Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Totalbiscuit and Character Creation

TB has started covering the Swtor beta and plans to show off much more content as he did with the Cataclysm Beta. He's some excellent coverage on character creation by the guy himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet!! I've been waiting for TB to finally get some TOR videos out!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrawn was a chiss! Total Biscuit gets 1 point for lore.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    I thought he said he was gonna play GW2 and not TOR.
    He said he was going to play both.

13:40+
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Interesting. Total Biscuit still annoys me but it was an informative preview of the different Species and character creation.

Been waiting for ToR videos from TB, now for Jesse Cox to start making them and I'll be super happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does the fat body model look really bad ass in consular robes?

Female Character Creation is terrible.

Only very minor body changes available. There are no fat females, there are no very tall or shot females. Only slight variations in curves.

Yet some people always insist that females have better options/models in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Female Character Creation is terrible.

Only very minor body changes available. There are no fat females, there are no very tall or shot females. Only slight variations in curves.

Yet some people always insist that females have better options/models in games.
    Beta is beta don't get all pissed before the game is even released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female body type 4 is HOTDAMN HOT. That's all I have to say.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

This is the one problem I have had with TOR, the character creation is pretty bad. My main gripe was most of the hair styles are bad (at least while creating a Sith Pureblood) and the body's need a medium between 2 and 3 instead of going from normal sized guy to 9 foot tall steroid addict.

Also, to be noted, he said at the beginning "what they look like when they start off" or something along those lines, you do not start off with that armor.
    Last edited by Merrena; 2011-11-21 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of funny there are no real fat female body types. Is Bioware trying to say that there are no fat chicks in the future?

Technically it would be "a long long time ago in a galaxy far away" that would have no fat chicks

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    This is the one problem I have had with TOR, the character creation is pretty bad. My main gripe was most of the hair styles are bad and the body's need a medium between 2 and 3 instead of going from normal sized guy to 9 foot tall steroid addict.

Also, to be noted, he said at the beginning "what they look like when they start off" or something along those lines, you do not start off with that armor.
    Have to agree with all of this.

The armor they use in the creation area is there to give you an idea of what they will look like. I think there are some armor skins that look like those, but nothing I have seen at the higher end of the game.

I do have to say, he really didn't sound like he had any real idea on what he was talking about at first. Granted, the highest char of his I saw was only level 10, so can't really expect much. All in all, he did an decent job of showing this. While the CC is fairly limited, there are some fluff sections in it that can help you make your char look... can't really say unique, but different.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering George Lucas said to Carrie Fisher (leia) during the filming of star wars, not to wear underwear as "there is no underwear in space". It doesn't surprise me that there are "No fat females in space."

I thought he said he was gonna play GW2 and not TOR.
    He said he'd be doing videos for both, but when GW2 goes into beta and then releases, he'll be focusing on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    Beta is beta don't get all pissed before the game is even released.
    No you're right. Critical changes are definitely going to go live in the 20 or so days left before launch. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius View Post

13:40+
    All I can say is: Totalbiscuit needs to grow a mustache.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's kind of funny there are no real fat female body types. Is Bioware trying to say that there are no fat chicks in the future?
    past... Star Wars takes place a gazillion years ag, in a galaxy far, far away ....

on topic, I still think it looks very plasticy yuck....
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-11-21 at 11:18 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Most of the customization for character creation is the head only. The body has 4 settings, that's it.

So the constant zoom out gets really anoying XD Can't see a darn thing.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!