Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only suggest THIS.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Deleted
    What do you guys think about razor megeledon, are they good and what is the best headset for about 200$

Don't think it's "the best", but I am using a Plantronics around the neck style. It has an adapter to use it as USB, or plug right into the audio/mic ports. Cost $35.00 4 years ago when I bought it. Sounds great, lightweight and people hear me fine. Tho not wireless, that does not bug me. Cords are out of the way. I tried a few, and some were just huge and ridiculous to wear. Namely that Warcraft one.

Last edited by Nazdreg; 2011-11-26 at 04:09 PM.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

It honestly depends on personal preference, they're all decent, for instance, I prefer the
    Razer Carcharias: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153043
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    i will buy megeledon

I don't have one personally, but I've used my friend's Turtle Beach headset and loved it. Here are their PC headsets: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...-headsets.aspx and here are their Xbox headsets (some of which are also PC compatible): http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...-headsets.aspx

I specifically recommend the X11, which is what he has: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-x11.aspx

I've had a wireless headset in the past, and I find them to be overrated.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-11-26 at 04:25 PM.

Has anyone had any experience with the Arctic Cooling AC-P531? Thinking of buying them.

I've had my Sennheiser HD 555's for 3 years now and I absolutely love the sound quality. The only downside is that they are prone to stress cracks along the base of the bridge just from putting them on and taking them off. While the cracks are only cosmetic, they can get pretty bad. The only other "problem" is that you have to buy a standing mic, which I honestly much prefer over having an attached one. However, I still recommend these to everyone I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toshax View Post
    I've had my Sennheiser HD 555's for 3 years now and I absolutely love the sound quality. The only downside is that they are prone to stress cracks along the base of the bridge just from putting them on and taking them off. While the cracks are only cosmetic, they can get pretty bad. The only other "problem" is that you have to buy a standing mic, which I honestly much prefer over having an attached one. However, I still recommend these to everyone I know.
    There's a two year warranty and Senn are well aware of the cracking issues on 555, I believe they fixed it with the 558 (replacement upgrade for 555).
    Tried modding yours btw?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Any headphones that have its own built-in sound card and mic (detachable) with USB and isn't wireless and has sound-dampening/noise-canceling (either by design or technology). That's the "best". Any headset w/o sound-dampening/noise-canceling is a waste of headset. That's where you should start looking.

Earphones/buds + standing mic is a much better choice if you already have a sound card honestly. Easier maintenance/replacement and less worry about head/ear aches. If you're not worried about privacy, just don't even bother with a headset and get an earpiece "headset".

I used a Plantronics headset for so long and thought I was happy with it (I was with sound quality due to the built-in soundcard and my old computer not having a good one). One day I went out and bought some 10-20$ Sony earbuds for my PSP and I never looked back (mainly because my current computer has Dynaudio / THX).

A good deal of problems with headphones/sets these days is that your experience with them is limited unless you have the "proper" setup. They should start having a minimum/recommended spec list the way they do with other software/hardware products. People throwing around "HD" also annoys the crap outta me.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using the same Razer Megalodon for the past year and a half and have no issues with it. Definitely worth it.

Great list. wish i would have search more before i bought my POS world of warcraft one looks cool but its junk.

I am stil using my http://www.amazon.de/Creative-FATAL1...2351793&sr=8-1
    i think it's amazing for that price and it's nearly indestructible. Everyday im driving with my Chair over the cable and it's stil fully intact.
    Oh, and it's 4 years old now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DestroStew View Post
    I am stil using my http://www.amazon.de/Creative-FATAL1...2351793&sr=8-1
    i think it's amazing for that price and it's nearly indestructible. Everyday im driving with my Chair over the cable and it's stil fully intact.
    Oh, and it's 4 years old now.
    Took me 6 months and a LAN party to get my fatal1ty headset smashed.

my G35 has been alive for 2 years and going, so if you want a headset which can live through anything, that's a great choice.

Do any of you own the Corsair Hs1? I'm thinking about grabbing one for a good price (50 bucks) someone give me some insight.

Deleted
    Im really satisfied with my megalodon .

Deleted
    What about astro a 40

Astros, or PX500 by turtle beach if you want the "best gaming headset". Beats by Dre if you want the best headset.

Interesting because everyone I've ever talked to who knew about audio said Beats were garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the razer carchias its perfect i have had one since christmas of last year and nothing is wrong with it
    also it feels great on the ears and head unlike the Logitech ones because they use pleather which will make your ears sweat terribly
    So get a razer they are the best