Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember my end dps, especially since our logs didn't post properly for the fight. I do remember doing in the mid 40ks for most of it though.

Popped meta at start of each platform. Saved it on the 4th platform for the cataclysm cast.

The 4th platform goes slow enough for us that I can use Meta twice without any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Immo/Incinerate spam on the bolts, they have to die too fast for anything else to be effective. With all the buffs meta is up allot, at least once per platform, and with the fight length you can pop heroism/doomguard at the start and have it up for the final 20% burn as well. I was averaging 55k as demo last night on the fight, we are still working on how to not die to the last platform/bolt damage.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS seems fine as Demo. Since we are comparing dps numbers I guess i'll throw mine out there. On my Skada I was at 51k (as demo) when I died. Dying 50 seconds prior to the kill I probably would of ended up doing 49k with a kill. Then again I'm not sure. Meta and my DG were just coming off CD.Using MWC+Cunning and 0/31/10 spec.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-12-02 at 11:02 PM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

@Penguin

Looking through your logs, the thing that really stood out to me was your damage on Elementium Fragments (they spawn in the last phase, cast shrapnel). In our raid they always spawned all over the platform. In your group, it seemed like they spawned close enough for you to just hellfire them. Is there some trick or method (like H-Cho'gall) to getting all of those tentacles to spawn in the same place?

Nope, we just got a few lucky spawns in the back corner.

Deleted
    Yeah seems low for me as well. My felhunter on dummy, only self buffs, no flask/food does 7.8k on recount, did 9-10k on the Madness tries I still have on recount. Is it really buffed from Kalecgos? Only way for me to keep up is multi dotting like a champ. All other fights where you can multi dot you usually soar ahead on this fight it's needed to keep up :I

Did 50.5k as Demo on our 10 man kill last night. Was able to use Meta twice on most platforms. On the 4th I held it to burst down the adds so only once there. Also forgot to pop DG until the head was at 3%ish. So definite room for improvement. Don't think we're really in bad shape on this fight.

I don't have enough posts to link my WoL...

I've been doing this fight as affliction but tonight ima try destro for the burst. id try demo but it just doesn't feel right for the fight. Affliction was great for the fight doing almost 45k with very little dmg done to the bolt basically just what UA shadow-flame and curr would do.

Deleted
    As demo, do you guys multi dot the tentacle and claw?
    Or just focus on tentacle and then the claw?

I multi dotted both targets with all fillers and pet on the tentacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    I multi dotted both targets with all fillers and pet on the tentacle.
    Did this too. Make sure you refresh immolate with HoG on the target you've got the pet on, hardcast the other. Also keep Shadowbolt debuff up on both as needed by your comp.

Deleted
    And I guess you use the Felhunter as pet?

on 4th platform i popped meta for the bolt when it hits the ground, worked out very well

Deleted
    41.7k here, meta on each platform, saved it on the 4th one for the phase change, with some -very- loose multidotting, no DS items/DTR.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8001&e=8717 (flagged as a wipe, but it was in fact a kill)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been doing this as Demo, and have been topping the charts, if it weren't for the lack of ele shaman I would be going Destruction tho, putting a Havoc up on the very last tentacle you will be doing seems beneficial... For now I am running with Demo-incin spec, but main reason for going demo for me is usually AoE, and silly me didn't read up that you can't AoE the blisterings :/
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I ran affliction for this fight and after having downed the encounter im thinking affliction will be top spec for it.
    If your still progressing on it I would recommend Destruction. Seeing as affliction and demo arent all that great for the Ele Bolts or even the blisterlings? (aoe immune adds).

Also has anyone tried using Searing Pain as demo for Bolt/Non-aoe adds? Soulburn gives 50% crit for 6 secs.
    As destro your burst is still good with Immolate>Soulburn Soulfire>Conflag for the bolts.

Don't BoH a tentacle. We messed around with this using BoH and just multi-dotting the adjacent tentacle. You can actually bring a tentacle down far enough to spawn blisterings and the dragon will kill them, which is awesome, but the stacking damage buff they get still applies across platforms. If you do this, your healers will be pressed very hard by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th platform. It'll probably be viable down the road as everyone gears up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the question wasn't answered - I have to know.. What pet did you all use?
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    Don't forget the spellweave lottery. I wish WoL would erase this from the results as it is totally unrelated to the player's true dps.
    On our fight I would consistently have about 3% of damage done by spellweave and another demo would get as much as 18% (second spell / damage done omg).