Predict the 1.7 release date

So I know Ember Isle has not released yet and that is a epic crap ton of content by itself, but with 1.6 coming on Nov 16th I am wondering is it possible to establish a predictable pattern from Trion:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%28video_game%29

1.1 - 3/30/2011 - 30 days from launch date
    . This update held a world event that emphasized death rifts and added a new 20-man raid, The River of Souls

1.2 - 5/10/2011 - 41 days from 1.1
    . This update emphasized earth and fire rifts. It also introduced crafting rifts, a 5th role, slivers, and a new 10-man raid, Gilded Prophecy

1.3 - 6/22/2011 - 43 days from 1.2
    . This update emphasized water and death rifts and introduced a new 20-man raid, Hammerknell.[31] The game also introduced guild banks and synergy crystals; a new type of item that provides a customized bonus to raid-level gear

1.4 - 8/3/2011 - 42 days from 1.3
    . This update emphasized life and water rifts. This update introduced PvP rifts, alternate warfront, cross-shard LFG tool, a new epic quest line, and a new 10-man raid, Drowned Halls.

1.5 - 9/28/2011 - 56 days from 1.4
    . Features new content such as Chronicles which are entry level dungeons made for 1 to 2 players and advance the story. Veteran rewards that reward players for the amount of time they have been playing RIFT and it includes the new Planar Attunement which allows level 50 players to advance their roles further and choose what Plane they will specialize in.

1.6 - 11/16/2011 - 49 days from 1.5
    - Pretty huge update new zone, artifacts, new 10man raid and various other features described as a mini expansion

30 + 41 + 43 + 42 + 56 + 49 = 261/6 = 43.5 days per release average

ok So now that we have a average when will 1.7 most likely be and this is important because everyone expects 1.6 is the counter to SWToR. This puts 1.7 around 12/28/2011 because every Rift patch is done on a Wednesday.

This also makes sense because 1.6 has a Christmas event and it does not make sense to have that event go past 12/25/2011. I HAVE NO CLUE what is in 1.7 All I know is it will involve that zone Northeast of Droughtlands and is called Planetouched Wilds

Probably drag the xmas event on into start of new year I reckon, Rift like nearly everyone will be away from work over the xmas period

assuming that 1.6 is next wednesday, I would guess 1.7 will be somewhere around 1/4.

Doing a major patch inbetween xmas and new years doesn't seem like it would be very viable due to work stopage/slowdown most companies experience that week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to expect. Will they throw out the next patch to coincide with SWTOR release? I think releasing a new game or content patch around the holiday season isn't the smartest thing to do but what do I know.

I'd expect 1.7 in mid-late January, everyone is busy over Christmas. I wouldn't expect new zones 2 patches in a row either.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'd expect 1.7 in mid-late January, everyone is busy over Christmas. I wouldn't expect new zones 2 patches in a row either.
    It will either look like this because as you see they have done it before.

1.7 = Maelforge Raid

1.8 = Planetouched Wilds new zone

My theory is they have been working on Planetouched for maybe 1 month less then they worked on Ember Isle. I have video of me just running around Planetouched and there was nothing there. Right now it is a total guess what is there or the purpose of the zone.

All I know is Trion is very good about leaking details 2 weeks into their patches in interviews, then opening the pts for it a week later. After the amount of content I see packed into Ember Isle when it was literally a blank slate just 3 months ago I do not put anything past them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will have to be early to mid January, Trion deserves some time off. But after the holiday I expect to them to kick into high gear since they will have 2 strong competitors. Not that I am worried because they can churn out content faster than both.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I don't know what to expect. Will they throw out the next patch to coincide with SWTOR release? I think releasing a new game or content patch around the holiday season isn't the smartest thing to do but what do I know.
    I don't think so because they haven't really done it with WoW. SWTOR really isn't direct competition to Rift as it is WoW. Rift will just have to split the new people.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

I don't think so because they haven't really done it with WoW. SWTOR really isn't direct competition to Rift as it is WoW. Rift will just have to split the new people.
    My guess is with ToR coming out Trion will actually pick up the dev pace to simply keep Rifts name out there. That is the problem WoW runs into and a alot of other MMO's is news site like massively, IGN, mmorpg can only cover the same patch so many times before they stop reporting on it.

Rift has the advantage that every 40-50 days they hit you with a new patch, so that the haters have to come out of the woodwork and wonder why people are still talking about Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yeah it boggles the mind why they would release a game 5 days before chrimbo. I guess they sent out these at Bioware this year...

I would assume 1.7 wont be out till mid January. Give the dev team some time off for christmas! I honestly thought they would have struck the breaks on with the content release speed by now. Will they keep up the red hot pace for ever? While i love them for it as a Rift player i think they will spoil any future mmo i try out. They have now spoiled me I will demand new shiny every month!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Will they keep up the red hot pace for ever? While i love them for it as a Rift player i think they will spoil any future mmo i try out. They have now spoiled me I will demand new shiny every month!!!!
    I want them too. Trion has spoiled a VERY LARGE amount of the mmorpg playerbase without even realizing it by putting out these unrealistic content updates. I GUARANTEE Trion could bank more if they slowed down because the overtime alone can not be cheap.

I very often see class devs posting at like 12am in the morning. It is becoming known in the mm world as the "Trion release schedule" and they are even using it to advertise the game now.

if 1.7 is a reasonably 'minor' patch by Trion's standards (ie... a new 10man/warfront/chronicle or two), then I could see it being a regular 6week release... but if its anything major (like introducing a new gameplay mechanic like pvp rifts or chronicles/planar attunement) i'd hope for 8-10 weeks, so that it doesnt distract people from enjoying the MASSIVE patch of 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I want them too. Trion has spoiled a VERY LARGE amount of the mmorpg playerbase without even realizing it by putting out these unrealistic content updates. I GUARANTEE Trion could bank more if they slowed down because the overtime alone can not be cheap.
    I'm okay with them banking less and putting the money back into development, I'm glad Rift isn't paying for the development of 3+ games like 'that other game' is.
    I think the best thing about their rapid releases, aside from getting new shinies all the time, is that it means class balance issues never stay that way for long, everything gets evened out rather quickly.

I know we can be 90% sure that we wont see Port Scion with 1.7 but I remember listening to podcasts before launch and they said that Port Scion the zone will be coming out very shortly after launch. I'm really surprised we haven't seen it yet. When do you think we will see it? 1.8? 1.9?