Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There's a kid named Boone Tobias in our community. I know what the name referances, does anyone else? His parents must... well... I wont say anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Night fall View Post
    There's a kid named Boone Tobias in our community. I know what the name referances, does anyone else? His parents must... well... I wont say anything else.
    Mortal Kombat, of course. Boon and Tobias were two of the guys who helped create the game.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    i dont see robin in that video, all i see is santa :<
    Welp, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the future there's a Christmas movie with him as Santa, he definitely has the look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Robin's beard is epic!
    His girl is named Zelda.
    She looks pretty hot.
    Daddy has epic beard.
    Please Zelda, marry me. I'd love to play some Zelda IRL *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Watch the video, he named her AFTER the game. Der
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    It's been said but it bears repeating: He explicitly states that he named her after the game series in the video. So I don't see the point of poking at the fact that it's a real name, since it doesn't really... well, tell us anything we didn't already know. :/
    again it doesnt matter because zelda was an actual name before the game. naming a child after a video game character with a name that has previously existed is not at all wierd in comparison to naming a child after a video game character with a name that originated from said video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    Simply stating that because in one situation a girl has been named that, doesn't mean it is in fact a girl's name.
    "Zelda is a nickname for the feminine name Griselda, which means 'dark battle', and also the feminine form of the yiddish name Selig, meaning 'blessed', 'happy'"

Seems pretty masculine to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly we should all name our children John or Kevin or Sarah etc etc because that's the obvious and boring choice.

All names have been invented at some point in time. A lot come from the Bible, a whole lot comes from tales and stories from the past centuries, several more comes from movies. I'm talking about what most people consider "normal" names here. Considering video games have been an important part of society for a couple of decades and continues to be so at an increasing rate, so what's wrong with taking inspiration from video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am curious how many of the people saying that Zelda is an old name watched the clip. He flat out says he named her after the Legend of Zelda.
    He may have gotten it from the game, but I'm sure he wouldn't have named her it if it wasn't an actually name to begin with. He could have gone with Epona or even Sora, but he went with Zelda.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    again it doesnt matter because zelda was an actual name before the game. naming a child after a video game character with a name that has previously existed is not at all wierd in comparison to naming a child after a video game character with a name that originated from said video game.
    Also this. Video games take names from real life names.

It's not cool because it's weird, it's cool because it's an awesome story behind a pretty name.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread at all, but:

"Hearing of American novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife Zelda, Miyamoto thought the name sounded 'pleasant and significant.'"

So, in a round-about way, his daughter -was- named after F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife (denial mentioned at 0:51 in the video).

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's not cool because it's weird, it's cool because it's an awesome story behind a pretty name.
    but it's not even wierd, the name existed before the game. would you get yourself in such a twist if you met someone named mario?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

At least it isn't Link

He got the idea for the name from the game, he named her Zelda BECAUSE of the game. I think you're completely missing the entire point of this thread.

This is related.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-11-27 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Being named after one of the three main characters of probably the best video game ever : a win to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Wow.......Robin Williams looks really old(er).
    Indeed, and omg what a santa beard he saved up

My son's name is Link... Should they date? Or should he be on a epic adventure to met her?

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Props to Robin on an epic beard
    2) She's very lovely
    3) Growing up with Robin as a father was probably
    >>>a)Amazing
    >>>b)Horrid

Quote Originally Posted by Night fall View Post
    If you don't go up to him every time you see him and call him Noob Saibot you deserve the worst animality possible.

i think the best part of that video is they are happy and she seams to like her name so i dont see anything wrong with it long live robin williams likin the high santa look to :P

Deleted
    As the story goes, it was his son who was playing the game while his wife was pregnant, and it was him who said : why not call her Zelda ?

It's an awesome name, but I'm not a fan of the money she's getting for doing commercials just because she's nammed after the character.

hmm i think if i ever have a son or daughter his name will be sonic and her name cream......
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013