Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    IMO, they just need to fix the stout on the female worgen and the eyes. The eyes are really whats terrible about female worgen. Too much cartoon, not enough ferocious. IMO, alpha eyes with live would fix it.
    Thee alpha eyes look a little too masculine for female worgen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    Really, my greatest, GREATEST issue with the derpchihuahua was that shortly before Cata was released, Blizzard told us that the female worgen were unfinished. No changes, none that I noticed, where added to them when Cata went live. So, we all payed for an expansion where the new races were the biggest feature, with one of the race/gender combos being unfinished.

I do believe Blizzard owes it to us to fix them up.
    Yeah, there was that "you don't want to see them yet" comment, after which point the only changes made seemed to be those necessary to make them nominally playable. Additionally, shortly before they let us see the alpha model, I seem to recall them saying "we have the female worgen almost ready, and she looks great!"

Also, I played with WoW Model Viewer, and my alpha ended up with the same wary face. Yay! XD Guess I like yellow-eyed worgen, as all my males have the same face.
    I liked that face because it just worked for a sneaky calculating rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    I play a female worgen and don't think they need polished up. I love them as they are
    Well, here's the thing: I love the lithe, sassy female trolls...but I can still recognize that the model is just plain bad.

Even just on a basic mechanical level, female worgen need work. Among other things, their torsos collapse in on themselves during mutilate animations, and their arms bend the wrong way on a motorbike.

Thee alpha eyes look a little too masculine for female worgen imo.
    ...wait, what? Having the choice of no eyeshadow or mascara if you didn't want it = masculine?

Their eyes are too masculine? ... What?

Those are based on the eyes of real life wolves! They even have long eyelashes! How in the world are they masculine?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love If they gave the Worgen some work, I think they really missed the mark. The females especially need some reworking. Besides that, they gotta hit up the older models first, then the bc models next.

Deleted
    /Mourn

I would love for the alpha worgen females to come back, but the outlook is not so good, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    The alpha female worgen model was a great start. My only problem with it was that it was too... generic I guess. It was just a wolf girl, not a worgen. But it is MUCH better than the derpchihuahua we have now. Refine the alpha, give it the trademark worgen canines, and give it a scruff or mane instead of wigs, maybe even thicken the body a bit, and it would've been perfect. It had a proud, classy look the derpchihuahua doesn't have. It looked intelligent, and it was beautiful (real wolves are beautiful in my opinion, so I've no problem with the female worgen being beautiful), but it was still capable of looking vicious in battle.

And anyone who says the alpha model looked like a fox or feline, and that the current model resembles a wolf better needs to be smacked with a National Geographic magazine. Several times.

Edit: By the way, new person here. Hi!
    Back during the beta I put my meager Photoshop skills to the task of refining the alpha model, and came up with this:

I'm no artist. I basically pasted on the mane from the male model and lengthened the teeth. I know Blizzard could do much better than this, but I doubt they will make the effort at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Well, here's the thing: I love the lithe, sassy female trolls...but I can still recognize that the model is just plain bad.

Even just on a basic mechanical level, female worgen need work. Among other things, their torsos collapse in on themselves during mutilate animations, and their arms bend the wrong way on a motorbike.

...wait, what? Having the choice of no eyeshadow or mascara if you didn't want it = masculine?
    The model isn't just plain bad. Perhaps it could be modified to please a certain group of people more but it's overall still a very good model. Maybe you have a point with animations.. I haven't noticed it. I think in general they look pretty bad on land mounts and running wild is kinda awesome so i use that but i get it... passenger mounts etc.

The eye is pretty masculine. Cover everything but the eye and ask yourself if its male or female. If you want your char to look like a real life wolf then sure the eyes aren't exactly accurate but are Worgen really just wolves? I don't think they are and I like that the eyes are much more distinctly feminine.
    Last edited by gortz; 2011-11-28 at 04:45 AM.

The model isn't just plain bad. Perhaps it could be modified to please a certain group of people more but it's overall still a very good model. Maybe you have a point with animations.. I haven't noticed it. I think in general they look pretty bad on land mounts and running wild is kinda awesome so i use that but i get it... passenger mounts etc.

The eye is masculine for sure. Cover everything but the eye and ask yourself if its male or female. If you want your char to look like a real life wolf then sure the eyes aren't exactly accurate but are Worgen really just wolves? I don't think they are and I like that the eyes are much more distinctly feminine.
    Er... What makes a "feminine" eye different from a "masculine" one?

Nice quote while editing.

Anyways, you could argue it's not clear either way and for that reason it's bad. I'm not a wolf expert and i dont think its really relevant pointing out small details in wolves eyes. Look at what blizzard are trying to do with the male eyes in comparison to the female. The male worgen eye is clearly defined as being male and the female is clearly defined as female. I get it, you want it to look more like real wolf eyes.. but it ain't gonna happen in any model update.

Deleted
    The breathing. oh god the breathing.

Nice quote while editing.

Anyways, you could argue it's not clear either way and for that reason it's bad. I'm not a wolf expert and i dont think its really relevant pointing out small details in wolves eyes. Look at what blizzard are trying to do with the male eyes in comparison to the female. The male worgen eye is clearly defined as being male and the female is clearly defined as female. I get it, you want it to look more like real wolf eyes.. but it ain't gonna happen in any model update.
    you didnt answer the question. In comparison to the males the females eyes are quite a bit wider and more expressive, conveying emotion besides "pure rage". Female & male tauren have about the same difference, the only difference between nelfs is the glow color... If it takes a sultry half lidded look and heavy makeup to look feminine, id hate to see what you think of other races...

If you take a look at the picture rachel so kindly posted on page 3, you will observe that the current female worgen is the only female with such a marked difference between her male counterpart. In comparison with the males eyes, the alphas are quite feminine.
    Last edited by starlord; 2011-11-28 at 05:07 AM.

It's buggier than most vanilla models. I'd call that "just plain bad" all by itself. Also, while it's got a ton of face options in theory, it really has one in practice.

"Modified to please a certain group of people," you say? Would that "certain group of people," by any chance, be those of us who'd prefer a female worgen model that actually matched the theme of the race? Because Blizzard even seems to think that it got a generally bad reception.

The eye is pretty masculine. Cover everything but the eye and ask yourself if its male or female. If you want your char to look like a real life wolf then sure the eyes aren't exactly accurate but are Worgen really just wolves? I don't think they are and I like that the eyes are much more distinctly feminine.
    Darenyon called it. Does an eye require mascara and heavy lids with pink eyeshadow to not look "masculine" to you?
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2011-11-28 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you didnt answer the question. In comparison to the males the females eyes are quite a bit wider and more expressive, conveying emotion besides "pure rage". Female & male tauren have about the same difference, the only difference between nelfs is the glow color... If it takes a sultry half lidded look and heavy makeup to look feminine, id hate to see what you think of other races...
    Can we stop pulling at straws now? Maybe that's precisely something blizzard intend to change when they update the older models. Obviously the eyes aren't exclusively what defines them as male or female but that just doesn't matter because that's what blizzard decided to do with male/female worgen and goblin models. I think its very likely blizzard decide to follow this theme when they update the older models - maybe not all or to such an extent, but more defining. Personally, I like it.

For those who "havent noticed" bugs (i assume because they dont play one very much if at all)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1297551403
    That one also occurs while levitating.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nclipping.jpg/
    Last edited by starlord; 2011-11-28 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    For those who "havent noticed" bugs (i assume because they dont play one very much if at all)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1297551403

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nclipping.jpg/
    She's trying to gnaw off her own arms!........Can't blame her.

Can we stop pulling at straws now? Maybe that's precisely something blizzard intend to change when they update the older models.
    What, pile what looks like a ton of overdone makeup on every female model in the game, lest someone mistake them for male? Considering the reaction to female worgen, and the reaction to Jaina Proudmoore's new model, I sincerely doubt you'd get many people considering that a change for the better.

Obviously the eyes aren't exclusively what defines them as male or female but that just doesn't matter because that's what blizzard decided to do with male/female worgen and goblin models. I think its very likely blizzard decide to follow this theme when they update the older models - maybe not all or to such an extent, but more defining. Personally, I like it.
    What are you talking about? Female goblins have face options that don't have makeup.

Then again, that's because female goblins have face options. Worgen in general are nowhere near the model quality of goblins, and this is especially true of the females.

It's buggier than most vanilla models. I'd call that "just plain bad" all by itself. Also, while it's got a ton of face options in theory, it really has one in practice.

"Modified to please a certain group of people," you say? Would that "certain group of people," by any chance, be those of us who'd prefer a female worgen model that actually matched the theme of the race? Because Blizzard even seems to think that it got a generally bad reception.
    I'd argue that the model does match the theme of the race very well.

I meant that you can't please everyone.. if you change a model one way, people somewhere else will want it a different way. Anyway, link blizzard post.

Darenyon called it. Does an eye require mascara and heavy lids with pink eyeshadow to not look "masculine" to you?
    No. It certainly looks more feminine with it though, doesn't it? That's what they went for here, get over it.

For more fun, watch a female worgen while shes doing the talk animation.. Her brow will actually clip down over her eyes.

I can look at the alpha models and tell which ones are meant to be more feminine than others...they would be the ones with thick eyelashes at the corners.

I'm just not how you think the Steve Buischimi eyes of the current model look feminine.

The extra bar on the customization should be for tails.