Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    You are overwriting the HOT of your first HR with your second HR.
    I haven't had the chance to test it properly yet...
    What if I HR random moron that stands in a firepuddle and after that I cast it right on a Tank do i have my hot ticking twice for about 0.6 sec? of does the first hot fade instantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    I haven't had the chance to test it properly yet...
    What if I HR random moron that stands in a firepuddle and after that I cast it right on a Tank do i have my hot ticking twice for about 0.6 sec? of does the first hot fade instantly?
    Not sure I understand what you mean. If you cast two consecutive HR's on two different people who are more than 10 yards apart, their HOTs will be ticking independently. If the two people are less than 10 yards apart at the moment when your 2nd HR lands, both will acquire the same HOT, and any old HR HOT will be overwritten.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Is this a troll? Tonight in dragon soul I didnt lose a single fight in healing, even on Morchok with 3 Holy Paladins we just ate his black ooze and healed
    Is THIS a troll? How do you 'win' a fight at healing? Riding the top of the meter? (by snipeing heals ahead of others no doubt) *ring ring* "hello?....it's a collect call from wotlk, it wants it's mindset back"

OT: I went into the 5mans, and found IN THAT SETTING it was so-so at best.
    Numbers I will not even get into this early in the patch, but feel wise, and panic related gut feel...so-so, I dunno if it's even worth use in a 5man. I could go either way on that one, but it did not feel like it was the throughput of POH or wildgrowth.
    I'm sticking with: it has potential, but seems mana intense and the throughput is slim in a 5man setting. Use sparingly, and see what develops in the coming weeks ahead of us.
    Since I barely rode the ptr express and have not raided with it yet, no comments from the peanut gallery on usefulness in 10's and 25's.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

In theory, it's a very nice change, as you can place yourself in order to optimize your LoD healing and still have an optimized HR, which was impossible before.

When they first changed it I was sketchy, but after healing Firelands last night, I actually like it, but -do- miss the sprint associated with it, but that's the only thing I miss. On Beth'ilac it was simply amazing, even spamming it during the entire last phase I still didn't go oom.

I think people that A, don't know how to use it, and B, don't like change, are simply just not going to like it.

TLDR: Iz good change.
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle

Guys... If you read my post on the first page... I had used it a little more and I find it a lot better than I had expected. I was tunnel Visioning the bad of it but now for using it in LFR it was a lot better than I expected and i'm actually really happy with the change.

I'm not really a fan of the change, I enjoyed the style of old HR but damn is the new one strong. It's deff not bad just learn to use it well and it will take you to top of meters. No sprint is really hurting tho, deff miss that. Sucks we have yet another cast to be locked out from tho.

It's a very strong controllable aoe heal, paladins were lacking that, how many times have you found yourself on like h beth with radiance on cd wishing you could do more than light of dawn to aoe heal? I know I have. It's a welcome change, and a very good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadux View Post
    This has put Paladins on the top spot for aoe grouped up healing.

What are you talking about "shot to nothing"?

Seriously, tab through targets as you cast it and watch your numbers fly through the roof all the way to the god damn moon!
    Yeah seriously, we did a LFR group with a bunch of guildies in it and me and the other holy paladin were fighting each other only for the top spot on the healing meters the entire raid. Even the druids couldn't compete...did they nerf WG THAT badly? >.<
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2011-11-30 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Yeah seriously, we did a LFR group with a bunch of dungeons in it and me and the other holy paladin were fighting each other only for the top spot on the healing meters the entire raid. Even the druids couldn't compete...did they nerf WG THAT badly? >.<
    Kinda, but paladins are just that good.

i was skeptical at first about the new holy radiance, until i actually got to use it in dragonsoul.

its awesome

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Try holy radiance holy shock crusader strike....easy fast E holy power and u don't use that much mana

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 08:17 AM ----------

3' holy power

I feel pretty OP with this change to HR. I am not competing with druids and our holy priest on AoE healing fights I even out heal them sometimes even though that happened before once and a while as well. Overall this change is for the better. Also it was said before the mana cost is high but since you get an HP when you cast it as long as you manage Holy Power well it offsets the man cost to pump out LoD's to keep up with AoE healing and also throw some WoG's to keep your overall/HPS up. Good change on blizzards part even though I didn't agree with it at first.

Deleted
    Holy Paladin alt, I had to fake my itemlevel just get into LFR and then...

..I end up doing 25-50% more healing than everyone else for the AOE fights.

HS>HR>HR>LofD = Insane healing.

I would prefer it to last have a 10 sec cooldown and last 10 secs like it did before, sort of like Shaman's healing rain.

I don't like it now for stacking, because if you spam it, the HoTs don't over lap; I don't expect them to, but the 10 sec hot was more practical for stacking situations.

New Holy Radiance is absolutely amazing. Doing 25-30k HPS on many fights in Dragon Soul. After getting the int+haste proc trinket from Zon'ozz, I was doing an incredible amount of healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Radiance can be cast on multiple targets, giving each target a buff that radiates healing to other targets. With high haste values, you can cast 3 HRs on 3 different targets in a situation where everyone is stacked, and generate enourmous amounts of AoE healing, akin to Druids in the beggining of WotLK when WG had no CD.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    I would prefer it to last have a 10 sec cooldown and last 10 secs like it did before, sort of like Shaman's healing rain.

I don't like it now for stacking, because if you spam it, the HoTs don't over lap; I don't expect them to, but the 10 sec hot was more practical for stacking situations.
    As I said before, if you spam it on a single target, yes, you will overwrite your buff. If you spam it on 3 different targets, you will not overwrite your buff, but instead generate 3 targets that are each generating AoE healing to everyone nearby.

The best use of this spell IS for stacking, due to the extremely short range of HR. It only effects targets in 10 yds, compared to the 30 yd found in the majority of other AoE heals, such as PoH, CoH, and Wild Growth.

Lets say that you are healing Domo, and its scorpion phase with seeds going out. You cast HR on a target, that then runs out to explode. That was a wasted cast, as the target is too far away to do any healing. I will say that, with the mana cost of the current HR, the short duration, and the short range of effective healing, I cant see it being changed.

Also, HR scales extremely well with haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I am not a pro-pally healer or a pro-raider, however I am enjoying the new change to holy radiance. Is the mana too costly? I do not know since I am no holy pally whiz. I like it so far (in lfg that is)

You just need to learn how to use it (and accept you can't tank heal at the same time).

HR > HS > HR > LoD isn't that mana intensive either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    Good luck with that on heroic progress.
    Somebody has a stick up their bum, loosen up bud. It was a joke. See the winky face at the end of it? Obviously I'm not going to derp my face onto my HR key non-stop during heroics, thanks for the obvious tip. But for the time being I will enjoy the OP and easy to use spamfest until it gets nerfed.

So people have said, and yet when I tested it on myself and I checked the combat log it didn't happen. I cast HR on myself only and I got 2 full HRs going with all 4 ticks from both. It went Big heal > tick > tick > Big heal > tick > tick > tick > tick > tick > tick. I got 2 big heals and 8 ticks as you'd expect from 2 full HRs, casting both of them overlapping on the same target. So... not sure what's going on, but it seems to work pretty damn well. Also seeing how good it was in actual fights I'd say it's one hell of a heal atm.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshadow View Post
    Try holy radiance holy shock crusader strike....easy fast E holy power and u don't use that much mana[COLOR="red"]
    3' holy power
    I don't get it, why would you Crusader Strike? It's still a GCD and iirc ~2.5k mana wasted. I feel like we have so much HoPo now that cheesing ret abilities for even more is a waste. *shrug*