need some help with comp specs

hi i was in this last week's beta and noticed that for some reason i was running a low FPS count on my desktop for some odd reason and yet when i go to the "can i run this game" website it says my comp passed the test with flying colors and yet during beta i was not able to get past 20 fps on any form of settings was going around between 14-20 fps outside the jedi temple and under 10 inside it
    my comp has
    AMD II 2.9ghz
    Geforce 9400 GT 1GB DDR2
    3GB RAM

not sure what else i am missing for comp specs so if anything else is needed let me know and i will post them

thanks in advance

EDIT: drivers for the vid card are up to date btw and running Win 7 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Icedtino View Post
    hi i was in this last week's beta and noticed that for some reason i was running a low FPS count on my desktop for some odd reason and yet when i go to the "can i run this game" website it says my comp passed the test with flying colors and yet during beta i was not able to get past 20 fps on any form of settings was going around between 14-20 fps outside the jedi temple and under 10 inside it
    my comp has
    AMD II 2.9ghz
    Geforce 9400 GT 1GB DDR2

3GB RAM

not sure what else i am missing for comp specs so if anything else is needed let me know and i will post them

thanks in advance

EDIT: drivers for the vid card are up to date btw and running Win 7 64 bit
    Turn off shadows untill you get a better card, you should see a good 15-20 fps jump with shadows off, also beta tends to act funny as they like to test and tweek things, when the game goes live you will see a good 5-10 fps jump, all mmo betas are like that.

well i had almost everything in low and shadows off aswell (except texture detail. had it at medium) and still wouldnt push past 20 while in game

Deleted
    There has been some bugs with the fps when you are inside buildings - I run at 60 fps regularly, but sometimes entering caves/buildings or anything with a "roof" i would hit 1-5 fps.

I assume your latency was flawless since you didn't mention it ? - though fps and latency isnt related, bad latency and a bad fps can make the fps seem unbearable.

Start saving some money for a new gfx card till release and wait till you have tried the finished game, since as said earlier, it is beta and things liek fps and gfx are subject to bugs.

yea i am going to wait till i get the released/final product before i decide to upgrade the card or not

on the latency issue i was running at around 60ms for saturday and sunday on the US "The Leviathan" server (East Coast server)
    wierd thing is a couple of the guys in my TOR guild were telling me they were running around with 100+ FPS during this last beta test weekend so that kinda got me wondering

get a GTX 560 TI, I heard its great, its one step above mine.

Yeah that's you best bet, just wait till swtor live, also download and use this every time you run a game, this shuts down all backround programs I have been using this for a few years now and I just won't game without it turned on now, just make sure to turn it off if you are going to surf the internet.. the program is called gamebooster here is the link enjoy : )

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
    Last edited by warjin; 2011-12-01 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    yea i am going to wait till i get the released/final product before i decide to upgrade the card or not

on the latency issue i was running at around 60ms for saturday and sunday on the US "The Leviathan" server (East Coast server)
    wierd thing is a couple of the guys in my TOR guild were telling me they were running around with 100+ FPS during this last beta test weekend so that kinda got me wondering
    I'm from Europe. I've played on east coast servers the last 3 weeks - with a ms on 150 +/- - which is just a plus to bio's servers.

How different were their pc specs compared to yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by nogard46 View Post
    get a GTX 560 TI, I heard its great, its one step above mine.
    thing is nogard i am not sure if that card will fit my case its a mid tower case if it does fit i will look into it when i get the $$ together (i could buy it right now but a car pymnt is coming up in 2 weeks) so i dont want to waste cash at this very moment might consider it after christmas though
    Last edited by Icedtino; 2011-12-01 at 08:03 AM.

thing is nogard i am not sure if that card will fit my case its a mid tower case if it does fit i will look into it when i get the $$ together (i could buy it right now but a car pymnt is coming up in 2 weeks) so i dont want to waste cash at this very moment might consider it after christmas though

is there a Frys Electronics near you? They are a pretty good store about those kind of issues but yeah the 500 series Nvidias are Pretty pic, mines a full size tower and it takes a good chunk of space.

heres mine

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125367

sadly no nogard the closest thing i got to a electronics store is a recently opened BB store and with the prices they got id rather buy it from newegg or tigerdirect or go to the US and buy it there (im in mexico)
    just to give ya an idea of the jacked up prices
    the new zelda game costs 50 USD in the states (regular version not the bundle one) here they are asking for 950 Mexican pesos which is close to if not over 70 USD