Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best cpu for buck

Must be 4 core.
    I'm thinking that intel one
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Deleted
    best for what?

If you're talking gaming and considering the price then there is no doubt the i5-2500k is the best gaming chip right now.

Deleted
    As said, i5-2500k has been top dog for gaming for a while, but if you're aiming for something else than gaming then there are better options out there.

gaming
    10 char
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    gaming
    10 char
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116491

This is what you're looking for.

....Oh, what's that? You can't afford a processor that costs more than a thousand dollars? Too bad. Maybe next time be more specific instead of having people here play guessing games because you're lazy.

Infracted. Please refrain from insulting/trolling users in the future, thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-12-01 at 01:01 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116491

This is what you're looking for.

....Oh, what's that? You can't afford a processor that costs more than a thousand dollars? Too bad. Maybe next time be more specific instead of having people here play guessing games because you're lazy.
    Trying giving out some help without sounding like a sarcastic prick next time.

As many others have said, the i5-2500k is one of the best price/performance CPU's out there at the moment, and will provide a sound gaming experience. Coupled with a decent heat-sink, it's quite easy to overclock as well, for even more bang for your buck

i5 2500k all the way.
    Got mine to 4.6ghz with only 1.29v.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    Trying giving out some help without sounding like a sarcastic prick next time.

As many others have said, the i5-2500k is one of the best price/performance CPU's out there at the moment, and will provide a sound gaming experience. Coupled with a decent heat-sink, it's quite easy to overclock as well, for even more bang for your buck
    Perhaps the "prick" is the one asking others for advice and being intentionally short by not giving budget, current board, platform, intended use, etc.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    i5 2500k all the way.
    Got mine to 4.6ghz with only 1.29v.
    Lucky you, I got an i5-2500k that refuses to go past 4.2GHz on any (sane) voltage due to one bugged core. Still 4.2GHz on 1.31V for a processor rated at 3.3, not bad. (and I totally need more juice out of it, I mean my constant mid-25man raid 60fps isn't enough. Neither is running my console emulators at over double speed).

In response to OP, get the i5-2500k. If skint then the top end i3.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Try reading the topic and OP bit more carefully before trying to be sarcastic, or you'll end up looking like an ass.

It's best if you're looking absolutes, but it's not best for buck since the difference in games is minimal.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Glo. Have you ever happened to notice the fact that everyone aint fucking nerds like us? They dont know about computers. So they come here to ask for advice. So stop treating them like shit..

2500k is the best bang for buck by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Glo. Have you ever happened to notice the fact that everyone aint fucking nerds like us? They dont know about computers. So they come here to ask for advice. So stop treating them like shit..
    Replying with one word saying "gaming" isn't lacking knowledge, it's being lazy.

I don't know shit about heart surgery, but if I walked into the ER with a problem, I wouldn't simply stand there and say "Pain".

build pics

Deleted
    ... He asked for a good gaming CPU for buck that has 4 cores. If thats not clear enough to you then dont post.... That would be a 2500k. Or if your really tight on money the x4 955 is still okay from AMD.

Would you say that paying 800 dollars for 5-10 more fps is BANG FOR BUCK?
    (2500k vs 3960X)

I don't know who your friend Buck is, but I recommend the i5 2500k. Best CPU value/performance wise for gaming.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-12-01 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glo, if you're gonna treat the mmo-champion community like that then please don't post at all, let people who are acturally making an effort into helping him do it.

Personally go for the i5-2500k, it's really good.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    so, minus the prickiness within this thread, i5 2500k or i72600k. both on a p67 or z68 board and overclocked.

said i5 =$224.99

said i7 = $319.99
    ..........gtfo for now

10+ Year Old Account
    the i7 is "useless" for gaming computers, the i5 will perferm just as well if not better for a lot cheaper with almost no games (i think bf3 is one of the only ones) supporting the HT added by the i7, not a lot for the extra 90$

i do recommend along with everyone else, the i5 2500k (aftermarket cooler and p67 or z68 motherboard) personally

Deleted
    I have to agree with glo tho, without a budget we cant really advice the best bang for buck CPU for the OP, or what he plans to do (like others said aswell)

Sure the 2500k is awesome, but what if his budget is 400-500 dollar, the 2500k is out of the picture all of a sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    bang for buck is performance to price

if an i5 can do everything required in every other game, then spending 200 dollars more on aboslutely no performance gain is not good bang for buck, sure he got a better processor, but all the betterness is wasted

there are other good price/performance ratio processors, but they tend to be, whilst cheaper .. not as good (though the p/p is better)