Does recount now work for some spells for aff locks?

I was in BH yesterday for the first time since 4.1 on my lock. Im like 354 ilvl so i wasnt expecting anything good to come from my out of practice lock skills. But i was surprised however that my recount clocked me in at 17.8k (which is nothing now but w/e). I was being flamed by a priest about "leaving before doing the new boss wtf are you stupid or something?" boss comes out tuesday buddy. He then proceeded to make fun of my dps for being at 12k he even linked it and yes it did say i was doing 12k.

I know there was problems with ele shamans and their fire ele not showing up on other peoples recounts which was a big chunk of their dps with their 4p. Is aff lock teh same way for some spell?

I have never heard of this bug, and as far as i know recount is recording data just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    I have never heard of this bug, and as far as i know recount is recording data just fine.
    One of my buddies is one of the best ele shamans on our server and i was almost tied with him in dps on some fights (not on my warlock obvoiusly lol) but then he linked his recount he was well ahead of me. When i checked it didnt account for his fire ele. Which is why it got me thinking maybe my felhunter wasnt being accounted for on his recount. I know sometimes i see hunters have 2 spots on recount, 1 for the hunters dps and 1 for his pets.

The Fire ele doesn't count for the shaman because the shaman doesn't summon the fire ele. The shaman summons the totem which then the totem summons the ele. I haven't used recount for years because it doesn't work. Not to sound like a Skada fanboy but from my experience Skada is just plain better in every aspect of damage calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The Fire ele doesn't count for the shaman because the shaman doesn't summon the fire ele. The shaman summons the totem which then the totem summons the ele. I haven't used recount for years because it doesn't work. Not to sound like a Skada fanboy but from my experience Skada is just plain better in every aspect of damage calculation.
    Ive been told that. Im not one to try new things. Only reason i havent switched yet.

Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    Which is why it got me thinking maybe my felhunter wasnt being accounted for on his recount. I know sometimes i see hunters have 2 spots on recount, 1 for the hunters dps and 1 for his pets.
    Do you have merge pets with owners checked? My recount was recording just fine but i did just recently switch to skada so maybe its a new bug i guess idk.

It isn't really a bug. It's a difference between how people set up their recount in regards to pets. Some people merge pets with the pet owners, and some people have them separate. Whether I have them merged or separate, I've had no issues picking up our shaman's elemental totems on recount or our hunters' pets. When I'm on my aff lock, other people in the guild have tracked my damage (including pet) with recount just fine this patch.

Sounds like he has them separated and either doesn't realize it or realizes it and likes to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    Sounds like he has them separated and either doesn't realize it or realizes it and likes to be an ass.
    From the way he was acting, this sounds right. It got me thinking tho, does my felhunter really do 6k dps alone?

I don't know if Recount misses any Affliction spells... but there could be a number of factors that could lead to the priest's Recount showing differently. Maybe he/she doesn't have pets merged with owners, or maybe his/her Recount was set to Overall data, and trash DPS would've brought down your total.

It's in the settings - the priest is probably ignoring your pet. 5-7k dps sounds about accurate for your shadow biting little doggy. A lot of people ignore pets for some reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    It's in the settings - the priest is probably ignoring your pet. 5-7k dps sounds about accurate for your shadow biting little doggy. A lot of people ignore pets for some reason or another.
    I wouldve never thought a pet would do 5-7k lol. Thanks for clarifying. That would make sense because he only showed me the top 8 and my pet probably wouldve been 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by broflexing View Post
    From the way he was acting, this sounds right. It got me thinking tho, does my felhunter really do 6k dps alone?
    Yup! He sure does! Their shadow bite hits pretty hard (I've seen it crit for about 30k now that my lock is at 371 ilvl).

I guarantee you he didn't have pets merged with owners

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I guarantee you he didn't have pets merged with owners
    ^ exactly what i think.

Yeah, warlock pets are really badass. It's funny, because as a shadow priest, he'd also get more dps from merging pets with owner. Shadowfiends are pets, and images are guardians, if I recall. But hey, this is usually why I don't respond to idiots in the first place, unless I'm sure of what I'm talking about. It's not like it matters anyway. o/