Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What inspires you to be.... you?

Never forget who you are. I watch this every day. What little thing do you have that inspires you?

Deleted
    Having someone who loves me for who I am inspires me to be who I am. I met her on the 26th of April this year, and plan to be with her every day thereafter. Love's a fine thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1404 View Post
    Never forget who you are. I watch this every day. What little thing do you have that inspires you?
    thank you for bringing this back to my eyes

Field Marshal Chad Bro Chill 17's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Moran and Thad Castle

no chuck norris' yet? well I'll add that too

When I read Chuck Norris' autobiography it was really inspiring to learn about his past. I also am inspired by my parents, who were able to claw their way past poverty from their youths through hard work and studying all night to provide a better life for me and my borther.

A Daily helping of Spinach and this http://youtu.be/F8TRoMSG-5I

Classical music, mostly pieces I've played.

The struggles I've been through inspire me.

10+ Year Old Account
    HA, I have that Charley Chaplin movie on DVD. Haven't watched it in ages, might just do so again.

OT: Meh, not to be a Debby Downer, but what inspires me to be me is my limitations of which there are many and of which I am so very, very aware. Chronic illness defines me and everything I do. If I had to come up with a positive note on what inspires me, euhm, my family I guess, the love and relations we share.

The belief that in one way or another, I'm somehow making a difference.

I remember a speech my sergeant gave during Medic AIT:

He said that if we manage to save even one life, that's someone's spouse, parent, or child who's coming home to see their family.

I know a lot of people here probably don't like a lot of the things the U.S. military does and neither do I, but that really touched me emotionally.
    Last edited by Fenicks; 2011-11-19 at 02:53 AM.

Not so sure myself or anyone for that matter needs inspiration to be themselves...
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

My family inspires me.

i guess im so retarded tht i dont know or maybe.. im th black sheep in my family and theydont think i will become of anything but i shall prove them wrong!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, me I guess. I don't really look up to anyone other than myself.

Not to sound very self-centered but I never had a certain speech or anything to that extend that inspired me. Sure there have been things that DESCRIBED what I believe in and who I am, but never one that forged it. (Several, sure, but not a certain thing that I saw and changed my life or anything).

I think seeing somone sacrafice so much for someone they knew so little about was another one for me. There was an american soldier and an iraqi civilian that both died trying to save a strangers life by pulling them out of a burning car but they both suffered the same horrible fate. I saw this overseas in Iraq when an IED blew up a civilians vehicle. As horrible of a sight as it was, it was an amazing after thought to know theres still selfless people out there.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    Not so sure myself or anyone for that matter needs inspiration to be themselves...
    It's rather bold to speak on behalf of anyone but yourself. Maybe your not understanding the concept. You are who you are based on life lessons learned, wisdoms shared, experiences lived, sights witnessed. The simple things that change your life and define you everyday.

Jon Fucking Mess.

Deleted
    My son, my peers and my family. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

The feeling that i'm my own person and everyone elses thoughts, standards and petty social norms can go fuck themselves.
    And the Mulan soundtrack.

Skelington gave up on societies; family or not. All that inspires him is the desire to be left alone.