Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Probably waiting til his game time runs out. Nothing serious.
    That's not the point. Why would he even be online if he don't like the game?

It's like saying "this rotten pizza tastes awful and makes my insides churn, but I'm gonna eat it anyway because I paid for it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post

It's like saying "this rotten pizza tastes awful and makes my insides churn, but I'm gonna eat it anyway because I paid for it"
    For that matter, why would he bother getting achievements if he's quitting? What's the point? To say he did it before he left?

If he's going to ride this out and see what happens, I don't understand what the point of his "I quit" thread was. Maybe a "these are the things I am unhappy about" thread like everyone else, but why go through the dramatic effort of "I quit" and then continue anyway.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post
    For that matter, why would he bother getting achievements if he's quitting? What's the point? To say he did it before he left?

If he's going to ride this out and see what happens, I don't understand what the point of his "I quit" thread was. Maybe a "these are the things I am unhappy about" thread like everyone else, but why go through the dramatic effort of "I quit" and then continue anyway.
    how about i throw this into your thinktank? A possibility of a sold/given away account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Sry, but the only difference between the OP and someone screaming i'm quitting is that he simply written a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG QQ-post about it. I even don't like some aspects of the game, but this is a big QQ-Post, nothing more, nothing less.

And there is one thing that proves, that this post ist simply bull...
    He want attunements back. Splendit, wonderful, hey lets get back to BC: a 25 man raid lost 2 or 3 members because of some problems: No, they need to find new players, wonderful. They found some new players, they are not bad, but they already raided Black Temple. But they have no attunements. Now they need to gear up. But they can't raid heroics, because they have not the neccesary attunements. OK, that should not be the problem, we simply go through the normal 70 instance a few times until they are reverted to get the keys. That should be no problem, oh no, they can't get into the shattered halls, because they don't have the key. Ok, then run to shadowmoon valley to get the questline to kill the fel reaver. 5-6 quests, then they have the key to the shattered halls. Shadow Labyrinth is the smallest problem, they only need to kill the last boss in the sethekk halls for it. But then there is the Arcatraz... eleven quests, and with their gear, they need a little bit. After this they have finally the key for the Arcatraz. Nice, then they can finally do the quest for Karazhan. 2 quests, then they need to go to the dalaran crater. After this, they need to go to shattrath, then to the shadow labyrinth back, back to dalaran, then steamvault and arkatraz. Back to shattrath again, then back to karazhan. Then finally an entrace to karazhan. They need it, because to get entrace to black temple, they need the entrace to battle of hyjal to get the phylacterium, for this they need the vials from septershrine caverns and the eye. To get into septershrine caverns, they need to kill gruul and nightbane in karazhan. To get into the eye you need to go back to do shattered halls heroic, then shado labyrinth heroic, steamvault heroic, and then rescure millhouse manastorm in arcatraz heroic (you need to let a gnome alive, this alone is hard enough XD). And after you went back to do all heroics (for this you need at least run a few times the 70 non-heroics to get to reverted with all factions for the keys), you need to kill Maghteridon.

And because raid bosses are not really soloable, you need to split your group for karazhan, and then go back to the old instances to kill ALL bosses again to get players attuned for the raid. To find groups for all the instances and heroics was even not really easy: they need a fixed group or write into the general chat, because there was no LFG-Tool, and even the old dungeon browser was later introduced. And if somebody leave the group, they need to run back to shattrath to find someone and if they found someone, there need to pray that they can solve the instance before the respawn.

YES, attunements are such an good idea... Sometimes i hope they would simply take their pink googles off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post

He made it pretty clear that he's unsubbing, so yes, he's going through the same thing most whiners go through:

>whine about game and complain that it's horrible and Blizzard is a bad company and should feel bad
    >keep playing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    tl;dr: attunements suck
    This man speaks the truth. Attunements were not "hard", "epic", anything. They were boring, tedious grinds. They did not "keep noobs out of raids", they only delayed noobs getting into raids. And like said, if you had to replace people, you had to find people who were already attuned, or waste time attuning new people. Not fun, not challenging or hard, just tedious and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    I might regret this but...who the F is Zell?

Agree with some, others I don't. Won't make me quit this fun game. I'm not one of those that lets it become my life though. And his feedback is good enough for the devs to actually notice them, which is also good. But, still...he's one in many that's left, and his reasons are not that of everyone. Just like a lot of people will also join the World of Warcraft over the next months, he's just one among millions.

A lot of the things that he describes as "epic" or fun, I'd describe as tedious...mind you, I'm not one of the people that logs in and goes "GIEF STOOF TO ME I'M PURE AWESOME", If I want something, I go for it...but I can still tell the difference between grindy content, and challenging FUN content...attunements, for one, I would NOT count into the fun and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexam View Post
    Here's the step where the failure happened. The only reason I play today is the group of friends I've played with for years now. I don't see how any of the content could be fun more than maybe once with random people. The chances are far too high that someone with poor skill and / or attitude comes in and just ruins the experience.

If you get no response in your guild, talk to them about when you can get together to run some stuff or if that doesn't work, find a new guild.
    So if you run dungeons with your guild, how does the dungeonfinder affect you negatively ?

Deleted
    Lol, this guy used to be my GM.

OT: It's a well written post which actually includes constructive criticism rather than mindless QQ. It's well justified and I pretty much agree with everything he said.

Deleted
    - A “mind blowing” experience is promised for the pre-expansion event, hugely watered down due to complaints about auction house access.
    ((ppl complain, they cant help it, i moved to darnassus for the ah its a little trouble but i didnt mind))
    - A broken world is promised, with the delivery being little more than a few upturned zones and most of the world left largely untouched.
    ((almost every zone was changed, so not sure where you are coming from))
    - Blue post confirmation that raids will be the only way to get epics, proven scarily wrong by easy to access crafters, vendors and auction houses.
    ((well only if you have the cash, if you dont then they are right))
    - A levelling experience and length similar to previous expansions is promised, but most players take no more than two days to hit the new cap.
    ((well if they rush through it, ofc most ppl will to get raid ready, but if you take your time and look at the world around you and read the story line then you have a larger experiance. I dont think there are many ppl who knew that thrall got married in their cloak questline untill alt number 6))
    - The most dangerous of villains to this point, Deathwing, is relegated to bit-part zone burning and plays next to no active part in any of the content.
    ((you cant expect deathwing to just show up on your doorstep at the time you want him to be there, i know he is not the perfect date but the battle for him in the next patch looks epic))
    - The “War” in Warcraft will be returned… Except no world PvP is brought back, only faction-specific mobs that are part of the 1-60 questing.
    ((well if you want world pvp reroll a pvp server, some off us dont like to walk around and be shot down every 2 secs while questing))
    - A “new and improved” 1-60 questing experience is promised, but it’s a streamlined shortcut in which new players learn absolutely nothing.
    ((the new 1-60 quests are amazing, the revamped areas look so nice. maybe you should stop complaining and look around you))
    - A significant portion of the playerbase reports there not being enough zones in the endgame (five); this five zone model is announced for MoP.
    ((i leveled in 3 zones to 85, we need 5 levels, get 5 zones, not that hard math wise))
    - Ghostcrawler releases a blog entitled “Wow, dungeons are hard!” extolling the virtues of trying to improve – then nerfs dungeons into the ground.
    ((never read it, dont want to read it, but if you do read it thumbs up to you))
    - The “PvP arms race” is vowed to be gotten rid of, but actually made worse. PvP balance is now so bad, MLG has removed WoW from the circuit.
    ((well considered another spec for pvp then?))
    - Mike Morhaime states that players are clearing content faster than ever before, then oversees the trivialisation of a large amount of current content.
    ((there is about 5%(not a true number no idea how much it is) of the player base that complains, and they get their way like a little spoiled child and then those that didnt complain will start complaining because of the changes so they have to change something for those aswell so its a never ending cycle))
    - Blizzard force players into a currency grind that pits players of vastly differing desires and abilities into the same queue. Mayhem ensues.
    ((easy answer: dont pug))
    - Blizzard try to address a tank shortage by offering extra rewards. The result is a flood of bad tanks that exasperate the original problem.
    ((easy answer: dont pug))
    - A new talent system is introduced to remove cookie-cutter specs. This abjectly fails, to the extent the entire system will be redone in MoP.
    ((wait till it comes out before you complain about it, its not even been made/put in the game yet and you are already bitching about it))
    - The Vengeance mechanic, heralded to solve a problem yet unseen, is made completely redundant thanks to a baseline tank threat buff.
    ((why does this matter? dont fix it if it aint broken))
    - A promise that crowd control will be brought back, only for the realisation to land that you can’t force CC on a random group that has none.
    ((you going with a full group of dks or warriors? all the others have a cc of some sort))

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, there are a few things I´d call bs on (such as overdramatizing things stating as fact when its his oppinion ), but overall I pretty much agree with whats being said. Fx. the LFG system makes me want to kill myself when having to do it to get vp on almost any char atm, and there isn´t anything holding people back cause with something like that you can act like the biggest asshole and still be able to keep doing dungeons, but thats me ranting a bit .

Basicly alot of changes have been made from Cata (and some wotlk) that wasn´t needed overall.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So if you run dungeons with your guild, how does the dungeonfinder affect you negatively ?
    You have better odds due to knowing people, but your loosing the random qq buff.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

So whats new? Countless changes brought into WoW has been a failure, Cataclysm just happened to bring in more than the previous expansions.

My personal all-time favourite: Removing rewards from 2v2 arena(also removed already obtained rewards) in an effort to bring more 5v5 back, didn't happen altho 3v3 became slightly more active with the monthly flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post

I'm starting to wonder if that way of thinking might be completely true for most of the whiners, really...

So many people saying this is an "i quit" post and they do nto care but yet they still post....

Yes, it is a quit thread, but he does bring up some very important points that to a large degree are the reasons the game is in decline.

Deleted
    Sorry to ask again, but I kinda wanna who the person is that everybody is crying over :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    This man speaks the truth. Attunements were not "hard", "epic", anything. They were boring, tedious grinds. They did not "keep noobs out of raids", they only delayed noobs getting into raids. And like said, if you had to replace people, you had to find people who were already attuned, or waste time attuning new people. Not fun, not challenging or hard, just tedious and boring.
    No, what people complained about regarding attunements was having to pull new people through them each time - not them in itself. Most of the attunements were (imo) well thought out, and a damn shame they removed them since it meant people had to have a minimum of brain activity to be able to raid.

Blizzard saying "all should be able to see end content" is crap. If people cant figure out how to play then the game just might not be for them, or they just cant raid.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Well, there are a few things I´d call bs on (such as overdramatizing things stating as fact when its his oppinion ), but overall I pretty much agree with whats being said. Fx. the LFG system makes me want to kill myself when having to do it to get vp on almost any char atm, and there isn´t anything holding people back cause with something like that you can act like the biggest asshole and still be able to keep doing dungeons, but thats me ranting a bit .

Basicly alot of changes have been made from Cata (and some wotlk) that wasn´t needed overall.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 02:21 AM ----------

You have better odds due to knowing people, but your loosing the random qq buff.
    In MOP, there will be other ways of getting VP, and we will FINALLY have the VP vendor gear be different from the gear gotten in raids...no more seeing people run around with 3/5 tier pieces and then have PVP shoulders/head because there's nothing better to be had from dungeons and crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get what the point of this is. The guy made a post about quitting wow and why, he made some points on why he wanted to quit, and well written sincere enough, it is just his own personal dislike that brought him to it.

And just because a blue post responded to it doesn't make it any different to all the other 'I quit' threads, you can say all those that have posted I Quit threads have as much justifed reason to saying it as this zell guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The reason i have no problem with threads such as this, is that its the the only way WoW receives large criticism.
    I agree with the rest of your post as well, but I thought this quote stuck out to me.

Most companies will print a survey on every receipt and then offer a prize or free product if you go online and tell them about your visit. Most companies will conduct product surveys and pay people to critique their product. Most companies will take interest in what those critics say, because it will make their product better.

Blizzard has instead closed this thread on the EU WoW forums (the OP by Zell, pt2), because they are not interested in hearing the negative views that people have on their cash-cow of a game. Fingers in the ears and saying "la la la la la" only works when you are 6 years old.

They have effectively silenced what we all see on their official forums, which is legal censorship. I have no problems with that because its their space. But what kind of company censors the feedback they have coming in, just because it can be viewed a bit negative? There was no flaming or hate speech, it was all clean discussion by rational adults.

We have moved the discussion to another site, and the great majority of the posts found here continue to be responses that agree with the original post by Zell. Blizzard will see this response soon as it loses more subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    i think you meant to write " my post is just random blabering[...]"

Zell's post brings up tons of valid points about game direction and this is why it gets so much attention. Yours however is just insulting/trolling of some1 you dont even know/played with. So in other words, your post is worthless and only thing we can do with it is print it and wipe our asses with it, thanks for stoppiung by.
    Derp

I can't relate to anything he said at all. I mean just read his post, he just herp derps around about things that just don't matter in the first place. And again I want to emphasize on what a horrible player he is if you look at his armory.

The only problem WoW has is the blatant cheating, exploiting and botting that is going on without any actions taken against it at all.