Auras/Blessing of Kings/Might in MoP

So from looking at our new abilities we get while leveling up, I noticed something. Crusader Aura is a passive ability now, Aura Mastery (Now Devotion Aura) takes the place of Resistance Aura/Concentration Aura, and Dev/Ret auras are nowhere to be found. Reading more into Devotion Aura, it says that it does what aura mastery did for con before but now instead of doubling our resistance to frost, fire, and shadow, we take 20% less damage from those while it's active.

This leads me to my second point of Blessing of Kings not giving any buffs to resistance (and by extension Mark of the Wild.) And now Might will give us 5 points to Mastery. (Yes, subject to change as nothing is set in stone yet) I haven't read anywhere that Blizz had decided to throw resistances completely out the window, and they might not be, but it brings up what happens to the racials that give bonuses to them and the balancing issue of Might being insanely good for some classes and sub-par for others.

Just looking to point this out and get thoughts from others on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the skill list and talent calculator, it appear that auras will be gone completely, and from what I can tell, unless some other VERY substantial changes happen, Blessing of Might will become downright useless, providing 5 mastery as lvl81 talent...
    I won't cry foul and start an uproar, since we have zero to none information about a lot of other important stuff, but to me, this looks like a severe nerf of the class...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    According to the skill list and talent calculator, it appear that auras will be gone completely, and from what I can tell, unless some other VERY substantial changes happen, Blessing of Might will become downright useless, providing 5 mastery as lvl81 talent...
    I won't cry foul and start an uproar, since we have zero to none information about a lot of other important stuff, but to me, this looks like a severe nerf of the class...
    I hope you realize it's 5 mastery, and not 5 mastery rating. You need hundreds of mastery rating to 5 mastery. Mastery is great for some specs and classes and less good for others. But overall it is a nice buff that people will want to have with them when doing dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I hope you realize it's 5 mastery, and not 5 mastery rating. You need hundreds of mastery rating to 5 mastery. Mastery is great for some specs and classes and less good for others. But overall it is a nice buff that people will want to have with them when doing dungeons and raids.
    A buff that will never, ever scale... *sniffle* RIP good Blessing of Might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Right, my mistake. Thank you for pointing that out. In that case, it'll be more useful than it currently is (though some healers might feel cheated out of mana regeneration)
    I'd still like to know what's going to happen to auras, though.

Honestly, I'm sad to see auras go. But they were a rather brainless mechanic. Holy always used res, everyone else would put up devo. And all the others were useless for pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Honestly, I'm sad to see auras go. But they were a rather brainless mechanic. Holy always used res, everyone else would put up devo. And all the others were useless for pve.
    Well, that might be, but to me, they felt like something that belongs to a paladin, and something unique-ish (I know, I know...) the paladin could add to the others in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Concentration Aura is NOT useless for PVE. *hits your nose with newspaper*

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Well, that might be, but to me, they felt like something that belongs to a paladin, and something unique-ish (I know, I know...) the paladin could add to the others in the group.
    Well, they already took away most of our seals and blessings. As well as the OG judgement mechanic, they added holy power, modified spell scaling with AP, etc. We have completely changed since launch, more so than any other class, and we will keep changing. Auras were just a passive buff that we added to the group, and only a few as I mentioned previously, were of any use in a raid.

As for the might change, I am happy with the change. What buffs we DID give are now shared with other classes, druids, hunters, etc. But now we have a unique(at least for now) buff again.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2011-11-23 at 07:14 PM.