Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Any headphones that have its own built-in sound card and mic (detachable) with USB and isn't wireless and has sound-dampening/noise-canceling (either by design or technology). That's the "best". Any headset w/o sound-dampening/noise-canceling is a waste of headset. That's where you should start looking.
    Built in sounds cards are invariably crap. Most Active noise cancelling is crap, especially the beats line. Open headphones (ex: Sennheiser HD650) give the best soundstage. Don't knock something you haven't tried.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also looking for a new headset so I decided to pop into this thread rather than making my own. Bought Sennheiser PC 131's, but their design was too uncomfortable for my ears. Using a pair of HD201's for listening now.

I'm looking for a new headset. While the headset will be used for gaming & skype, it's primary use will be for music (Most of my sound intensive gaming happens on console). Music is a large part of my life and I am and will always be listening to music if I am on my comp, so sound quality is a high priority for me. Preferably over ear also.

I'm also considering Rayoshi's idea, which is simply attaching a mic boom to the headset. So far the PC 350's seem like my choice for this Christmas, but they are rather expensive. A $150 max like the OP would be nice also.

Thanks!
    EDIT: Also considering Razor Chimera, purely for the PC/Xbox compatibility. Would be very convenient assuming the sound quality isn't garbage. Even then though this is unlikely, rather just get like this

Edit2: That true Muya? ...................... /wrist. Can't wait for your feedback though =p
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2011-11-27 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should've jumped on the Black Friday sale for newegg if you live in the states. They had the PC350 on sale for $110(and tax, if applicable). It seems like newegg isn't going to be carrrying the higher end Sennheiser gear though, because the PC350 is already deactivated. Same with the PC360.

I was in the neighborhood for a new headset as well. And I'm actually kind of glad I had to get up at 4 am on Friday to get ready for work. Otherwise I would've missed that awesome deal. I'll let you know what I think of the headset Kurd. Should be here late Monday/early Tuesday depending on the actual shipping.

I could've actually gone to pick it up, because the warehouse is only about 30 minutes away from me, but I'd waste more money on gas than the actual shipping....because the shipping was free. (And I'm not the kind of person that goes 'OMG MUST HAVE NOW' either)
    Last edited by Muya; 2011-11-27 at 08:07 AM.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

I guess I'll hop in on this thread also, as I have been looking into purchasing a new headset as well. I personally have been looking into the Steelseries 7H Headset.

I have a Creative Fatal1ty series sound card, so am I correct in assuming 3.5mm connection would be better than USB?

Does anyone have feedback regarding this headset? I personally use my headsets for Gaming, Music, and Movies, so I would like something that covers all three uses fairly well.

I love my carcharias. Girlfriend loves hers too. Only thing I hate about it, is you have to play with the setting in skype, and windows to get the mic to not be full of static, but once you have it set up, you wont have to set it up again (provided you don't do a system restart, or uninstall skype and it's settings). That said though, I don't think there is a BEST. I mean there are all kinds, USB, analog, wireless. Will you play game sound through them? Just chat? Depends on what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiballa View Post
    I guess I'll hop in on this thread also, as I have been looking into purchasing a new headset as well. I personally have been looking into the Steelseries 7H Headset.

I have a Creative Fatal1ty series sound card, so am I correct in assuming 3.5mm connection would be better than USB?

Does anyone have feedback regarding this headset? I personally use my headsets for Gaming, Music, and Movies, so I would like something that covers all three uses fairly well.
    Your question about sound card: If you have one, 3.5mm is always better than USB.

It all depends on what you're after. The 7H won't give you the best sound. And good sound is always good sound, whether it's for music or for gaming.
    The 7H is supposedly nice for gaming. Less so music. If you're not willing to do extensive research and are not super-extremely picky like I, you're likely to get satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degausser View Post
    1) No, not even a headset
    2) No

Both terrible for gaming, issues plaguing the Megalodon.

Where is Creative Fatal1ty?
    Last edited by Mister K; 2011-11-27 at 05:42 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    1) No, not even a headset
    2) No

Both terrible for gaming, issues plaguing the Megalodon.

Where is Creative Fatal1ty?
    If you mean the Megalodon dieing out until you replug, there's a firmware upgrade for that.

I've been using the Megalodon for about 1 and a half years now and I absolutely love them. I loathe anyone suggesting against the Razer Megalodon because they're absolutely terrific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    If you mean the Megalodon dieing out until you replug, there's a firmware upgrade for that.

I've been using the Megalodon for about 1 and a half years now and I absolutely love them. I loathe anyone suggesting against the Razer Megalodon because they're absolutely terrific.
    No, there are sometimes sound issues, sound popping on some of the hardware they ship out. The overall sound quality is not amazing and the mic sound is decent but could be better for the price you are paying.

There are better headphones out there, with £50 more you can get something way better then Megalodon.
    -K

I've had a WoW headset for about a year and I love it, but it's starting to die, and I wanted to get something a bit better.

I got a Logitech G930 last night and I've had nothing but problems. Surround doesn't seem to work right for anything, if I turn surround off, the balance gets majorly shifted to the left or the right, so I have to deal with this really weird echo effect. Besides that, I'm pretty sure the Logitech Gaming Software (which worked great for my keyboard) is making my computer crash. Are these things any good and I'm just doing it wrong, or is there a set I should have gotten instead?
    When I say you are a monster,
    When I set fire to your name,
    It does not matter where they hear it from,
    Whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same!

Deleted
    A G35 / G930 (same, but wireless) are both total awesome headsets, both in soundquality as in 7.1 surround. The sound will remain pure, no matter how loud you put it. Easy to attach by USB.

The only downside to this :
    I have sensitive ears, in a way they get easily irritated by moist and itch.
    The Logitech G series headset completely shut you off from the outside world due the earshells they use, which is incredible for the intensity of gaming, but for me personal i HAVE to put the headset off for 5 mins after each 30 mins. of gaming because of the limited airflow in your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuefairchild View Post
    I got a Logitech G930 last night and I've had nothing but problems. Surround doesn't seem to work right for anything, if I turn surround off, the balance gets majorly shifted to the left or the right, so I have to deal with this really weird echo effect.
    6 of my friends bought the same headset and never had any problems with it, the balance shift thing is right, but why would you use it for stereo anyway? In any circumstance the 7.1 setting works awesome.
    Perhaps get the latest drivers if not already?
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2011-11-28 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    The sound will remain pure, no matter how loud you put it. Easy to attach by USB.
    I have to disagree there. I'm getting a LOT of distortion when the volume is all the way up. What are you doing with yours? Anything special?
    When I say you are a monster,
    When I set fire to your name,
    It does not matter where they hear it from,
    Whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same!

Fuzzeekee
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this sony gaming headset yet. It's easily as good as my G35, probably doesn't break at the swivels either: http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...Number=DRGA200

Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    A G35 / G930 (same, but wireless) are both total awesome headsets, both in soundquality as in 7.1 surround. The sound will remain pure, no matter how loud you put it. Easy to attach by USB.

The only downside to this :
    I have sensitive ears, in a way they get easily irritated by moist and itch.
    The Logitech G series headset completely shut you off from the outside world due the earshells they use, which is incredible for the intensity of gaming, but for me personal i HAVE to put the headset off for 5 mins after each 30 mins. of gaming because of the limited airflow in your ears.

6 of my friends bought the same headset and never had any problems with it, the balance shift thing is right, but why would you use it for stereo anyway? In any circumstance the 7.1 setting works awesome.
    Perhaps get the latest drivers if not already?
    I actually ordered the G930 and expecting it to arrive later on today. Hopefully I picked the right headset.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuefairchild View Post
    I have to disagree there. I'm getting a LOT of distortion when the volume is all the way up. What are you doing with yours? Anything special?
    Nothing special, just attached through USB2.0, the latest drivers and good togo.
    Works like a charm, from day 1. Frankly i think your echo's and stuff you experience would be a setting in the G35/G930 software.

Only probs i have once in a while that my mic wont work on push-to-talk in mumble / ventrilo, this is just fixable by unplugging and pluggin the headset.
    Other then that, big phat thumbs up for the thing.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2011-11-28 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtsparkles View Post
    At one point nearly half my old guild uses a G35. I own a G35, and after about a year of me being rough with it and treating it like shit, one of the ear speakers fell off the headband. I went to a store, paid with cash, had no receipt, and no serial code on my headset, but after calling Logitech support they offered to replace it free of charge to me with a brand new one.

I highly recommend the G35 and Logitech service in general. Otherwise I'd go with the Steelseries Siberia v2, which is also an outstanding headset. Avoid anything Razer like the plague, they make some shoddy, shaky products.
    Been using a G35 for a year now, and I've abused it plenty. Still works perfectly. I've stepped on it twice and it didn't break. I weigh about 120kg, by the way.

Definitely recommend avoiding Razer products. I have had nothing but bad luck with them, and so has my brother. I know some people swear by their products, but Logitech's high-end stuff is about the same price and is incredibly reliable, so why even bother with Razer?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Anyone have any reviews on the Asus gaming headset? I've always been a fan of their PC components, but have never personally used any of their peripherals.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiballa View Post
    Anyone have any reviews on the Asus gaming headset? I've always been a fan of their PC components, but have never personally used any of their peripherals.
    Which ASUS gaming headset? I had no idea there was one.
    Except the ASUS Xonar Xense, of course, but that's a Sennheiser one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my PC350s and I've been playing with them. Holy....fxxxing crap.

tetris, I believe you now when you say that the PC 360 you own is probably the best headset you've ever experienced. After going from $40 dollar headsets (only 1 of which I really liked and was pretty decent quality, but they discontinued it or overpriced the crap out of it) to a Sennheiser....it's a change beyond description.

They apply a little bit of pressure on the side of your head to make sure that the sound seal is there (and it hurts a slight amount right now because I'm sick and congested as hell) and are really, really comfortable around the ears. I have a feeling I'm never going to own another headset....this thing is just too amazing.

The sound quality is great, the cord is really, really long and the overall comfort of it is miles ahead of anything else I've owned.

I can say now....I'm definitely glad I splurged on these when I saw them for $110.

Edit - Also....someone thought it would be cute to drop a small package of coffee on the very top of the packaging. I'm not really a fan of coffee though, so I guess it's the thought that counts? And with that thought....gonna go heat myself up some Theraflu.

Edit 2 - And the bass is a little weak. Just like other people have said. Nothing a little tweaking won't fix though.
    Last edited by Muya; 2011-11-30 at 03:05 AM.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD