Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I usually get a bit agitated when I have played CoD for a longer period and I keep getting jumped by enemies from behind, usually the second after I check my back which is just bad timing.

Other then that I am quite calm in WoW and BF3. I guess CoD is a bit faster paced, but except that I don't really see why I wind myself up so much more in CoD.

MW3 makes me want to slit my wrists while bashing my head through a wall...it is THAT frustrating..at the same time...I love it. haha

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get extremely pissed when I lost to the computer on Madden mind you it does not happen often but it still happens, Ill throw the controller ill go crazy lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    MW3 makes me want to slit my wrists while bashing my head through a wall...it is THAT frustrating..at the same time...I love it. haha
    my good sir you just made my day, gave me a good laugh. its funny cause its true and same for me but just not MW3, ratehr BF3.

Deleted
    Right... *rolleyes*
    I'm sorry that you can't believe that there are people who don't get mad at videogames, and can laugh it off. It isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah a good example was today kicking the crap out of a rogue until a holy pally came by and LoH him then sat around till he killed me "F***ING C*** SUCKER!"

-.-

I do rage as well but my worst act at that particular moment is a soft smash to my keyboard that's all(some times I hit harder... I admit :P) and swearing/cursing myself(sometimes) as well as oponent

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Only time i rage in computer games is when i see baddies in TF2. Don't know why but i just can't stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    I'm sorry that you can't believe that there are people who don't get mad at videogames, and can laugh it off. It isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
    I can believe it, but some people just act so high and above everyone else, saying things like...
    "Getting mad at video games? Hah, not worth my time! I am FAR too busy to get mad at a game!"
    As a gamer, that kind of attitude disappoints me a bit. Video games are a bit more than a way to pass time for me, so seeing people care so little about them makes me a bit disappointed.

But that's probably more my fault than yours, though. I might just be crazy and overthinking this too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only get angry with things like installing, and persistant bugs that I can't fix, especially if they are out of the blue and I spend a good deal of time on them and still won't freaking GO AWAY RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

But in game not so much. Sometimes a bit annoyed with GOGOGOGO type people in dungeons, and really, really occasionally with people saying things like let's loose quick with the slightest bit of a problem in BG's. Grow a pair and play the game, dammit :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Video games are a bit more than a way to pass time for me, so seeing people care so little about them makes me a bit disappointed.
    I never said that I don't care about videogames.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, do get angry though I don't normally go to rage levels. Mostly I get angry if I feel I'm underperforming, I tend to get irritated at myself a lot if I make too many mistakes in a row. Also get angry at people who have some skill but think they're the world's gift to gaming because of it. There's always someone better!

@Agentcooper What if someone spits in your face? No need to get angry at the little things not like it matters in the grand scheme of things right?

:3
    Hi Sephurik

Occasionally I can get quite grumpy or angry. During raids it's not about the wipes (even about the ones by stupid mistakes) but the raging of other members can get me a bit frustrated. During this 7 years of wow I think I've ever really "raged" twice? Me and couple of fellows from guild actually talked about this subject last night on ventrilo where one guy stated that I were amongst the very few players who actually stay calm on raids. :P

I get angry at a lot of things in video games, but I'm not the kind of person to go punching things because of it. It takes a lot more than a video game for that to happen.

Heroes of Newerth is the prime game that makes me rage when my team is losing, it actually made all my online friends who played it with me rage too, which is why I refuse to play it now. It's just not worth it.

In WoW it's when I lose an arena I think I should have won, or we keep wiping on a boss to stupid things or if there's an asshole in a LFG dungeon.

I don't "rage". I don't get angry.

There's no possible way I could ever let something so trivial as a video game get to me. If I'm going to get angry and worked up over something, I will find something much more important than video games.

Video games were meant as something to waste time. Why get mad over time you were wasting in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    I never said that I don't care about videogames.
    Alright, my mistake. Sorry!

I'm just a guy who gauges how someone feels about things, by their emotions. But I forget, that you can care even if you don't show it. That's my fault. Again, sorry. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    There's no possible way I could ever let something so trivial as a video game get to me. If I'm going to get angry and worked up over something, I will find something much more important than video games.

Video games were meant as something to waste time. Why get mad over time you were wasting in the first place?
    Like I mentioned to AgentCooper, some people take video games a bit more seriously. I mean, there are people who play them and create them for a living, you know.

Still, it might also be your sense of competition. If you play a video game, you obviously want to win. Some people take losing in different ways. I can say that I am a bad loser myself, so when I get crushed in a game, I won't be happy.
    But that's just me, everyone is different.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2011-11-25 at 10:48 AM.

When I first started arena, I had a partner with 2300 rating teach me the ropes and carry me. Whenever we lost it was my fault, and after a while I raged. I asked why he never got mad at me and he said "I used to rage a lot, but I take depression pills and think about death a lot. Sometimes when the only thought on your mind is how little time you are given in life, you don't waste it on anger. Atleast not with this bullshit." It got pretty awkward from there for a few minutes, but he made a pretty sound argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

I smash my keyboard pretty often, not as much as I use to do but it happens. Mostly to Cod when i get killed by stupid stuff (tube, rpg or getting killed behind corners).:P

Deleted
    Boy oh boy, where to start...

During my seven years of WoW there has obviously been a lot of rage moments. Yes, knuckles have been beaten sore, I have had RL taste of blood many times as consequences of RL intimidating shouts.

But I never seem to outrage my brother, who has a thing for merciless destruction of various expensive equipment. Let me give you an example;
    During TBC we were both in a top guild of our server, and the current progression tier was Black Temple. We had it on on farm status, and clearing all that stupid pre Supremus trash was a real suck.
    On this particular day my brother's keyboard was FUBAR. It seemed like the "W" key was constantly pressed down, resulting in his character running 24/7 (Spiritalker's Grace did not exist back then, so it was a bad situation for a resto Shaman).
    I could sense his frustration slowly building up, but i was too busy with my cleave deeps.

Then out of nowhere, he pulls his keyboard towards himself with the swiftness of a ninja and snaps it over his left knee like a twig. He then proceeds to bed not to say anything untill the next day.
    So there I sit for a moment with my prime WTFace, not knowing if i should be afraid or not. I quietly announce on vent that "Ojdå just went to bed".

He pulled another cool stunt during WotLK.
    I was going through my military service at the time, hence my gaming time was limited to the weekends. So I would spice up my Ulduar tanking with lots of beer (obviously). Eventually he got fed up with my drunken gaming and got very mad at me for not spending time with him sober (understandable).

So i answered him with some smart argument...or not...definitely not when i think about it, because what followed was a vulgar display of rage.
    He just punched the living(?) shit out of his 22" screen. And i'm talking falcon punch guys. It was totally obliterated.

Boy oh boy...

In all fairness, when it comes to games and rage for me, nothing beats racing games. I mean, when you have raced something along the line of 18/20 laps, and you crash into some random Taxi cab or what ever just to see all the other cars pass you, it would be inhumane not to RAAAAAGEEEE!!!

Protip: Do not smash stuff.