play each other later on, so there's one more guaranteed to lose. I see another BCS title game against two one-loss teams.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-16 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL man all the national news said that USC was going to bring down the SEC this year ehh they can't even beat people in their own division. Man pretty gloomy about Arkansas today but seeing USC lose made my nite and lifted some of my spirit. Anyways Alabama or LSU will win the NC again and everybody will talk about how CF is biased toward the SEC. Rally thou the SEC is in a down year except Alabama and LSU but I really don't see anybody out of conference beating them and the only one that has a shot is when they play against each other down the road.

that was a crazy game.. barkley had no protection what so ever.. can't put it all on him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    LoL man all the national news said that USC was going to bring down the SEC this year ehh they can't even beat people in their own division. Man pretty gloomy about Arkansas today but seeing USC lose made my nite and lifted some of my spirit. Anyways Alabama or LSU will win the NC again and everybody will talk about how CF is biased toward the SEC. Rally thou the SEC is in a down year except Alabama and LSU but I really don't see anybody out of conference beating them and the only one that has a shot is when they play against each other down the road.
    Don't be too sure, FSU is still out there, as is Oregon. The SEC is in a down year, South Carolina will screw up somewhere, and I promise you Florida will not go undefeated. Arkansas is down, Auburn is WAY down, and the two newcomers have already lost. It'll be great to see Bama back in the title game, but I'm not so sure. I got them beating LSU this year unlike last year though.

Don't be too sure, FSU is still out there, as is Oregon. The SEC is in a down year, South Carolina will screw up somewhere, and I promise you Florida will not go undefeated. Arkansas is down, Auburn is WAY down, and the two newcomers have already lost. It'll be great to see Bama back in the title game, but I'm not so sure. I got them beating LSU this year unlike last year though.
    SEC is down, but Saban has a way of making things happen so i think bama will makes its way to a NC. I do see WVU being a dark horse, Geno Smith is on point so far, looking much more solid then last year. Texas and OU are their only competition. With Texas' always coming out slow, there's no way they can catch up once that offense gets rolling on them. As for OU....they just seem to be lacking something this year.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    SEC is down, but Saban has a way of making things happen so i think bama will makes its way to a NC. I do see WVU being a dark horse, Geno Smith is on point so far, looking much more solid then last year. Texas and OU are their only competition. With Texas' always coming out slow, there's no way they can catch up once that offense gets rolling on them. As for OU....they just seem to be lacking something this year.
    As long as WVU can get past Texas in Austin I think they'll be on pace to be a contender. They are incredibly strong playing in Morgantown with that crowd and I think they can take the Sooners and TCU there without too much trouble. Geno is definitely in the Heisman race and that offense isn't showing any signs of slowing down. Granted, they've only played James Madison and Marshall so far, but to drop 69 points on any team is a good sign.

I'm from West Virginia though so I'm a little biased when it comes to them...I just wish I could make the trip to Austin for the Texas game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people are putting AJ McCarron on a Heisman watch list. His numbers are terrible. Well, not bad, he has solid numbers, but they're really low, especially considering Bama put up 52 points today and he still only had less than 200 yards and only one touchdown. Right now I haven't seen anyone in the SEC deserving of a Heisman watch.
    To be far he was sat with 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post
    To be far he was sat with 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter.
    True. The games I wanted to watch overlapped, so I missed the fourth quarter. Still though, they're low numbers, and while he's a solid QB, there are so many more people who will end up with better stats.