Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycab View Post
    That is true. I want to know how a company with less than a million subscribers that makes way less cash then blizz can afford to release patches so frequently with a shit load of content. I don't play rift nor will i probably ever play rift but I give trion a ton of respect for this.
    Quick grab and less issues with people.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quality > Quantitiy imo,

Why the hell would I pay $15 monthly to play the same dungeons and raids for 6 months when I could get my moneys worth playing something that does?
    Why do you? If you dont feel you are getting your money's worth, then why play? I dont see the logic in paying for a game you aren't enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Quality > Quantitiy imo,
    If you have A SINGLE hotfix after 4.3 releases I will drag up this thread I swear I am sick and tired of this idiotic excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Oh really? Like so big they take months to complete, or do you mean bigger than 4.1?
    4.1 was a part of 4.2 that got split off because it was ready long before Firelands itself was.

Why is everything that is criticizing blizzard called bitching with you people? I know blizzard is capable of greater content patches then we are currently getting. And if we are getting a raid with recycled landscapes a bosses then I expect them to be released earlier.
    You people? Wow. It is more like badgering.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

That is true. I want to know how a company with less than a million subscribers that makes way less cash then blizz can afford to release patches so frequently with a shit load of content. I don't play rift nor will i probably ever play rift but I give trion a ton of respect for this.
    You seem to believe their patches are flawless and bug-free. If even one patch was, I'd be shocked beyond belief. If anyone remembers back to the patch for BWL back in Classic... the raid was not tested on the PTR.... and was beyond buggy for the first like 1-2 months.

OT: They take so long to make sure as many possible bugs are eliminated before releasing it. Blizzard are known perfectionists, as far as product development goes. They constantly want to make sure that the product they release is the best they can make it be (despite what the public may say about it otherwise).

Blizzard has stated before that the game's engine is part of the reason... small changes have untold cascading effects. The engine also makes doing certain things difficult to do.

Example: Can't Heroic Leap up inclines, but in SW:TOR you can Force Jump up a cliff's edge if you want, provided you got LoS. Matter of game engine development.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-11-22 at 04:21 AM.

Of course I feel entitled to patches because I pay an subscription fee. It is the only reason TO PAY an subscription fee for an mmo. Why the hell would I pay $15 monthly to play the same dungeons and raids for 6 months when I could get my moneys worth playing something that does? Are you satisfied with the content patches that we receive? Am I the only one who expects more from blizzard?
    No. You pay a subscription fee because you are using live servers supplied by Blizzard to utilize your game play. If this were a console game, where you had to pay monthly even though the game was never changed or updated, then you might have an argument. As it happens, this is not the case for WoW and you don't. Also, nowhere in the terms and agreements does Blizzard state you are entitled to an update. They pretty much word things in a way that says, "You agree to play this, as it is, knowing it may change at any given moment or may never be updated again, and that we basically reserve the right to do whatever we damn well please with it." If that's not your cup of tea, why did you electronically agree to the ToS and why are you still playing.

I enjoy the time between patches. It gives me time to get the gear I want and achieve anything I want to achieve before the next patch is thrown at me. If my gear is constantly outdated because we receive a new raid every 1-2 months, then what would be the point of ilevels and raiding tiers at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

OT: They take so long to make sure as many possible bugs are eliminated before releasing it. Blizzard are known perfectionists, as far as product development goes. They constantly want to make sure that the product they release is the best they can make it be (despite what the public may say about it otherwise).

Blizzard has stated before that the game's engine is part of the reason... small changes have untold cascading effects. The engine also makes doing certain things difficult to do.
    Is this why Ulduar crashed the WoW servers for 18 hours when they released it because they are such perfectionist?

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Blizzard likes to add quality rather than quantity and it's worked for them well so far.
    At what point is quality not greater than quantity? 6 bosses per patch? 4?

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Quality > Quantitiy imo,
    same question to you? At what point? 3 new zones? 2?

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is this why Ulduar crashed the WoW servers for 18 hours when they released it because they are such perfectionist?
    Dragons and beast of all sorts with heroes upon their backs, blackened the sky that day.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-11-22 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They test what they can on the PTR. The live servers, however, aren't content they can stick on the PTR for testing. What happened couldn't have been predicted by the PTR--and do note that it hasn't happened again since.

Originally Posted by stuck4cash
    Blizzard likes to add quality rather than quantity and it's worked for them well so far.
    really? please tell me how rehashing old content is quality

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    4.1 was a part of 4.2 that got split off because it was ready long before Firelands itself was.
    That does widen the gap then between 4.0 and 4.2, to more than half a year, or so.

I thought that was Blizzards plan though, to put out smaller patches faster, like 4.1 and 4.2. Somehow 4.3 deviated from that, though - instead of breaking apart dungeons and the raid again. Possibly intentional for competition reasons I would suppose (can't be certain though).

I would believe the whole Quality > quantity argument when we are actually getting quality patches. We are getting less then we have gotten in WOTLK for the same cost and what I believe to be inferior quality.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyquinn View Post
    Cause they aren't Trion
    Trion's content patch cycle will more than likely slow down once the first expansion is released. The reason that they are released so quickly now is that most of the content patches were probably meant to ship with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    That does widen the gap then between 4.0 and 4.2, to more than half a year, or so.

I thought that was Blizzards plan though, to put out smaller patches faster, like 4.1 and 4.2. Somehow 4.3 deviated from that, though - instead of breaking apart dungeons and the raid again. Possibly intentional for competition reasons I would suppose (can't be certain though).
    They probably split 4.1 in two because they intentionally delayed Firelands. They aren't delaying Dragon Soul, as far as we know, so there isn't a need to release the five-mans early. Plus, in this case the five-mans are directly related to the raid, so it makes less sense from a story perspective as well.

Before WoW free content patches were unheard of.

Dragons and beast of all sorts with heroes upon their backs, blackened the sky that day.
    or it could be because the servers just couldnt handle the awesomeness that came with ulduar and it ended with them crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Before WoW free content patches were unheard of.
    Before WoW you were lucky to get even bug fix patches more than once every 6 months when the latest expansion was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Before WoW you were lucky to get even bug fix patches more than once every 6 months when the latest expansion was released.
    before websites there were bulletin boards..