Deleted

stacks on zon'ozz

hi everyone. im a dk tank for a rather casual 10man guild, 2hc in FL so we are all around 380ilvl give or take

first night in DS, we 1shot yo'something and morchok easily

other than a few screw ups with the void onzon'ozz, we were doing pretty well.

question is, how many stacks for the void should we aim for?

if we aim low, say 5or6 it is easily healable, however once p1 starts again there's quite some time before a new void is casted, and zon'ozz takes a buttload of stacks of focused anger, and starts hitting me extremely hard, which forces us to take very few void stacks, which again makes zon'ozz take a buttload of focused anger once p1 starts for the 3rd time.

i suppose we could have our druid tank instead of dps and see how it goes, but he's not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to moving the boss if needed to make sure the void hits it so eh

what do? thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    We aimed for 5-7 and he folded over quite easily.

We did 3 bounces, and just nuked him during down phases. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    We aimed for 5-7 and he folded over quite easily.
    werent you getting a lot of stacks of focused anger with that number once p1 starts again? when we did 5 and p1 started over the boss had about 7/8 stacks of focused anger when the void spawned and it kinda starts to hurt.

first p1 we were going for 9void stacks and the boss had around 10stacks of f.a. and was hitting me for anywhere from 80 to 110k sometimes. or i suppose we could take 9stacks of void before the first p2 with me using the best cds when he starts hitting really hard, pop hero while the boss takes a lot of damage and just do very few stacks of void from that point on
    Last edited by mmoc65e314467f; 2011-12-01 at 10:55 PM.

I've noticed that the damage debuff will continue to keep scaling throughout the fight. Frontload the damage debuff by starting with a high number of void bounces, then switching to 3-4 thereafter and you should be able to slice through his health pool with a BL/Hero/Warp in the final minute of the encounter.

did the achi (10 stacks) actually turned out to be 11 before we got it to hit boss. Talk to your healers and use cds correctly and you should be able to kill him in 2 turns more or less.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    we opted for 5 > 5> 3 > 3 (possibly another 3, can't remember how many times), scraped a kill with alts/offspecs ion a range for gear (from 360s to 380s)

Tbh.... it seems if 5 stacks is progressively getting more focus anger for u... is it possible ur positioning got spread farther?
    We were doing 5 the whole time with 1 minute to spare on enrage... granted we were 3 healing... but I didn't see the tank really "drop" as the fight went on

Couple of wipes first off but after some coordination between the our range group and melee group exchanging bounces 3-5 times we saved Timewarp for last 30% or so and healers balancing mana issues/ utilizing CDs did we finally down him.

I'm sure as others have said it would be beneficial to bounce more stacks 5 and up but 3 seemed to work for us.

Deleted
    guys, the boss IS getting stacks before the void spawns. however if u talk to your healers AND use ur cd's right, u will never get problems even with 5 stacks. we had the same problems at the beginning, but with some practice its a free-loot like the other bosses too

I'm not certain how many bounces we get each time, but we pretty much tried to let the orb hit the boss every time his focused anger stacks got to 7 regardless of the ball bounces.

we aimed for 7-5-5-3 and killed before his 4th 2nd phase

We did 1 tank, 3 heals and just worked out a CD rotation during the burn phase with three orb bounces each time. Didn't have heroism available with our comp. Went down easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah 3 bounces is enough to do it. if you find yourself falling short of the enrage timer then make the first one 5 bounces and it should bring you alot closer to the amount of dps you need to be putting out

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild sames about the same gear lvl as yours, we only got to 3/7h at the end of FL.

We went 1 tank 3 healers. 7 bounces the first time and lust the black phase, then 5-5-3.

Weve done up to ultraxion and zon'ozz presented the biggest challenge so far by a mile, every other boss eithet oneshot or fell over after a few attempts but zon'ozz took us a whole night..

Deleted
    We did 11-5-3 To get the achievement.

As a DK tank check that your not getting crit. There may be a bug at the momment:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657277550

15+ Year Old Account
    We just did it tonight on 25 man. The dk tank crit instagib def was affecting us last night, so tonight we switched to a warrior tank. We were trying to do 5-5-5-etc and kept having tank die during 2nd phase due to a ~80k melee with a 95k breath thing within a second, so after reading around we realized that 5-3-3-3 gave us plenty of time to do it before the enrage, so that's what we switched to and killed it in a couple attempts.