Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will garrosh be possessed by old gods?

Just a thought seeing as it has been a common theme. I just feel they need to somehow make garrosh more powerful seeing that as of now varian could maybe solo him, so how does he become a big boss we all need to team up on to defeat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matnisi View Post
    Just a thought seeing as it has been a common theme. I just feel they need to somehow make garrosh more powerful seeing that as of now varian could maybe solo him, so how does he become a big boss we all need to team up on to defeat?
    I would guess it would be more of a Sha possession. Unless the Sha are Old God minions, then no. If they are, then yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking he will be possessed by the Sha. At this point it is looking doubtful that the Old Gods will appear in MoP.

As for what the Sha are, it looks like Pandaria is simply a magical realm whose inhabitants are able to manifest the emotions in a physical sense. So the Sha would be more like Darth Vaders apparition on Dagoba during Empire Strikes Back than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    He is most certainly possessed by his own arrogance.

maybe by the "sha", which could be connected to the old gods.

I have a feeling they'll try to tie it to pandaria somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Has anyone played Dragon Age 2? If so, remember the Meredith and the Idol of Crazy? ... Either that, the Sha or Garrosh has simply utterly lost it, "Wolfheart" kinda showed that he was already fairly mentally unstable....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

K, I was just thinking perhaps the sha turnout to be some sort of old gOd spawn

"It's just a front, and the events that transpire there, and the way it crescendoes, it leads directly to the Alliance and Horde going crazy, like the things that we find and the truth that we find kind of kicks things into overdrive geopolitically. There's a power there that shouldn't fall into, uh, some people's hands. So you know, I guess I forgot what your original question was."

Likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there has to be some sort of possession though, whatever form it may come in. Garrosh is ultimately just an Orc. It wouldn't be much of an encounter unless he was given some sort of extraordinary powers.

Deleted
    fink he finally just snapped and went crazy war hungry dictator on us and we gotta deal with it..

It's quite possible that the alliance vs horde conflict will escalate so much that he feels he has to get more power in order to defeat them, and in doing so he finds an old god who promises him great power and he ends up being completely corrupted by this god. Thrall finds out that this happens and forms a group to storm ogrimmar to defeat garrosh (or free him from the old god) and the Alliance does the same because why not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he decided it would be a good idea to take the splinters of Frostmourne which just so nicely "disappeared" after Arthas was killed and nobody seemed to miss and reforge them into his Axe?
    Dawwwwwww

No he is just a massive tool.

Guys, He'll totally be posessed by Kael'thas Sunstrider.
    "WAS MERELY A SETBACK"
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Maybe he decided it would be a good idea to take the splinters of Frostmourne which just so nicely "disappeared" after Arthas was killed and nobody seemed to miss and reforge them into his Axe?
    Considering how he reacted to Sylvanas and her Val'kyr, I can't see him being the one to take Frostmourne's shards.

I did notice that "Unwary mortals can also become possessed by negative Sha energy, becoming embodiments of pure anger or fear." That could be the cause, but seeing as he's already executing Goblins for delivering bad news in the Horde Pandaren intro, I'm not so sure.

It could just be as simple as "power corrupts".

Garrosh dies

Chen Stormstout becomes new Guardian of Tirisfal

Jaina becomes new Warchief after casting Spell of Green Illusion Lal rank 8

Thrall becomes new president of the Brew of the Month club

6.0 launches

---- I say this as a joke, but the scary thing here is that it actually might fucking happen!
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Frankly, I've thought Garrosh has looked a little 'old godsy' ever since his new model debuted. *He used to look like a big brown orc- now he's this weird quasi-purple behemoth with giant arms and a hugely enlarged lower jaw. *He's a couple eyes away from looking like Cho'gal.

Well im mostly just curious because they need to make Garrosh become powerful enough for it to require (presumably) the combined forces of both the horde and alliance armies/leaders plus us players, now they could do this in a few ways, because as of now he would be no match for varian+voljin+thrall, the list goes on.
    1. Garrosh finds some weapon/artifact that makes him go super saiyan
    2. Garrosh is corrupted by old gods
    3. Garrosh is corrupted by Sha, although I'm not exactly sure just how powerful these things are supposed to be yet

If possession is involed I'm definitely going to go with Sha possession. We already have an example of the Mantid queen being possessed by the Sha of Fear, so there already is precedent for this sort of thing.

If the Sha are connected with the Old Gods, which I seriously doubt considering the words "Old God" has yet to be mentioned by Blizzard in relation to MoP in any capacity, then I suppose that would qualify as Old God possession in a sense.

Now mind you just because he's possessed by a Sha doesn't mean he isn't responsible for his actions. It's likely his own excessively warlike nature that made him vulnerable to Sha-possession in the first place, and it may be impossible to kill the Sha without killing Garrosh.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way (Sha or Old Gods), I want to kill him!