Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Manziel is gonna miss half a game. Which, might as well not even be a punishment http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...195251415.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looks like Manziel is gonna miss half a game. Which, might as well not even be a punishment http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...195251415.html
    they can't afford to suspend him. they couldn't afford to suspend reggie bush. they couldn't afford to suspend cam. they'll get them "after the fact" and call it "new info"

hell he only shows up for halves at a time anyway

Deleted
    knobend manziel is nothing more than a jumped up, over rated, spoilt little tool who thinks he is something and someone. who the hell does he think he is when he is meant to be a mentor to kids at the manning qb camp, who have paid to be there and he cant even be arsed to get out of bed cos he cant handle a few drinks the night before. someone shoudl tell him he aint exactly p diddy, jay z etc, he is a 20 year old little boy who has been spoilt all his life, who deserves to be punished for selling his john hancock as he thinks he is better and bigger than a&m, ncaa and all of college ball.

the game has more than enough great players without him, so the sooner he is forgotten and becomes a 5th round nfl failure the better. infact no nfl gm would touch him with the amount of red flags he has against him already and the whole media circus he brings with him. he makes the jets look like the jaguars ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes the sports analysts get it right and make me laugh http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...220716523.html

@Roose, so...who wins the SEC east? Seems no one preseason is a definite choice. Maybe...Georgia?
    georgia deffo, with having aaron murray back this year i think he will be a hell of a lot better and more composed and able to lead the offence without a problem.

but lets see who will win the heismann. im goin clowney and he hasnt even smashed anyone into the middle of next week yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol NCAA is a joke.

It'll be interesting this year. He pretty much has a giant target on him. Any chance a player has to light him up will probably be taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lol NCAA is a joke.

It'll be interesting this year. He pretty much has a giant target on him. Any chance a player has to light him up will probably be taken.
    He's lucky he doesn't play South Carolina, but he still has to deal with Bama and LSU. Colt McCoy's probably praying for him right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    they can't afford to suspend him. they couldn't afford to suspend reggie bush. they couldn't afford to suspend cam. they'll get them "after the fact" and call it "new info"

hell he only shows up for halves at a time anyway
    Manziel is draft eligible after this season, so you know when all the evidence will show up and the hammer will come down? March-April next year after TAMU finishes their season, plays in a decent bowl, the school and NCAA make millions of Manziel, and he declares for the draft. It is a no loser situation for the NCAA as they can still show they are "tough" on people who break the rules by stripping TAMU of 11 pointless wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Manziel is draft eligible after this season, so you know when all the evidence will show up and the hammer will come down? March-April next year after TAMU finishes their season, plays in a decent bowl, the school and NCAA make millions of Manziel, and he declares for the draft. It is a no loser situation for the NCAA as they can still show they are "tough" on people who break the rules by stripping TAMU of 11 pointless wins.
    Yup, the great NCAA.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/stat...35120689852416

lol

only a matter of time until the ncaa actually crumbles.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous. How is Manziel receiving money for autographs different than the RB for USC receiving money from boosters.

If the NCAA wants to keep players from receiving money during their college years, then enforce it. Otherwise, let them have some money for what they do. Don't half-ass it and fuck up this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Manziel is gonna miss half a game.
    well thank goodness that's over with, glad that got sorted out and dealt with appropriately

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    well thank goodness that's over with, glad that got sorted out and dealt with appropriately
    yeah it just tells others that you can go and sign a shed load of things and get paid for it, BUT make sure you get paid in cash so they cant trace it... they should have just hammered that little prick and made an example of him and what happens when you do this

Anyway, my school opens the season tonight at Fresno State. Rutgers are 11 point underdogs... is Fresno supposed to be that good or do oddsmakers just have a really low opinion of Rutgers?

I dont understand one thing with the Johnny Manziel thing. People are saying A&M should sit him in case hes later ruled ineligible because it would mean they committed violations by playing an ineligible player. OK so if hes later found to have committed a violation how does that affect his earlier games? Right now hes innocent and the NCAA hasnt handed down a punishment. So how can the NCAA come back in say 5 weeks and then say "Oh btw all those games you played in are now voided because you were just declared ineligible" That doesnt make sense to me at all. You cant have someone be innocent now and then come back a month or two later and then say he was guilty. Right now hes eligible so in a month you can all of a sudden say he was ineligible for these games. Either you are eligible or you arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Anyway, my school opens the season tonight at Fresno State. Rutgers are 11 point underdogs... is Fresno supposed to be that good or do oddsmakers just have a really low opinion of Rutgers?
    I don't think Fresno St is someone to sneeze at. Maybe the home field gave them a bit. Good luck.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I dont understand one thing with the Johnny Manziel thing. People are saying A&M should sit him in case hes later ruled ineligible because it would mean they committed violations by playing an ineligible player. OK so if hes later found to have committed a violation how does that affect his earlier games? Right now hes innocent and the NCAA hasnt handed down a punishment. So how can the NCAA come back in say 5 weeks and then say "Oh btw all those games you played in are now voided because you were just declared ineligible" That doesnt make sense to me at all. You cant have someone be innocent now and then come back a month or two later and then say he was guilty. Right now hes eligible so in a month you can all of a sudden say he was ineligible for these games. Either you are eligible or you arent.
    The NCAA most certainly can say that. Does it make any sense at all? Absolutely not, but thems the rules. With the idiotic NCAA system you have to assume guilt in cases like Manziel, prior to the ruling, if your TAMU or you risk having to forfeit wins, championships, etc. The rules that govern student athletes are completely stupid, but so are the judgements when players do break the rules. In Manziel's case, the NCAA suspended him one half of one game because of an inadvertent rule breaking. He "inadvertently" signed thousands and thousands of autographs in hotel rooms for dealers. He did it out of the goodness of his heat, certainly not for money he didn't receive "wink", but signing that many autographs without the NCAA making any of the money is apparently the rule violation here.

- - - Updated - - -

And college football is back! Can't wait to see is SCAR can blow its "national title chances" tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    And college football is back! Can't wait to see is SCAR can blow its "national title chances" tonight.
    Ha ha ha. SCAR isn't going to blow this game. They will win and win easily. But to say SCAR and national title in the same breath is the best laugh I've had all day today.

Too bad Manziel's game is early on Saturday. I'll be down there that evening after the game. I'd enjoyed trying to get a ticket seeing all the ladies.

Refs seriously against Rutgers so far. Let's see, borderline fumble (ruled Rutgers' ball) overturned. 3rd down around the 20 for Fresno, ball to endzone. Rutgers defender is obviously interfered with, called for DPI. Ball on 2. Stuffed 3 straight plays, but the 3rd play, the tackler is called for "unsportsmanlike conduct". Yes, existing after making a tackle is unsportsmanlike I suppose.

OH and up 6 with 6 sec to go in the half, ball caught by Fresno in the endzone, clearly forced out by the Rutgers defender (foot came down heel in, toe out) but called a TD and upheld.

ESPNU announcers agreeing with everything.

I loathe ESPN.

10+ Year Old Account
    This USC vs. Hawai'i game, so cringe-worthy on both sides so far.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo Ole Miss beat Vandy. Oh well.

Store wasn't as busy as we expected. I've never lived in a place where college football shouldn't be a big deal. I'm surprised people get as excited as they do when the only local teams are UNC and NC State. It's easier to be a fan when your teams are Alabama and Florida.

Fucking kickers man

Fucking kickers.