Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, saw a ref throw a block for LSU.

Given that the unthinkable happens and Bama loses tomorrow to Auburn, the SEC West could actually get very interesting with three two-loss teams. And if it does, Georgia is really the SEC's only chance for a BCS title shot. But, this isn't crazy world, so don't expect anything crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Given that the unthinkable happens and Bama loses tomorrow to Auburn, the SEC West could actually get very interesting with three two-loss teams. And if it does, Georgia is really the SEC's only chance for a BCS title shot. But, this isn't crazy world, so don't expect anything crazy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFOoOUV9Vs

It was so funny when it happened live. I can just picture Miles coming up to him after the game and seeing if he has any eligibility years left.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The NCG was won last week when Oregon lost. A&M proved they can't handle that style of play(Alabama). Alabama is NC for all intensive purposes.

Edit: Wish real life could put on the "No injuries" cheat. Tired of seeing teams lose because they are down to second string of an entire set, and 3rd string of a key position (Oregon's starting D was statistically top 2 defense, but that only stays when you don't lose your entire d-line, starting safety, back up safety, corner, etc). Oregon starters are hands down the best in country, if they where all healthy, ever.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-11-23 at 08:33 PM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Arkansas had a chance, but terrible play-calling ended them. Oh well. Still think LSU is highly overrated.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arkansas also has the worst coach in NCAA history...maybe not but he has to be up there. Arkansas has a ton of talent on the O side of the ball but just doesn't have a competent head coach leading the team.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:30 PM ----------

As I have posted time and time again the Pac-10/12 is bad as in terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    The person who schedule the college football games today is a freaking moron. Oregon/Oregon State, Alabama/Auburn, and Florida/FSU all at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    The person who schedule the college football games today is a freaking moron. Oregon/Oregon State, Alabama/Auburn, and Florida/FSU all at the same time.
    The early game has the biggest rivalry potentially in sports and the night game is essentially a playoff for the National Championship for Notre Dame.

Well grats OSU on an undefeated season. Just imagine if the piece of shit OSU president and AD hadn't dragged their feet on self-sanctioning their school. They could have done the one year bowl ban last year, which the NCAA more than likely would have said was enough, and then played in the National Championship this year. OOPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well grats OSU on an undefeated season. Just imagine if the piece of shit OSU president and AD hadn't dragged their feet on self-sanctioning their school. They could have done the one year bowl ban last year, which the NCAA more than likely would have said was enough, and then played in the National Championship this year. OOPS.
    Definitely not surprising. I know tOSU was (probably conservatively) favored by 3-4 points -- I'm just glad Michigan made it out of there with anything but a 21 point loss.

The funniest part though was seeing Jim Tressel getting a standing ovation, which basically sums up everything I dislike about the mentality of their program and its fan base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halftime, time for Bama to play their third string.

Florida is dominating against FSU, but only 13-3 at halftime. Gotta get them scores off three turnovers, don't let a good team hang around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halftime, time for Bama to play their third string.

Florida is dominating against FSU, but only 13-3 at halftime. Gotta get them scores off three turnovers, don't let a good team hang around.
    Oh wow I just checked the score.

Oregon up 34 to 17. Another muffed punt for Oregon State.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, Driskel's hurt, and he's already making bad decisions. Bad reads on read options, bad scrambling into people that want to hurt him. It doesn't help the refs don't know what the fuck offensive pass interference is. That had to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen that didn't involve the words "replacement refs"

Well FSU lost. Time to go drown my sorrows in Bourbon. But, on the plus side Notre Dame can still crush UF's chances at a BCS title game, so let's go ND!
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-11-25 at 12:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Well FSU lost. Time to go drown my sorrows in Bourbon. But, on the plus side Notre Dame can still crush UF's chances at a BCS title game, so let's go ND!
    Assuming Georgia knocks off Bama in the SEC Championship game, I don't think Florida ends up in there anyways. Its not like the NCAA is going to let a one loss team that didn't win its conference or even its division in its conference have a rematch game in the championship against a team they lost to already this year.

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Meanwhile every college out there's players drive around in brand new cars wearing $5,000 suits and nothing is done.
    Sick of this notion that Bama is the only school that pays players. Everyone does it. If you want to pick on Bama at least find something that is exclusive to UA and not a nationwide norm. Personally I think players should get paid, since the good ones already are. I also think that a good chunk of this is agent shit.

Auburn is screwed. They were not letting them get away with Cam Newton. At least Bama knows how to cheat (if they indeed are )

Cheeze-it is the worst coach in the SEC and running for worst in nation. What a joke. I hope I never have a coach of any team that I like ever say that they lost because of Satan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i want you to watch that FSU vs. UF game this weekend. i want you to have excuses ready when FSU runs all over them and UF runs into the best defense they've seen all year and can't "ugly out" a win like they have in the SEC.

i fully expect you sec homers to have the excuses ready when FSU and clemson win this weekend. bring up those injuries, that's what i'd do
    Ya, Gators ran for almost 250 yards on "the best defense they've seen all year". FSU may have had a chance if they did not turn the ball over 5 times! That overrated SEC. So what does that make the ACC? Absolute garbage.

Watching the Clemson game now, but they are losing to an SC team without their starting QB and the best RB in the nation. Likely not going to have to use those excellent excuses. Clemson can't beat a beaten up SC team using 2nd QB!

I think the results of today's games visually showed you what I have been trying to tell you.

Come back and we can talk about why FSU does not even deserve a BCS bid. Good thing we are about to get rid of those stupid automatic bids for cupcake conferences.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-11-25 at 03:53 AM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I hope I never have a coach of any team that I like ever say that they lost because of Satan.
    Wait, what? I haven't heard that before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? I haven't heard that before.
    The "All In" campaign

Only in Alabama.
    I like sandwiches

Notre Dame is going to the BCS game.

Nice playcalling there Lame Kitten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to ND on (most likely) making it to the BCS championship! But seeing USC get stuffed near the end zone like that was just...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-25 at 04:29 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    And Notre Dame struggles against another mediocre opponent. USC minus their 1st round NFL QB. They were not that good with him, but that is because Lane Kiffin sucks donkey butts.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, congrats to Notre Dame for getting into the title game. I still think it's lame they can get in by playing one less game, but you can't deny they played a tough schedule and deserve it.

But at this point I'm not so sure I care. Sportscenter just did a piece on the financial benefits to having Notre Dame in the game, and which SEC team would be better off playing against them. So, what? Is this not about the best team anymore? Can these teams just buy their way into the title? I'd almost want them to put the SEC champ and Florida in there, just as a big "fuck you" to big business.

By the way, for those of you complaining about SEC not playing tough schedules, Florida played four top twelve teams. So...yeah....