Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

BiS Trinket lists.

I took it upon myself to rank the trinkets by dps for each spec. Using the stat weights from Simcraft and the dps value of the trinket procs from Elitist Jerks I was able to make a rough approximation of each trinket's dps and rank them by spec.

Affliction
    HCoC- 3776
    HICM- 3386
    CoC- 3378
    HWoU- 3345
    HVPL- 3049
    ICM- 3018
    CoC(LFR)- 2979
    WoU- 2909
    VPL- 2711
    ICM(LFR)- 2604
    WoU(LFR)- 2579
    BW- 2397
    RoZ- 2336
    DMC:V- 2204
    FGDL- 2101

Demonology
    HCoC- 4021
    HICM- 3407
    CoC- 3551
    HWoU- 3403
    MWC- 3278
    CoC(LFR)- 3153
    HVPL- 3073
    ICM- 3040
    WoU- 3036
    DMC:V- 2806
    VPL- 2722
    ICM(LFR)- 2696
    WoU(LFR)- 2682
    BW- 2635
    FGDL- 2476
    RoZ- 2248

Destruction
    HCoC- 3579
    HWoU- 3437
    HICM- 3409
    CoC- 3173
    ICM- 3076
    WoU- 3064
    HVPL- 3060
    CoC(LFR)- 2808
    ICM(LFR)- 2800
    WoU(LFR)- 2730
    VPL- 2718
    DMC:V- 2421
    FGDL- 2252
    BW- 2181
    RoZ- 2122

Note: it is possible that in some situations some trinkets will surpass another. For example, the non-heroic WoU are rather low due to the fact that in a heavy movement fight it may be difficult to keep the up time close to 100% as it procs on on spell casts, and not damage. Also, the BiS Simcraft profile uses the HICM over the HCoC despite HCoC having better the better proc according to Simcraft. One possible explanation for this could be that on it's own the proc from HCoC is better, but when you take into account the haste already on your gear the HICM will push us over several tick thresholds and become superior.

At the same time, however, I imagine in any situation with multiple targets that HCoC will win out due to the massive cleave potential.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2011-12-15 at 06:27 PM.

I'll trust that these are accurate - may i steal the destruction portion for the sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I'll trust that these are accurate - may i steal the destruction portion for the sticky?
    They should be, I simply added the proc dps to the dps gain from the raw stats determined by the stat weights given by Simcraft.

And go for it, just make sure to include the caveats about haste thresholds and aoe situations.

If you cared to know what the "caviat" is: "Due to the increasing influence of various rating caps/thresholds, I've decided to change the way I evaluate trinkets in the OP. Depending on spec and gear level the value of each trinket can be strongly influenced by whether or not reforgeable stats let you hit some important stat threshold. This made the old charts inherently flawed, which turned out to be particularly problematic in this upcoming tier where several of the raid-level caster trinkets do not have reforgeable stats.

From now on the trinket evaluation charts will only take into account each trinket's dynamic proc, and will ignore any passive stats or ratings present on the item. Combining those results with scale factors and a knowledge of hit cap and haste thresholds should allow for much more informed trinket choices than the flawed information from the previous charts.

The Affliction chart is already in the OP, the other two specs' charts will populate as soon as the simulations have finished."

--Zakalwe

Yeah someone asked earlier about a destro trinket list in the sticky and i was hesitant to for that exact same reason - haste thresholds. If people want a general idea though its a good reference

I haven't simmed anything yet, but is the 1000 int trinket seriously 1k behind shadowbolt volleys? What's the proc rate on that thing

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I haven't simmed anything yet, but is the 1000 int trinket seriously 1k behind shadowbolt volleys? What's the proc rate on that thing
    Yeah, I'm not too sure on that one. The sim for the WoU for affliction was like 500 dps behind demo/destro so I'm not sure if I'm a simming error or what's going on there.

I mean its not really hard to keep the 10stacks of it even on Madness jumping u can just Felflame the next tentacle, and I cant seem to grasp how the SB spamming trinket can surpass a 990 static intelect. From Normal POV only way to lose stacks is on hagara between phases.

Unless the Cunning of the Cruel(SB spam) has a fantastic proc rate.

On ur list Insignia LFR is better than WoU normal made me wonder so Acording to my calcs using Aff Tier13 BIS state weighs int its 4.3869 and haste is 2.2783 values

Insignia LFR has 406 int passive and average of 858 haste so it totals 3735 DPS
    Will of Unbiding normal is a passive 880 once full stacked that totals 3860 DPS

Thing is Simcraft may taking in account stacking of Insignia proc with DS and other buffs, and WoU still takes some rampup, but the values u presented seem wierd for Insignia LFR surpassing WoU normal
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-12-01 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cunning of the Cruel doesn't do more damage with more than 1 target. Its a flat based proc but it can crit. Proc is good. Does about 10-12% of your total damage, but it isnt simming higher than WoU or Corrupted Mind (normal 397) with my gear.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-12-01 at 02:48 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

It's a cleave proc. Yes it does more with multiple targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right I just tried it on the dummies in org. The way its posted on the tooltip it just looks like the damage is split.

Edit: Kind of ridiculous. Just crit all 4 dummies for 53k each. 212k from one proc unbuffed ><
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-12-01 at 03:18 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

what about Foul Gift of the Demon Lord ?
    it has 378 ItemLvL like the Rune of Zeth.
    The proc on this is 15% chance with a 20 second duration. ICD is 45 seconds.

EDIT: On Singletarget fights, is HCoC still better than HICM? Does it proc on your main target too?
    Last edited by eb88; 2011-12-01 at 03:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Yes it procs on your main target as well. It's a pretty overpowered trinket tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a slight nerf in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Yes it procs on your main target as well. It's a pretty overpowered trinket tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a slight nerf in the near future.
    Let's stop talking about how awesome it is now before they realize their mistake and make it terrible!

It'll be a reverse VPLC!
    Last edited by kneeo; 2011-12-01 at 04:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoC is redonk. I've seen it do 20+% of someone's total damage already.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    CoC is redonk. I've seen it do 20+% of someone's total damage already.
    O.o

I was needing on it pretty reluctantly in my LFR last night since I had no idea how much it would do. Seems like I need to put a little more conviction into it.

The issue with affliction and WoU is that the stack quite easily falls off during the drain soul execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    The issue with affliction and WoU is that the stack quite easily falls off during the drain soul execute phase.
    Dot ticks don't proc it?

They certainly don't in the simulator. I haven't personally been able to test it in-game, but it's pretty clearly implied by the tooltip that it's triggered by spell cast events, not damage events.